Launched by IIM Indore in 2011, the five-year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) is the first of its kind in India. The programme has been accredited by the Association of MBAs, London (4th and 5th Year). It is a unique and creative programme meant for young students with managerial and leadership aspirations. Through the IPM, IIM Indore seeks to attract young students, and mould them as outstanding leaders through a world-class education.
IPM is aimed at students who have passed out of class XII/Higher Secondary or equivalent from schools across India.
To produce contextually relevant, socially-conscious managers and leaders with a foundation of world class education in social sciences followed by management education.
Given the nature of the programme learning goals of IPM are split into those for the first 3 years and the last two years.
Learning goals for the first three years of the programme:
The IPM will enable students to:
1. Demonstrate language skills
2. Demonstrate oral communication skills
3. Demonstrate knowledge of foundational subjects for management studies
4. Demonstrate an awareness of ethical understanding
5. Enhance physical well-being
Learning goals of the last two years
Last two years of the programme are at Post-graduate level and the IPM students are mixed with the PGP programme students and they go through the same set of courses as the PGP programme. Hence the learning goals for these two years are the same as that of the PGP Programme. These goals are:
1. Enable students to understand relevance of context in business
2. Develop social consciousness
3. Develop critical thinking skills
4. Inculcate integrative thinking ability
5. Promote interpersonal awareness and ability to work in groups
6. Enable students to learn how to apply the basic principles of communication in order to write effective business messages, case analysis and reports.
7. Develop competence in quantitative analysis
8. Prepare business leaders with a sound understanding of ethics
The Programme consists of 15 terms spread over a period of 5 years, with each year having 3 terms of 3 months. IPM is in two parts. The first three years build a foundation, and the last two years focus on management.
The foundation has three major elements:
- Courses in Mathematics, Statistics and Economics build analytical rigour.
- Courses in Psychology, Sociology and Political Science along with courses in Economics provide an understanding of the core disciplines on which the study of management is based.
- Courses in Humanities, Literature and Fine Arts provide breadth and perspective.
A combination of analytical rigour and wide exposure equips IPM students for leadership roles and positions of responsibility in different sectors.
After 3 years of intensive study of foundational disciplines, the IPM students train as managers along with the students of the Institute’s 2-year Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP), undertaking the same course package in management studies in years 4 and 5.
IPM students are required to complete a social internship at the end of year 2, and a business internship between years 4 and 5. This experiential learning inculcates leadership qualities in them and hones their managerial skills further.
The Indian Institutes of Management Act 2017 came into force from January 31, 2018. At the end of the five year Integrated Programme, the participants would be awarded with Bachelor of Arts (Foundations of Management) and Master of Business Administration (under the Dual Degree Programme) by IIM Indore on successful completion of programme requirements.
Courses Offered in First 3 Years
Mathematics, Statistics, Economics
- Foundation Courses in Maths & Statistics
- Game Theory
- Mathematical Modelling
- Micro and Macro-economics
- Indian Economy
- International Trade
Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Foundations of Management
- Introduction to Sociology & Psychology
- Business, Government and Society
- Business History
- Principles of Management
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, German
- Communication & Presentation Skills
- Dance, Music, Drama
Courses Offered at PGP Level
(Same as PGP Curriculum) URL: https://www.iimidr.ac.in/academic-programmes/post-graduate-program-in-management/curriculum/
- Finance & Accounting
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Information Systems
- OB & HR
- Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques
- Rural Immersion Programme
- Himalaya Outbound Programme
- Industry Visit Workshop
- Other Optional Workshops
Social Internship at the end of second year, Student Exchange Programme in the third or fifth year, exit option after successful completion of the third year of the Programme, Sabbatical available for select students up to two years between the year three and four, unique rural engagement programme in the fourth year, and himalaya outbound programme in the fifth year are few differentiating features of IIM Indore’s IPM Programme.
Fees and Accommodation
The course fee for domestic applicants for the first three years of the IPM would be Rs. 5,00,000/- (Rupees Five Lakh) per annum and Rs. 7,50,000/- (Rupees Seven Lakh Fifty Thousand) per annum for International applicants. Course fee for the fourth and fifth years would be as per prevailing Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) fees. The course fee includes lodging, access to lectures, internet facilities and library.
Accommodation would be arranged on sharing basis for the first three years of IPM. Single room accommodation would be made available for the fourth and fifth years of the Programme.
IIM Indore has always been cognizant of an institute’s role in shaping the thought processes of
its students and has, therefore, made social sensitivity a mainstay of its residential programmes.
The IPM students are required to complete a social internship at the end of year 2.
In addition to the Social Internship, IPM students do a business internship along with the PGP students between years 4 & 5.
The students undergo a rigorous selection process:
- An application form aimed at understanding the students’ proficiency in academics, as well as in co-curricular activities is filled up by the aspirant.
- An entrance examination follows, to test the applicant’s aptitude, logical reasoning and proficiency in English and Mathematics.
- Shortlisted candidates appear for Written Ability Test (WA) & Personal Interview (PI). The interview panel comprises well–qualified professors from IIM Indore and other prestigious institutions. The interview judges the students’ level of confidence, communication skills, general awareness, persuasion skills and knowledge.
The Sanctioned intake for IPM 2022 batch (Domestic Applicant) is 150.
IIM Indore has a well-qualified faculty across academic disciplines. IPM students are taught by a mix of resident and eminent visiting faculty, resource persons from renowned colleges/institutes and industry experts.
Apart from academic programmes, the IPM participants are exposed to various extra-curricular activities in order to inculcate in them leadership qualities and managerial skills. The IPM participants have formed several Clubs/Committees through which they complement their academic activities.
For any enquiries related to Admissions, you may please feel free to contact The Admissions Office
Phone: 0731- 2439686/687, Email: email@example.com
For programme related inquiry contact IPM Office at 0731-2439-795/796/797/792/571 / firstname.lastname@example.org