Executive Fellow Programme in Management (EFPM)-2021
For its Executive Fellow Programme in Management (EFPM) leading to a PhD, IIM Indore seeks high-quality candidates with strong academic background, preferably with professional experience, and intellectual curiosity needed for scholarship in management. The last date for submission of online application is February 17, 2021.
Areas of Study (Specialization)
The institute presently offers EFPM in the following areas of specialization
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Systems (Information Systems Management, Emerging technologies, and Data Science / Analytics)
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques (Operations Management, Operations Research, Statistics and Mathematics)
- Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management (Strategic Management, International Business and Entrepreneurship)
Out of the aforementioned areas, an applicant can choose any one area of specialization only and submit his/her application along with all attachments as required and mentioned in the on-line Application Form. Candidates are encouraged to check the individual faculty research profiles in their areas of specialization to understand the research interests of the faculty.
Eligibility (Work Experience and Academic)
Candidates must have a Minimum 5 years of managerial/ entrepreneurial/ professional experience after graduation as on the application deadline date (i.e. February 17, 2021) and also fulfil the requirement of the academic eligibility as mentioned below:
Master’s degree in any discipline with at least 60 percent aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average.
Postgraduate Diploma (2 years) with at least 60 percent aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average.
Professional qualifications CA, ICWA, CS (with at least 50 percent aggregate marks) along with a B.Com/ Degree (with at least 60 percent aggregate marks).
A five year integrated Master’s degree program in any discipline, with at least 60 percent aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average.
First Class/ equivalent Bachelor’s degree (4 year/8 semesters) with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 or equivalent.
- In addition to the above academic eligibility, minimum 60 percent marks in Secondary (Class X) and minimum 55 percent marks in Senior Secondary (Class XII) is required.
The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree, awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or the state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
The equivalence of the foreign degree needs to be certified by the Association of Indian Universities. The bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be based on the practice followed by the institution/university from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case of the candidates being awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where they have obtained a bachelor’s degree.
In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result by 100.
The percentage of marks obtained in Class X and Class XII would be the aggregate marks of all subjects that appear in the mark sheet of grade sheet, irrespective of whether the Board considers them for calculation of percentage.
Acceptable Standard Test Scores
Candidates require a standard test score, from any one of the acceptable tests (test taken in the calendar year 2016 onwards only will be considered) for the area(s) of specialization they are applying to, as shown in the following table.
|Area of Specialization||Acceptable Standard Test Score(s)|
|Financial and Accounting||CAT/ GMAT/JRF/RAT*|
|Information and Systems||CAT/ GMAT / GATE / GRE/RAT*|
|Marketing Management||CAT/ GATE/GRE/GMAT/RAT*|
|Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques||CAT/ GMAT / GATE / GRE / JRF/RAT*|
|Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management||CAT/ GMAT/GRE/ JRF/RAT*|
|Strategic Management||CAT/ GRE/GMAT/RAT*|
Research Aptitude Test (RAT)*- In the event of not having a standard test score, candidate may apply based on the Research Aptitude Test (RAT) of IIM Indore which will be conducted on Saturday March 14, 2021.
Research Aptitude Test (RAT) will test candidates on quantitative ability, verbal ability and research aptitude.
Candidates seeking admission to the Executive Fellow Programme in Management (EFPM) of IIM Indore should submit their application online between the period Monday, December 14, 2020, to Wednesday, February 17, 2021, and pay the online non‐refundable/non-transferable application fee of Rs. 3000/- (Rupees Three thousand only) + GST extra. If applying for two areas pay online non-refundable/non-transferable fee of Rs. 4500/- (Rupees Four Thousand Five Hundred only) + GST Extra.
Selection Process for EFPM 2021
The candidates will be shortlisted (on the recommendation of the respective areas) on the based information provided in the application form. The selection process is as follows:
Stage 1: The candidates satisfying the academic eligibility criteria as mentioned above should submit their application online.
