The programme aims to teach the participants how to use Microsoft Excel 2013 tool for modelling, reporting and solving several problems related to business. This is a rigorous hands-on course which is appropriate for beginners as well as proficient excel users. The exercises used in this programme are based on some commonly observed problems from different domains in management. The participants will learn not only the commands but also understand an effective approach to model and automate a given problem. We expect a significant reduction in the participants’ routine excel-related work after successful completion of this programme.
To make the participants proficient in solving their day to day problems using Microsoft Excel.
- The course will cover, in-detail, the following basic and advanced topics:
- Introduction to excel functionality (Absolute and Relative Referencing)
- Using basic built-in functions (IF, VLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH, COUNTIF, Text Functions )
- Using advanced built-in functions (OFFSET, INDIRECT, Array formulae)
- Data crunching tools (Data Tables, What-if analysis, Database functions, Pivot tables)
- More complex excel functionality (Solver, Macros and introductory VBA)
The exercises to cover the above mentioned topics have been mainly chosen from HR, Operations, Legal, Accounting, Finance and Sales.
Management Development Programmes (MDP) Office
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road
Indore 453556, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Email : email@example.com
Tel. : +91-731-2439750, 2439752, 2439753, 24397544
Fax : +91-731-2439751, 2439800
Anyone who deals with excel on a regular basis.
Service Tax, as applicable, will be additional
Prof. Harshal Lowalekar