Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) -2020
Dear FPM 2020 Aspirants,
This is to inform you, many of the aspirants have requested to extend the deadline for submitting the online application form citing the technical issues in submitting the form. In view of this, it has been decided to extend the deadline to submit the application form until Sunday, January 26, 2020. No further extensions will be allowed in any circumstances.
For its Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) IIM Indore seeks high-quality candidates with strong academic background, preferably with professional experience, and intellectual curiosity needed for scholarship in management.
AREAS OF STUDY (SPECIALIZATION)
The institute presently offers FPM in the following areas of specialization
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Systems (Information Systems Management, Emerging technologies, and Data Science / Analytics)
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques (Operations Management, Operations Research, Statistics and Mathematics)
- Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management (Strategic Management, International Business and Entrepreneurship)
Out of the aforementioned areas, an applicant can choose any one area of specialization only and submit his/her application along with all attachments as required and mentioned in the on-line Application Form. Candidates are encouraged to check the individual faculty research profiles in their areas of specialization to understand the research interests of the faculty.
Candidates must have:
Master’s degree in any discipline with at least 60 percent aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average.
Postgraduate Diploma (2 years) with at least 60 percent aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average.
Professional qualifications CA, ICWA, CS (with at least 50 percent aggregate marks) along with a B.Com/ Degree (with at least 60 percent aggregate marks).
A five year integrated Master’s degree program in any discipline, with at least 60 percent aggregate marks or equivalent grade point average.
First Class/ equivalent Bachelor’s degree (4 year/8 semesters) with a minimum CGPA of 6.5 out of 10 or equivalent.
- In addition to the above academic eligibility, minimum 60 percent marks in Secondary (Class X) and Senior Secondary (Class XII) is required.
- Five percent Marks relaxation is given to SC, ST and PwD candidates
Candidates who are in the final year of their qualifying programmes that would make them eligible can also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally only if they submit a certificate latest by June 10, 2020, issued by the Principal/ Head of the Department / Registrar or Director of the University / Institute stating that they have appeared for the examinations (including practical examinations) in all the subjects required for obtaining the Master’s / Bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification. Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the marks sheet and the certificate of having passed the Master’s / Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification referred to in the certificate issued by Principal / Registrar of their college / Institute. The deadline for submission of marks sheet and the Certificate is December 31, 2020. The candidates who have applied on the basis of their bachelor’s or master’s degree will have to meet the eligibility criteria as specified earlier. Non-fulfillment of these conditions will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree, awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or the state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
The equivalence of the foreign degree needs to be certified by the Association of Indian Universities. The bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be based on the practice followed by the institution/university from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case of the candidates being awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where they have obtained a bachelor’s degree.
In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result by 100.
The percentage of marks obtained in Class X and Class XII would be the aggregate marks of all subjects that appear in the mark sheet of grade sheet, irrespective of whether the Board considers them for calculation of percentage.
Acceptable Standard Test Scores
Candidates require a standard test score, from any one of the acceptable tests (test taken in the calendar year 2015 onwards only will be considered) for the area(s) of specialization they are applying to, as shown in the following table.
|Area of Specialization||Acceptable Standard Test Score(s)|
|Financial and Accounting||CAT/ GMAT/JRF|
|Information and Systems||CAT/ GMAT / GATE / GRE|
|Marketing Management||CAT/ GRE/GMAT|
|Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques||CAT/ GMAT / GATE / GRE / JRF|
|Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management||CAT/ GMAT/GRE/ JRF|
|Strategic Management||CAT/ GRE/GMAT|
Exemptions from the above tests would be given to candidates who have an MBA or equivalent from any of the IIMs (graduated in 2015 onward).
Intake for Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)
The proposed intake for Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) 2020 is 30 for the academic year 2020.
Reservation norms for Fellow Programme in Management FPM
As per Government of India requirement, 27% of the seats are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates belonging to the “Non-Creamy” layer (NC-OBC), 15% for Scheduled Caste (SC), 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates and 5% for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PWD).
As defined in The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 (RPwD Act 2016), “person with benchmark disability” means a person with not less than forty percent (40%) of a specified disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and includes a person with disability where specified disability has been defined in measurable terms, as certified by the certifying authority. “Specified disability” means the disabilities as specified in the Schedule of the RPwD Act 2016. The categories of disability are:
- blindness and low vision,
- deaf and hard of hearing,
- locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy,
- autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness,
- multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d), and
- other ‘specified disabilities’ mentioned in ‘The Schedule’ of the RPwD Act 2016.
For the purpose of being considered for reservations, the applicable Central Government list as on the last date of registration for the FPM 2020 shall be binding. No subsequent changes will be effective for any subsequent selection process of IIM Indore.
The candidates belonging to categories for which seats are reserved need to note and read carefully the eligibility requirements before applying. It should be noted that while it is the endeavor of IIM Indore that the candidates belonging to NC-OBC/SC/ST/PWD categories join the programme in proportions mandated by the law, they have to meet the eligibility criteria and a certain minimum level of performance in the selection process to be considered for final admission.
Candidates seeking admissions to the Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) of IIM Indore should submit their application online between the period Friday, November 15, 2019, to Monday, January 20, 2020, and pay the online non‐refundable/non-transferable application fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) + GST extra for General and NC-OBC category and Rs. 500/-(Rupees five hundred only) + GST extra for SC, ST, and PWD category.
Candidates belonging to NC‐OBC, SC, ST and PWD categories need to produce a valid certificate(s) in support of their reservation category. No change in the category will be entertained after submitting the application.
