Fellow Programme in Management (Industry)-2017
Last date for submission of Application is 13th January, 2017
The FPM (Industry) seeks high quality candidates with strong academic and professional background and those individuals who can demonstrate intellectual curiosity needed for scholarship in management.
- Master’s degree* in any discipline, with at least 55 per cent marks or equivalent grade point average
- Professional qualifications like CA, ICWA, CS with at least 55 percent marks or equivalent grade point average
- 4 years/8 semester bachelor’s degree with at least 60 per cent marks or equivalent grade point average
Work experience not less than 10 years for all candidates out of which the last 05 years should be in Industry.
* In case the post-graduate qualification is one-year programme (example: 1-year PGDM), candidates should produce a certificate that their qualification is equivalent to Master’s degree as per AICTE/ UGC or any other statutory authority.
Areas of Study
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques
- Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
Out of the aforementioned areas, an applicant can choose any one area of specialization only and submit his/her application along with all attachments as mentioned in the on-line Application Form.
The selection committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for research work based on the portfolio of the candidate and his/her performance in the interview. The committee in particular will look into a consistently good academic record, professional accomplishments, research interest etc.
Short-listed candidate will be called for a personal interview and further evaluation at IIM Indore in April 2017.
All matters pertaining to admission into the FPM at IIM Indore is governed by the decisions taken by the FPM Admissions committee
Total Fee for the Programme
The total fee for the course is Rs. 5,50,000/-(Rs. Five Lakh Fifty Thousand only) with Service Tax extra , as applicable at the time of admission payable in the following manner:
- Acceptance fee Rs.50,000/-(Rs. Fifty Thousand only) non-refundable along with Service Tax extra payable before commencement of the programme in the academic year into which he/she is selected for admission.
- The balance Rs.5,00,000/-(Rs. Five Lakh only) along with Service Tax extra payable before commencement of the programme in the academic year into which he/she is selected for admission.
A concession of 30 percent shall be available on Rs.5,00,000/-(Rs. five lakh only) to full time central/state government employees. Full time central/state govt. employees pay a total fee of Rs.4,00,000/-(Rs. four lakh only) with Service Tax extra, as applicable at the time of admission payable in the following manner:
- Acceptance fee Rs.50,000/-(Rs. fifty thousand only) non-refundable along with Service Tax extra.
- The balance Rs.3,50,000/-(Rs. three lakh fifty thousand only) along with Service Tax extra.
The on-campus course work has three components:
Module-I (Foundation courses) – This is one and half month integrated course on foundation of management beginning on 1st June and closing on 15th July of the academic year into which he/she takes admission (dates are tentative and may be subject to changes).
Please note that this module may be combined with other programmes which have similar requirements.
Module-II (Compulsory courses) – This module begins on 1st September and closes on 30th September of the academic year into which he/she takes admission(dates are tentative and may be subject to changes)
Module-III ( Area seminar courses/ related area courses) – This module begins on 15th November and closes on 23rd December of the academic year into which he/she takes admission(dates are tentative and may be subject to changes)
Waiver From First Module (Foundation Courses)
Candidates with PGP/EPGP from reputed institutions such as IIMs, IITs, and other nationally important institutions can be considered on a case-by-case basis by the FPM Executive Committee
The granting of waiver is not automatic. The candidate needs to make an application to the Chairperson (FPM) after receipt of the provisional offer letter for admission and its acceptance with the acceptance fee. The final decision related to the waiver is made by the FPM Executive Committee (FPM EC) on a case by case basis by taking into account all relevant factors, including:
- The quality and content of the program (MBA/PGDM/PGP-ABM etc.) undergone by the candidate.
- The performance of the candidate in the programme.
- The FPM EC, on applying its criteria, can grant the waiver or no waiver to the candidate.
- The decision of the FPM EC shall be final and binding.
If waiver is granted overall fee for the programme will remain the same as announced.
After the completion of the course work, a candidate is given a comprehensive examination to assess the suitability of the candidate for the thesis work. Candidates will have to prepare a thesis proposal on their area of work, rather than taking standard exams. This can be refined further to complete the actual thesis proposal.
After passing the comprehensive examination, the participant enters the thesis stage. This phase embarks students on his/her doctoral level research, comprising of thesis proposal defense, thesis writing, and thesis examination. The thesis should be a scholarly contribution to the knowledge pertinent to the understanding and resolution of management problems. The participant should demonstrate professional competence in developing a model or a set of hypotheses, collecting and interpreting data, reaching conclusions, and drawing the implications for research and managerial practice.
The application fee (Non-Refundable) is Rs.1500/-(Rupees one thousand five hundred only) for all candidates
In case of any query, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact No. 0731-2439675; 0731-2439666
How to Apply
Application can be submitted online from 26th October, 2016 to 13th January, 2017 up to 23:00:00 hours. Please note that a candidate can apply only for one area of specialization. Please read the Instructions carefully.
A candidate can submit the On-line application with all the attachments as required on or before Friday, 13th January, 2017 up to 23:00:00 hours
- Please note that the mailing address and the email id provided by the candidate shall be considered for all correspondence by the Institute.
- All fields marked with * are mandatory.
- While filling the On-line application form, scanned copy of the documents must be uploaded wherever it has been asked for.
- The applicant must provide correct and valid e-mail id and mobile number
- Giving false information will affect your candidacy negative If you are admitted to the programme on the basis of false information furnished by you, it will lead to your expulsion from the institute.
- Your complete application should include
- Personal data
- Educational qualification
- Statement of Purpose
- Personal history
- Employment history (work experience)
- Letters of recommendation
- Payment of application fee
Indian Institute of Management Indore,
In case of any queries, write to email@example.com
Contact No. 0731-2439675; 0731-2439666