Global competition and discerning customers are forcing manufacturers to optimize manufacturing operations and all the possible process of supply chains that enable them to deliver quality products in a short period of time. Lean system that originates from the Toyota production system (TPS) is the initiatives to streamline the production process and the roadmap to manufacturing excellence.
Lean system help in identifying customer value by analyzing all the activities required to produce the product at the pace of customer demand with little or no waste. The major motivation of this program is to make participants aware of lean system in designing and managing production system while demonstrating lean practices and tools to improve the performance of the manufacturing firms.
- To introduce and discuss characteristics of Toyota Production System practices.
- To understand process flow and value stream mapping and its role in waste reduction.
- To introduce various elements of lean manufacturing.
- To help in designing the road map for JIT implementation and understanding the various issues involved in linking suppliers to customer through JIT.
- Process flow and capacity analysis
- Value stream mapping
- Quality management
- The Toyota Production System
- Generic element of lean system i.e. Muda (waste elimination), pull system, quality, small lot size, heijunka, Scheduling, KANBAN etc.
- Lean implementation case studies.
Management Development Programmes (MDP) Office
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road
Indore 453556, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. : +91-731-2439750, 2439752, 2439753, 24397544
Fax : +91-731-2439751, 2439800
Middle and senior management professionals and entrepreneurs with an interest in conceptual and practical aspects of creativity
The Methodology would include an appropriate mix of inputs, discussions, case studies, exercises, group activities and presentation by participants.
Service Tax, as applicable, will be additional
Prof. Sanjay C. Choudhari