Faculty Positions – Special Recruitment Drive For NC-OBC/SC/ST/EWS/PWD
Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIMI) is an autonomous institution founded by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India in collaboration with Government of Madhya Pradesh in 1996 and It is promoted as Institute of National Importance under the Indian Institutes of Management Act 2017. IIM Indore is looking for dedicated and committed faculty members who believe in institution building and have passion for excellence.
Applications are invited for the positions of Professors, Associate Professors and Assistant Professors in the following areas:
|Economics||Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques|
|Finance and Accounting||Organizational Behavior & HRM|
|Humanities and Social Sciences||Strategic Management|
Candidates should have a demonstrated ability to make relevant intellectual contribution to experienced and potential managers through teaching, training research and published work. Candidates should have a strong academic background and understanding of current developments in the related field. Faculty members are expected to carry out research, design and teach courses, engage in institution development and conduct training program and consultancy.
Minimum Qualification (for all faculty positions):
Ph.D. or equivalent in appropriate branch with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.). Applicants must have a first class/60 percent in their master’s/Appropriate qualifying exams with a very good academic record throughout.
In addition, for:
1) Professor: Minimum 10 years teaching/research/industrial experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IIMs, IISc Bangalore, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign institution/institutions of comparable standards.
2) Associate Professor: Minimum 6 years teaching/research/industrial experience of which at least 3 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent.
3) Assistant Professor: Minimum three years of teaching/research/industrial experience (excluding however the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.). However, for candidates who have obtained their Ph.D. from premier institutes, the work experience of three years can be waived on a case to case basis based on their academic credentials. Based on the credentials, candidates may be offered a one year Visiting Assistant Professor position on contract or a Lecturer position.
Pay & Allowances
|Post||Pay Scale under 7th CPC|
|Professor||Pay Level 14A|
|Associate Professor||Pay Level 13 A2|
|Assistant Professor||Pay Level 12|
The pay carries all other allowances such as DA, HRA/Accommodation, T.A, Medical re-imbursement, telephone allowance and NPS.
Apart from this the faculty is also eligible for LTA, Children Education Allowance, Medical Insurance, incentive for research publications, faculty development allowance for attending national and international conferences, membership of professional bodies etc. as per IIM Indore Rules. Faculty members are permitted to pursue management consulting with income sharing with the Institute as per rules.
IIM Indore has put in place a Research Policy which encourages and rewards top quality research activities. The institute provides liberal funding to attend research conferences in India and abroad. Seed money grants, collaboration grants, young faculty chairs and support to attend research skill development workshops are some of the other forms of support available.
Expectation from selected candidates
Selected candidates are expected to teach across various long-duration degree/diploma granting programmes and engage in high quality research published in leading academic journals. In addition, they are expected to contribute to academic administration as per the norms set by the institute from time to time.
Stages in the recruitment process
- Applications would be processed by respective area Faculty Recruitment Committee (FRC).
- Faculty Development and Evaluation Committee (FDEC) would check whether the applications shortlisted by area FRC are meeting the eligibility criteria as per the Institute norms and MHRD norms mentioned above.
- A public seminar by the candidate on a topic of interest/research work by the shortlisted candidates at the Institute.
- Meeting with FRC members and area members.
- Area faculty members’ evaluation about the candidate’s suitability to FRC.
- Expert comments on the academic contributions of the candidate.
- Based on the C.V. of the candidate, public seminar feedback, evaluation of FRC and other area members, comments by external expert, FRC will decide whether the candidate can be considered for a faculty position or otherwise at IIM Indore.
Note: IIM Indore reserves the right to modify the selection process at any point of time.
- Mere fulfilment of the qualifications & experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for interaction. The Institute reserves the right to consider and to fill or not to fill positions in any of the above/and or any other specialization(s).
- All qualifications must be from UGC recognized University/Deemed University or AICTE approved autonomous institutions (wherever applicable). The courses offered by autonomous institutions should be equivalent to the relevant courses approved/recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Depending on the academic credentials of the candidate, the Institute may consider them for an offer on a contractual basis of one/two years. In all regular appointments, there would be a probation period of two years. Candidates may be considered for lower post if they are otherwise found suitable.
- Compensation and rank will be decided based on academic accomplishments of the candidate.
- Applications with incomplete information or with the information not provided in the required prescribed format would not be processed. Applications only in the prescribed format sent only through email on or before due date will be considered. No other mode of application will be accepted. Email Id to apply: email@example.com
- No correspondence, whatsoever, will be entertained from candidates regarding, conduct and result of interview and reasons for not being called for interview or selection.
- Reservation Policy will apply as per the Government of India Rules.
- The last date for sending application through email is August 16, 2020.
- Candidates are advised to visit the website of IIM Indore (iimidr.ac.in) regularly for updates. Amendments, corrigenda (if any), will be placed on the Institute website only.
- Interested candidates fulfilling the above criteria may send their applications.