Stage 2: Based on the applications received, candidates satisfying Academic eligibility criteria and acceptable standard test the shortlisting will be done by the respective Areas and candidates will be called for Personal Interview (PI), to be conducted at IIM Indore during March/ April 2021.
Note: Candidates who are applying based on the Research Aptitude Test (RAT) of IIM Indore which will be conducted on Saturday March 13, 2021 will be required to be present in the IIM Indore campus on the test day by 8:30 am, shortlisting of the candidates will be published on the same day i.e. March 13, 2021. Candidates shortlisted after the RAT will be appearing for the Interview either on the same day or on March 14, 2021.
Stage 3: IIM Indore also expects a consistent and minimum performance in the different parameters of Personal Interview (PI), which will be decided by Admissions Committee. Candidates not meeting the minimum performance in any of PI parameters will not be considered for the next stage of the selection process i.e. Stage-4.
Stage 4: Final selection will be based on the requirements of the academic area to which the candidate has applied and an area-wise offer list will be prepared by the Areas only.
Only the candidates satisfying the requirements mentioned in earlier stages will be considered for the final selection. Academic Area-wise merit list will be generated based on the performance in the Personal Interviews and the provisional admission offers will be made.
All matters pertaining to admission into the EFPM at IIM Indore is governed by the decisions taken by the Admissions Committee.
A candidate can submit the On-line application with all the attachments as required on or before Wednesday, 17th February, 2021 up to 23:55:00 hours
- Please note that the mailing address and email id provided by the candidate shall be considered for all correspondence by the Institute.
- All fields marked with * are mandatory.
- While filling the On-line application form, scanned copy of the documents must be uploaded wherever it has been asked for.
- The applicant must provide correct and valid email id and mobile number
- Giving false information will affect your candidature negatively, if you are admitted to the programme on the basis of false information furnished by you, it will lead to your expulsion from the institute.
- Please note that mere fulfilling of the minimum qualifications will not make a candidate eligible for admissions into EFPM 2021
- Your complete application should include
- Personal details
- Educational qualification
- Standard test score details
- Employment history & References
- Academic Achievements
- Statement of Purpose
- Payment of application fee (as applicable)
For any enquiries related to Executive Fellow Programme in Management (EFPM) Admissions, you may please feel free to contact as per details given below:
The FPM Office
Indian Institute of Management, Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road,
Indore – 453556 (M.P.), India
Phone: 0731- 2439675 Email: email@example.com
© This document is released by Chairperson, Admissions of Indian Institute of Management Indore on behalf of its admission committee. IIMI reserves the right to change, modify or adopt any new admission process that it deems necessary and which best suits its purpose of identifying and admitting the most appropriate students to the Programme. Any dispute concerning admissions for EFPM-2021 of IIM Indore would be subject to jurisdiction of the competent courts within the territorial jurisdiction of the city of Indore only.
Total Fee for the Programme
The total fee for the course is Rs. 9,80,000/-(Rs. Nine Lakh Eighty Thousand only), as applicable at the time of admission payable in the following manner:
- Acceptance fee Rs.80,000/-(Rs. Eighty Thousand only) non-refundable payable before commencement of the programme in the academic year into which he/she is selected for admission.
- The balance Rs. 9,00,000/- (Nine Lakhs only) must be deposited in four instalments in the following manner :
- a) 1st instalment – Rs. 3,00,000/-
- b) 2nd instalment – Rs. 2,00,000/-
- c) 3rd instalment – Rs. 2,00,000/-
- d) 4th instalment – Rs. 2,00,000/-
Each instalment has to be made between 3 weeks before the start of the course module of the programme.
The programme duration is three years. Candidates should ensure that they complete the requirements of the programme within this stipulated time. In case candidate is not able to complete the programme in three years, they can be given two extensions of 6 months each depending upon their progress.
