Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) -2017
Last date for submission of Application is 13th January, 2017
For its Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) IIM Indore seeks high quality candidates with strong academic background, preferably with professional experience, and intellectual curiosity needed for scholarship in management.
Candidates should have:
Masters’ degree in any discipline, with at least 55 per cent marks (High second class) and at least 50% marks at Bachelor’s degree* level
Five year/ four year Integrated Master’s Degree programme in any discipline, with at least 55 percent marks
Professional qualifications like CA, ICWA, CS with at least 55 percent marks in professional qualification and at least 50% marks at Bachelor’s degree* level
4 year/8 semester Bachelor’s degree with at least 60 percent marks or equivalent grade point average
Those in their final year of Master’s or 4 year/8 semester Bachelor’s degree (B.E / B. Tech/ Architecture /M.B.B.S.) in any discipline can also apply. Such candidate, if selected will be permitted to join the programme provisionally subject to the submission of a certificate, issued on or before June 30, 2017, from the head of the institution stating that he/she has completed all requirements for obtaining the degree before June 30, 2017.
*The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree of any of the University incorporated by an Act of central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
AREAS OF STUDY (SPECIALIZATION)
The institute presently offers the FPM in the following areas of specialization
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques
- Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
Out of the aforementioned areas, an applicant can choose any one area of specialization only and submit his/her application along with all attachments as mentioned in the on-line Application Form.
Stage 1: Application screening based on
- Percentage marks/equivalent grades in Graduation/Post Graduation.
Stage 2: Written Test for shortlisted candidates shall be held on Sunday, February 26, 2017
- Written test in two parts:
- Part I – 60 minutes (research writing)
- Part II – 90 minutes (quantitative aptitude, verbal ability and data interpretation & reasoning)
- Candidates having a minimum CAT-2016 test score as decided by the FPM Admissions committee will be exempted from Part-II of the FPM-2017 written test, however such candidates will be required to appear for Part-I of the written test comprising of research writing.
Stage 3: Personal Interview at IIM Indore campus in April, 2017
PERSONAL INTERVIEW (PI)
Only short-listed candidates will be called for personal interview and further evaluation at IIM Indore.
- Candidates will be admitted into the programme based on a combination of multiple parameters. Parameters will include applicant’s performance in IIM Indore written test, past academic performance, work experience, and interview performance etc.
- All matters pertaining to admission into the FPM at IIM Indore is governed by the decisions taken by the FPM Admissions committee
Selected candidates shall be required to deposit a commitment fee of Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only). This fee has to be paid at the time of acceptance of the offer letter by the selected candidate and is to be made vide a demand draft drawn on any nationalized bank favoring Indian Institute of Management Indore payable at Indore.
WAIVER OF FIRST MODULE (FOUNDATION COURSES) OF THE FPM
Following candidates are eligible to apply for waiver of the first module (Foundation Courses) of the Fellow Programme in Management:
- Alumni of IIMs (PGP, PGP-ABM, PGP-PMP, and PGPX) provided the candidate has obtained in the first year of the above degree/diploma a minimum grade point equivalent to 2.55 out of 4.33, with no Fs and not more than two Ds.
- Candidates who have completed similar program of other universities/ Business Schools are eligible to apply for exemption of first module (Foundation Courses) provided they satisfy the following conditions:
- The candidate should have completed a full-time, two year MBA degree, two year PG Diploma in Management or one year PGPX, one year PGP-PMP (or equivalent) in Management from any recognized and reputed University / Business School / Institution.
- The candidate should have obtained in the first year of the above degree/diploma a minimum average grade point equivalent to IIM Indore’s 2.55 out of 4.33, with no Fs and not more than two Ds.
- The candidates should have obtained the qualifying degree or diploma, not more than ten years ago with respect to the beginning of the first module of the FPM programme into which she/he is seeking admission. However, exceptions may be made to this by the FPM Executive committee on a case by case basis.
The granting of waiver is not automatic. The candidate needs to make an application to the Chairperson (FPM) after receipt of the provisional offer letter for admission and acceptance of the same by the selected candidate. The final decision related to the waiver is made by the FPM Executive committee (FPM EC) on a case by case by taking into account all relevant factors, including:
- The quality and content of the program (MBA/PGDM/PGP-ABM etc.) undergone by the candidate.
- The performance of the candidate in the programme.
- The FPM EC, on applying its criteria, can grant full, partial, or no waiver to the candidate.
- The decision of the FPM EC shall be final and binding.
- Currently the FPM students at IIM Indore are provided the fellowship grant/stipend of Rs.27,000/-(Rupees twenty seven thousand only) per month during their course work (Term-I, II III and IV) and Rs.33,000/-(Rupees thirty three thousand only) per month after clearing the area comprehensive examination as per norms.
- A contingency grant of Rs.25,000/-(Rupees twenty five thousand only) per annum for 04 years is also provided to FPM students for supporting the research efforts and is subject to the norms of the programme.
- The Institute subsidizes for presenting papers in National Conference once in a year from second year onwards.
- For International Conferences, the Institute subsidizes expenses subject to a ceiling of Rs.Two lakhs with a provision of attending a maximum of two International Conferences plus International Doctoral Colloquium or International Professional Development Workshop during the entire period of the programme but not beyond five years.
The application fee (non-refundable) is Rs.750/- (Rupees seven hundred fifty only) for all candidates
In case of any query, write to email@example.com
Contact No. 0731-2439675; 0731-2439666
HOW TO APPLY
Application can be submitted online from 26th October, 2016 to 13th January, 2017 up to 23:00:00 hours. Please note that a candidate can apply only for one area of specialization. Please read the Instructions carefully
A candidate can submit the On-line application with all the attachments as required on or before Friday, 13th January, 2017 up to 23:00:00 hours
- Please note that the mailing address and the email id provided by the candidate shall be considered for all correspondence by the Institute.
- All fields marked with * are mandatory.
- While filling the On-line application form, scanned copy of the documents must be uploaded wherever it has been asked for.
- The applicant must provide correct and valid e-mail id and mobile number
- Giving false information will affect your candidacy negative If you are admitted to the programme on the basis of false information furnished by you, it will lead to your expulsion from the institute.
- Your complete application should include
- Personal data
- Educational qualification
- Statement of Purpose
- Personal history
- Employment history (work experience)
- Letters of recommendation
- Payment of application fee
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road,
In case of any queries, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact No. 0731-2439675; 0731-2439666