Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIMI) is an autonomous institution founded by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India in collaboration with Government of Madhya Pradesh in 1996 and registered under Madhya Pradesh Societies Registration Act, 1973.
IIM Indore seeks to be a contextually-relevant business school with world-class academic standards that develops socially-conscious managers, leaders and entrepreneurs.
IIM Indore offers a wide range of programmes viz., Five-Year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM), Post Graduate Programme (PGP), a one-year full-time Executive Post Graduate Programme (EPGP) and a modular week-end PGP (PGPMX) spread over two years. The PGP and PGPMX programmes are being offered at Mumbai as well.
IIM Indore currently has about 90 full time faculty members on its rolls. This faculty strength coupled with a vibrant Fellow programme makes it an ideal place for academic pursuits. About 70 candidates are pursuing Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) in various areas of management. In addition, IIM Indore has a unique doctoral programme in management FPM (Industry) for working professionals.
IIM Indore is committed to nurture an academic ambience conducive to scholarship. It is constantly in search of academic and management professionals to realize the academic potential of the Institute. Towards this end IIM Indore has put in place a Research Policy which encourages and rewards top quality research activities. The institute provides liberal funding to attend research conferences in India and abroad. Seed money grants, collaboration grants, young faculty chairs and support to attend research skill development workshops are some of the other forms of support available. Please click here for more details.
Faculty recruitment at IIM Indore is based on MHRD norms (MHRD Circulars F.No.23-1/2008-TS.II dated August 18, 2009, September 16, 2009 and September 22, 2009)and policy approved by the Board of Governors (BoG).
Qualified candidates from SC/ST/OBC/PWD categories are encouraged to apply.
IIM INDORE INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR FACULTY POSITIONS (REGULAR) AT ALL LEVELS IN ALL AREAS
Minimum Qualification (for all faculty positions): Ph.D or equivalent in appropriate branch with first class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.). Applicants must have a first class/60 percent in their master’s/appropriate qualifying exams with a very good academic record throughout.
In addition, for:
Professor: Minimum 10 years teaching/research/industrial experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IIMs, IISc Bangalore, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign institution/institutions of comparable standards.
Associate Professor: Minimum 6 years teaching/research/industrial experience of which at least 3 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent.
Assistant Professor: Minimum three years of teaching/research/industrial experience (excluding however the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D). However, for candidates who have obtained their Ph.D. from premier institutes, the work experience of three years can be waived on a case to case basis based on their academic credentials. Based on the credentials, candidates may be offered a one year Visiting Assistant Professor position on contract or a Lecturer position.
- Professor PB-4 (37400-67000) – AGP Rs.10500
- Associate Professor PB-4 (37400-67000) – AGP Rs.9500
- Assistant Professor PB-3 (15600-39100) – AGP Rs.8000
For Faculty entitlements please click here.
Expectation from selected candidates
Selected candidates are expected to teach across various long-duration diploma-granting programmes and engage in high quality research published in leading academic journals. In addition, they are expected to contribute to academic administration as per the norms set by the institute from time to time.
Stages in the recruitment process
- Applications would be processed by respective area Faculty Recruitment Committee (FRC).
- Faculty Development and Evaluation Committee (FDEC) would check whether the applications shortlisted by area FRC are meeting the eligibility criteria as per the Institute norms and MHRD norms mentioned above.
- A public seminar by the candidate on a topic of interest/research work by the shortlisted candidates at the Institute.
- Meeting with FRC members and area members.
- Area faculty members’ evaluation about the candidate’s suitability to FRC.
- Expert comments on the academic contributions of the candidate.
- Based on the C.V. of the candidate, public seminar feedback, evaluation of FRC and other area members, comments by external expert, FRC will decide whether the candidate can be considered for a faculty position or otherwise at IIM Indore.
Note: IIM Indore reserves the right to modify the selection process at any point of time.
- Mere fulfillment of the qualifications & experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview.
- All qualifications must be from UGC recognized University/Deemed University or AICTE approved autonomous institutions (wherever applicable). The courses offered by autonomous institutions should be equivalent to the relevant courses approved/recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- This is an open advertisement and there is no last date for submission of completed application forms. Recruitments will be on a continual basis. However, the first set of applications received before the time line will be taken on priority basis for processing.
- Depending on the academic credentials of the candidate, the Institute may consider them for an offer on a contractual basis of one/two years. In all regular appointments, there would be a probation period of two years.
- Compensation and rank will be decided based on academic accomplishments of the candidate.
- Applications with incomplete information or with the information not provided in the required prescribed format would not be processed.
Interested candidates fulfilling the above criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV by e-mail to Indian Institute of Management Indore, Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road, Indore 453 556, Email: email@example.com