Selection Process for FPM 2020
The candidates will be shortlisted (on the recommendation of the respective areas) on the based information provided in the application form. The selection process is as follows:
Stage 1: The candidates satisfying the academic eligibility criteria as mentioned above should submit their application online.
Stage 2: Based on the applications received, candidates satisfying Academic eligibility criteria and acceptable standard test the shortlisting will be done by the respective Areas and candidates will be called for Personal Interview (PI), to be conducted at IIM Indore during March/ April 2020.
Stage 3: IIM Indore also expects a consistent and minimum performance in the different parameters of Personal Interview (PI), which will be decided by Admissions Committee. Candidates not meeting the minimum performance in any of PI parameters will not be considered for the next stage of the selection process i.e. Stage-4.
Stage 4: Final selection will be based on the requirements of the academic area to which the candidate has applied and an area-wise offer list will be prepared by the Areas only.
Only the candidates satisfying the requirements mentioned in earlier stages will be considered for the final selection. Category-wise and Academic Area-wise merit list will be generated based on the performance in the Personal Interviews and the provisional admission offers will be made.
All matters pertaining to admission into the FPM at IIM Indore is governed by the decisions taken by the Admissions Committee.
A candidate can submit the On-line application with all the attachments as required on or before Monday, 20th January 2020 up to 23:55:00 hours
- Please note that the mailing address and email id provided by the candidate shall be considered for all correspondence by the Institute.
- All fields marked with * are mandatory.
- While filling the On-line application form, scanned copy of the documents must be uploaded wherever it has been asked for.
- The applicant must provide the correct and valid email id and mobile number
- Giving false information will affect your candidature negatively if you are admitted to the programme on the basis of false information furnished by you, it will lead to your expulsion from the institute.
- Please note that mere fulfilling of the minimum qualifications will not make a candidate eligible for admissions into FPM 2020
- Your complete application should include
- Personal details
- Educational qualification
- Standard test score details
- Employment history & References
- Academic Achievements
- Statement of Purpose
- Payment of application fee (as applicable)
For any inquiries related to the Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) Admissions, you may please feel free to contact as per details given below:
The Admissions Office
Indian Institute of Management, Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road,
Indore – 453556 (M.P.), India
Phone: 0731- 2439687
Selected candidates shall be required to deposit a commitment fee of Rs.50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand only). This fee has to be paid at the time of acceptance of the offer letter by the selected candidate and is to be made vide an online bank transfer.
An amount of Rs.20,000/- out of Rs. 50,000/- (commitment fee) deposited by FPM students shall be retained till completion of the programme and refund shall be considered in the following manner.
- Refund of Rs.30,000/- after completion of Term-I
- Refund of Rs.20,000/- after submission of No Dues/ Clearance form.
- Currently the FPM students at IIM Indore are provided the fellowship grant/stipend of Rs.27,000/-* (Rupees Twenty Seven Thousand only) per month during their course work (Term-I, II III and IV) and Rs.33,000/-* (Rupees Thirty Three Thousand only) per month after clearing the area comprehensive examination as per norms. The maximum duration for which they can get stipend would be 57 months (4 years and 9 months).
- A contingency grant of Rs.25,000/-(Rupees twenty five thousand only) per annum for 04 years is also provided to FPM students for supporting the research efforts and is subject to the norms of the programme.
- The Institute subsidizes expenses for presenting papers in National Conference subject to a ceiling of Rs. 30,000/- per year with a provision that from second year onwards for attending one / more than one conference per year.
- For International Conferences, the Institute subsidizes expenses subject to a ceiling of Rs. Two lakhs with a provision of attending a maximum of two International Conferences plus International Doctoral Colloquium or International Professional Development Workshop during the entire period of the programme but not beyond five years.
* Subject to revision
WAIVER OF PGP COURSE
Following candidates are eligible to apply for waiver of the PGP course of the Fellow Programme in Management:
- Pursued PGP/MBA from an IIM in last three years provided the candidate has obtained in the first year of the above degree / diploma a minimum grade point
equivalent to 3.00 out of 4.33, with no Fs and not more than two Ds.
- Candidates who have completed similar program of other universities/Business Schools are eligible to apply for exemption of foundation course, provided they satisfy the following conditions:
- The candidate should have completed a full-time, two year MBA degree, two year PG Diploma in Management or one year PGPX, one year PGP-PMP (or equivalent) in Management from any recognized and reputed University / Business School / Institution.
- The candidate should have obtained in the first year of the above degree/diploma a minimum average grade point equivalent to IIMI’s 3.00 out of 4.33, with no Fs and not more than two Ds.
- The candidates should have obtained the qualifying degree or diploma, not more than three years ago with respect to the beginning of the first term of the FPM programme into which she/he is seeking admission. However, exceptions may be made to this by the FPM Executive committee on a case by case basis.
- The granting of the waiver is not automatic. After receipt of offer letter, the selected candidate if requires a waiver needs to make an application to the Chair, FPM at the time of submission of his/her acceptance letter for provisional admission into the FPM, beyond which no request shall be accepted.
The final decision related to the waiver is made by the FPM Executive Council (FPM EC) on a case by case by taking into account all relevant factors, including:
- The quality and content of the program (MBA/PGDM) undergone by the candidate.
- The performance of the candidate in the programme.
- The FPM EC, on applying its criteria, can grant full, partial, or no waiver to the candidate.
- The decision of the FPM EC shall be final and binding
All the participants must register for courses on the registration day of each term.
If a waiver is granted the candidates could join a week before the start of the third term (first week of January 2021). The maximum duration for which they can get stipend would still be 57 months.