About IIM Indore
Established in 1996, the Indian Institute of Management, Indore, is the sixth addition to the prestigious IIM family of management schools. Indore was chosen to host the school to give an impetus to management education in Central India and since then, the institute has pioneered various initiatives in the field of management interfacing with the industry, government sectors, and PSUs. The essence of management, IIM Indore believes, lies in managing one’s own ambitions and forging ahead consciously. A strong theoretical foundation is the basis of good corporate practice. Hence, IIM Indore offers a range of programmes such as the PGP, IPM (Integrated five year Programme), EPGP (for experienced professionals), PGPMX (for working executives, from Mumbai campus), GMPE (for working executives, from Indore campus), besides various management development programmes on both online and physical mode.
The FPM and the EFPM are the two currently running doctoral programmes of the institute.
- To evolve as a contextually relevant business school with world class academic standards.
- To propagate, assimilate and develop contemporary innovative management practices and systems to contribute to social capitalism in India.
- To illustrate and experience the uniqueness of embedding a business school in a social science setting.
- To have a dominant presence in all segments of management education in India and abroad.
IIM Indore seeks to be a contextually-relevant business school with world-class academic standards that develops socially-conscious managers, leaders and entrepreneurs. IIM Indore is committed to:
- Excellence in management education, research, and training.
- Use of contemporary participant-centric pedagogies and teaching methods.
- A presence in emerging segments of management education.
EFPMG at IIMI
The Executive Fellow Programme in Management and Governance (EFPMG) is a unique doctoral programme for working Senior Officers in the Indian Administrative Services. To be initiated in 2021, the program is one of the first such programs for officers offered by an IIM, which culminates with a PhD degree in management. The programme offers a rigorous course work and opportunity to pursue research in the guidance of some of the best management researchers. IIM Indore currently has one of the biggest cohorts of doctoral candidates (more that 120 across both its doctoral programmes) in the management domain in the country. The programme is expected to enable IIM Indore to contribute to effective governance of the country and nation-building.
Areas of Specialization
The institute presently offers EFPMG in the following areas of specialization:
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Systems (Information Systems Management, Emerging technologies, and Data Science or Analytics)
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques (Operations Management, Operations Research, Statistics and Mathematics)
- Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management (Strategic Management, International Business and Entrepreneurship)
These specializations mean that the dissertation should be anchored in one of these areas, with implications for governance. Out of the aforementioned areas, an applicant can apply a maximum of two areas of specialization and submit their application along with all attachments as mentioned in the on-line Application Form. However, in the event of final selection and at the time of joining, you must select one area to pursue the programme. Candidates are encouraged to check the research profiles of the faculty at IIMI to understand their research interests and specializations.
Selection Process for EFPMG 2021
The candidates who satisfy the academic eligibility criteria (see below) can submit their application online. Candidates will be shortlisted based on their academic eligibility, the Research Aptitude Test (RAT) and personal interview (PI). The RAT will test candidates on quantitative ability, verbal ability and research aptitude. The shortlisted candidates from the RAT will be invited for PI, to be conducted by IIM Indore during the period July 2021. The successful candidates will be made an offer to join the programme tentatively scheduled to start by end of July, 2021.
All matters pertaining to admission into the EFPMG at IIM Indore is governed by the decisions taken by the Admissions Committee. Application Procedure is available on the website.
IIM Indore will communicate the dates to short listed candidates. Given the COVID-19 situation, the institute will conduct the selection process online.
Candidates must have a Minimum 5 years of experience working as an Officer (Pay band level 11 and above as per the 7th CPC) as on the deadline of the application and also fulfil the requirement of the academic eligibility as mentioned below:
Master’s degree in any discipline with at least 60 percent aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average.
Postgraduate Diploma (2 years) with at least 60 percent aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average.
Professional qualifications CA, ICWA, CS (with at least 50 percent aggregate marks) along with a B.Com or Degree (with at least 60 percent aggregate marks).
