The course focuses on Human Resource Management (HRM) practices in organizations and their impact on the functioning and effectiveness of the organization.
“People are the primary source of sustained competitive advantage” (Micheals, 1999).
This statement reflects the significance of people management in an organization. In the knowledge driven economy, organizations aim to stay ahead of competition through their intellectual capital. Voluntary attrition of top performers is a metric that is closely followed by top managers across the world. This course focuses on the strategic role of HRM and covers the major functions in HRM, viz. talent acquisition, talent management and development, and talent retention
Key deliverables of the course include,
- Understanding and appreciating the role of HRM in supporting business strategy and the role of line managers in people management.
- Gain familiarity with the nuances of various HR activities like manpower planning, recruitment and selection, performance management, training and development, compensation management and employee engagement
- Decision making with respect to people management / HRM issues
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Acquisition
- Performance management – Introduction& measurement
- Employee engagement
Management Development Programmes (MDP) Office
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road
Indore 453556, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Email : email@example.com
Tel. : +91-731-2439750, 2439752, 2439753, 24397544
Fax : +91-731-2439751, 2439800
Senior and middle level executives of public and private sector organizations largely working in the HR domain. However, the programme will also be
useful to other manger's who are facing people related challenges and are in the need for designing evidence based intervention.
The methodology would include an appropriate mix of lectures, discussions, case studies, & role-plays.
Service Tax, as applicable, will be additional
Prof. Ranjeet Nambudiri