Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) -2018
For its Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) IIM Indore seeks high quality candidates with strong academic background, preferably with professional experience, and intellectual curiosity needed for scholarship in management.
AREAS OF STUDY (SPECIALIZATION)
The institute presently offers the FPM in the following areas of specialization
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques
- Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
Out of the aforementioned areas, an applicant can choose any one area of specialization only and submit his/her application along with all attachments as mentioned in the on-line Application Form.
Candidates should have:
First Class/ equivalent Master’s degree followed by first class/ equivalent Bachelor’s degree
First Class/ equivalent Five year/ four year Integrated Master’s Degree programme in any discipline
Professional qualifications like CA, ICWA, CS with at least 55 % marks in professional qualification along with first class/ equivalent Bachelor’s degree
First Class/ equivalent Bachelor’s degree (4 year/8 semester)
Those in their final year of Master’s or 4 year/8 semester Bachelor’s degree (B.E / B. Tech/ Architecture / M.B.B.S.) in any discipline can also apply. Such a candidate, if selected will be permitted to join the programme provisionally subject to the submission of a certificate, issued on or before June 30, 2018, from the head of the institution stating that he/she has completed all requirements for obtaining the degree.
The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be based on the practice followed by the institution/university from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case of the candidate being awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where they have obtained the bachelor’s degree. In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result by 100.
* The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree of any of the University incorporated by an Act of central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
* First class as defined by the university norms.
Intake for Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) 2018
The proposed intake for Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) 2018 is 30 for the academic year 2018.
Reservation norms for Fellow Programme in Management FPM 2018
As per Government of India requirement, 27% of the seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “Non-Creamy” layer (NC-OBC), 15% for Scheduled Caste (SC), 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates and 5% for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PWD).
As defined in The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016), “person with benchmark disability” means a person with not less than forty percent (40%) of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes a person with disability where specified disability has been defined in measurable terms, as certified by the certifying authority. “Specified disability” means the disabilities as specified in the Schedule of the RPwD Act 2016.
The categories of disability are:
- blindness and low vision,
- deaf and hard of hearing,
- locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy,
- autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness,
- multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d), and
- other ‘specified disabilities’ mentioned in ‘The Schedule’ of the RPwD Act 2016.
For the purpose of being considered for reservations, the applicable Central Government list as on the last date of registration for the FPM 2018 shall be binding. No subsequent changes will be effective for any subsequent selection process of IIM Indore.
The candidates belonging to categories for which seats are reserved need to note and read carefully the eligibility requirements before applying. It should be noted that while it is the endeavor of IIM Indore that the candidates belonging to NC-OBC/SC/ST/PWD categories join the programme in proportions mandated by the law, they have to meet the eligibility criteria and a certain minimum level of performance in the selection process to be considered for final admission.
Candidates seeking admissions to the Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) of IIM Indore should submit their application online the period Wednesday, November 22, 2017 to Sunday, January 28, 2018 and pay the online non‐refundable/non-transferable application fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) + GST extra for General and NC-OBC category and Rs. 500/-(Rupees five hundred only) + GST extra for SC, ST and PWD category.
Candidates belonging to NC‐OBC, SC, ST and PWD categories need to produce valid certificate(s) in support of their reservation category. No change in the category will be entertained after submitting the application.
* Candidates who have registered for CAT 2017 and indicated their interest for FPM of IIM Indore while doing the registration for CAT 2017 will not be required to pay any application fee as mentioned above, if they apply for FPM 2018 of IIM Indore.
Selection Process for FPM 2018
The candidates will be selected on the basis of overall performance in Research Aptitude Test (RAT) and Personal Interview (PI). The selection process is as follows:
Stage 1: The candidates satisfying the academic eligibility criteria as mentioned above should submit their application online.
Stage 2: Based on the applications received, candidates satisfying Academic eligibility criteria will be called for the Research Aptitude Test (RAT), to be conducted at IIM Indore or any other designated centres during March/ April 2018.
Stage 3: After the Research Aptitude Test (RAT) candidates will be shortlisted for the Personal Interview (candidates will be shortlisted in the ratio of 1:7 for the approved intake across the categories) the shortlisting of the candidates will be done considering only those candidates having positive raw scores and minimum marks in RAT (Minimum marks will be decided by the Admissions Committee).
Stage 4: Shortlisted candidates shall appear for the Personal Interview (PI) at IIM Indore (during April 2018). IIM Indore also expects a consistent and minimum performance in the different parameters of Personal Interview (PI), which will be decided by Admissions Committee. Candidates not meeting the minimum performance in any of PI parameters will not be considered for the next stage of selection process i.e. Stage-5.
Stage 5: Final selection will be based on the requirements of the academic area to which the candidate has applied and an area-wise offer list will be prepared. Only the candidates satisfying the requirements mentioned in earlier stages will be considered for the final selection. Category-wise and Academic Area-wise merit list will be generated based on Composite Score (CS) as mentioned in Table – 1 and the provisional admission offers will be made.
Table-1: Computation of Composite Score
|Research Aptitude Test (RAT)||
|Personal Interview (PI)||
All matters pertaining to admission into the FPM at IIM Indore is governed by the decisions taken by the Admissions committee.
Selected candidates shall be required to deposit a commitment fee of Rs.50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only). This fee has to be paid at the time of acceptance of the offer letter by the selected candidate and is to be made vide an online bank transfer.
An amount of Rs.20,000/- out of Rs. 50,000/- (commitment fee) deposited by FPM students shall be retained till completion of the programme and refund shall be considered in the following manner.
- Refund of Rs.30,000/- after completion of Term-I
- Refund of Rs.20,000/- after submission of No Dues/ Clearance form.
- Currently the FPM students at IIM Indore are provided the fellowship grant/stipend of Rs.27,000/-(Rupees twenty seven thousand only) per month during their course work (Term-I, II III and IV) and Rs.33,000/-(Rupees thirty three thousand only) per month after clearing the area comprehensive examination as per norms.
- A contingency grant of Rs.25,000/-(Rupees twenty five thousand only) per annum for 04 years is also provided to FPM students for supporting the research efforts and is subject to the norms of the programme.
- The Institute subsidizes for presenting papers in National Conference once in a year from second year onwards.
- For International Conferences, the Institute subsidizes expenses subject to a ceiling of Rs. Two lakhs with a provision of attending a maximum of two International Conferences plus International Doctoral Colloquium or International Professional Development Workshop during the entire period of the programme but not beyond five years.
A candidate can submit the On-line application with all the attachments as required on or before Sunday, 28th January, 2018 up to 23:55:00 hours
- Please note that the mailing address and the email id provided by the candidate shall be considered for all correspondence by the Institute.
- All fields marked with * are mandatory.
- While filling the On-line application form, scanned copy of the documents must be uploaded wherever it has been asked for.
- The applicant must provide correct and valid e-mail id and mobile number
- Giving false information will affect your candidature negatively, if you are admitted to the programme on the basis of false information furnished by you, it will lead to your expulsion from the institute.
- Please note that mere fulfilling of the minimum qualifications will not make a candidate eligible for admissions into FPM 2018
- Your complete application should include
- Personal details
- Educational qualification
- Employment history & References
- Qualifying Test Score & Academic Achievements
- Statement of Purpose
- Payment of application fee (as applicable)
For any enquiries related to Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) Admissions, you may please feel free to contact as per details given below:
The Admissions Office
Indian Institute of Management, Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road,
Indore – 453556 (M.P.), India
Phone: 0731- 2439685/686/687/689