A five year integrated Master’s degree program in any discipline, with at least 60 percent aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average.
First Class/ equivalent Bachelor’s degree (4 year/8 semesters) with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 or equivalent.
In addition to the above academic eligibility, minimum 60 percent marks in Secondary (Class X) and minimum 55 percent marks in Senior Secondary (Class XII) is required.
For 2021-22 admissions to EFPMG, IIM Indore is coordinating with Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) in getting applications from the interested candidates for this programme. Service officers interested for this program, and meeting the eligibility criteria, are advised to visit the link ( ONLINE APPLICATION) for completing the application process.
Candidates seeking admission to the Executive Fellow Programme in Management and Governance (EFPMG) of IIM Indore should submit their application online latest by Monday, 21st June 2021, and pay the online non‐refundable/non-
Please make the payment of Rs.3,540/- towards application fee by bank transfer as per the bank details given below:
|Account Name||Indian Institute of Management Indore|
|IFSC Code (For RTGS/NEFT)||CNRB0002635|
|Address of Branch||CANARA BANK, 2635 PIGDAMBER – 453331|
|Beneficiary Name||Indian Institute of Management Indore|
In the narration while transaction, you mention your name and programme applied.
The total fee for the programme is Rs. 9,80,000/-* (Rs. Nine Lakh Eighty Thousand only), as applicable at the time of admission payable in the following manner:
Acceptance fee Rs.80,000/- (Rs. Eighty Thousand only) non-refundable payable before commencement of the programme in the academic year into which he/she is selected for admission.
The balance Rs. 9,00,000/- (Nine Lakhs only) must be deposited in four instalments in the following manner :
- a) 1st instalment : Rs. 3,00,000/-
- b) 2nd instalment : Rs. 2,00,000/-
- c) 3rd instalment : Rs. 2,00,000/-
- d) 4th instalment – : Rs. 2,00,000/-
Each instalment has to be made 03 weeks before the start of the course module of the programme.
* Upward revision of fee is proposed subject to approval of competent authority
The programme duration is three years. Candidates should ensure that they complete the requirements of the programme within this stipulated time. In case candidate is not able to complete the programme in three years, they can be given two extensions of 6 months each depending upon their progress.
The students who go beyond the stipulated time may be allowed to continue in the programme subjected to their progress, and with the payment of continuation fee. However, the duration of the PhD must not exceed 06 years:
- After completion of 04 years into the programme, the EFPMG participant may be allowed by FPM Executive Committee to continue in the programme after a review of their thesis progress report and recommendation of TAC on six monthly extension basis for a period of one year subject to payment of a continuation fee of Rs. 25,000/- every 06 months.
- Further, after completion of 05 years into the programme, the EFPMG participant shall be required to make an appeal to the Director for further grant of extension by submitting their thesis progress report and plan of action, duly approved by TAC. In the event of grant of extension by the Director, such participants may be allowed to continue in the programme on a six monthly extension for a period of maximum of one year, subject to payment of a continuation fee of Rs. 50,000/- every 06 months.
- Beyond 06 years there will be no consideration of any further extension and the participant shall be required to withdraw from the programme compulsorily.
Curriculum and Course Work
The on-campus course work has four modules in the following manner
- Module I Courses, Duration: 8-9 days; Timeline: July-August 2021
- Module II Courses, Duration: 8-9 days; Timeline: October/November 2021
- Module III Courses, Duration: 14 days; Timeline: January/February 2022
- Module IV Courses, Duration: 16 days; Timeline: April/May 2022
Given the Covid-19 situation, for the current academic year, the classes will be held online throughout the year on weekends. The course structure for the next year (2022-23) will be finalised based on the prevailing situation.
For any enquiries related to Executive Fellow Programme in Management and Governance (EFPMG), you may please feel free to contact as per details given below:
The FPM Office
Indian Institute of Management, Indore,
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road,
Indore — 453556, Madhya Pradesh, India
Phone: (0731) 2439675/2439670