The students who go beyond the above stipulated time may be allowed to continue in the programme depending upon their progress and with payment of continuation fee but not beyond 06 years as under:
- After completion of 04 years into the programme, the EFPM participant may be allowed by FPM Executive Committee to continue in the programme after reviewing his/her thesis progress report and recommendation of TAC on six monthly extension basis for a period of one year subject to payment of a continuation fee of Rs. 25,000/- every 06 months.
- After completion of 05 years into the programme, the EFPM participant shall be required to make an appeal to Director for further grant of extension by submitting his/her thesis progress report and plan of action duly approved by TAC. In the event of grant of extension by Director, such participant may be allowed to continue in the programme on a six monthly extension basis for a period of maximum of one year subject to payment of a continuation fee of Rs. 50,000/- every 06 months.
- Beyond 06 years there will be no consideration of any further extension and the participant shall be required to withdraw from the programme compulsorily.
Curriculum and Course Work
The on-campus course work has four modules in the following manner
Module I Courses, Duration: 8-9 days, Timeline: June/July 2021
|1. Core Courses (All Area) – 2 credits * 9 area (Each area will offer one course of two credits)|
|Total – 18 credits|
Module II Courses, Duration: 8-9 days’, Timeline: October/November 2021
|1. Compulsory Course – Philosophy of Research : 2 credits|
|2. Area Compulsory Course – 4 credits (1×4 or 2×2) Total – 6 credits|
Module III Courses, Duration: 14 days’, Timeline: January/February 2022
|1. Compulsory Course – Academic Writing : 2 credits|
|2. Compulsory Course (Research Exposure) – Literature Review 2 cr. + Case 2 credits – 4 Credits|
|3. Area Compulsory Course – Area Research Methods – 6 credits (minimum credit for sub module 2 credit upto 50% sessions in off campus)|
|4. Area Electives – 4 credits (2×2 or 1×4)|
|Total – 16 credits|
- After Module-III the candidate will be required to appear for the area qualifying examination and Area Chairperson will coordinate with the candidate of their respective area for the examination.
- The candidate has to successfully clear the exam before commencement of Module-IV.
- The candidate who do not qualify the exam shall be given a second and last attempt to complete the requirement.
- In the event of failure to pass the Area Qualifying exam in the second and last attempt, the matter will be placed before the FPM Executive Committee and on the recommendation of the FPM EC the candidate will have to exit from the programme.
Module IV Courses, Duration: 16 days’, Timeline: April/May 2021
|1. Compulsory Course – Pedagogy in Management : 4 credits|
|2. Area Electives – 4 credits (2×2 or 1×4) upto 50% sessions in off campus mode|
|3. Area/Other area Electives – 4 credits (2×2 or 1×4)|
|Total – 12 credits|
- The candidates will be required to obtain an overall CGPA of 3.000 or above for passing the course work in (Module I, II, III and IV)
- The candidate will start preparing a proposal under the guidance of his/her TAC.
- The candidate will be required to present his/her proposal to the TAC in Module IV and on approval of the same by TAC.
- The candidate is expected to present a proposal seminar and successfully defend it within a period of six months from the date of completion of Module-IV. However, based on the progress report duly approved by the TAC, a six monthly extension can be given to the candidate, failing which, the candidate will be required to either repeat the course work or exit from the programme.
Requirements after completion of the thesis proposal defense
- After satisfactory completion of the thesis proposal defense, the student starts writing the thesis up to the satisfaction of his / her TAC.
- On completion of thesis research, the candidates gives a public seminar, submits the thesis and defends the same.
- The thesis should be a scholarly contribution to the knowledge pertinent to the understanding and resolution of management problems. The participants should demonstrate professional competence in developing a model or a set of hypothesis, collect and interpreting data, reaching conclusions, and drawing the implications for research and managerial practices and maintain high level of academic honesty.
- The candidate will be required to submit his / her progress reports every six months after Module-IV.
For the award of a PhD the candidate needs to fulfil specific requirements as specified by the institute related to
- Presentation of papers in national/international conferences.
- Publishing of papers in peer reviewed journals.