Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIMI) is a leading management Institute founded by the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India, in 1996. IIMI innovations include the only Five-year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) offered by an IIM, offering its flagship PGP programme in Mumbai, a presence in international markets via a centre in Dubai and offering a weekend PGP programme in Mumbai. IIMI recognizes the importance of keeping abreast of management practice and drawing on the wealth of experience available in industry.
Highly experienced and accomplished management professionals may be appointed as professors of practice (PoP) based on specified criteria and institute selection process. Candidates selected for the contractual position are expected to join the Institute on a full-time basis and involve themselves fully in institutional activities.
- A master’s degree (or equivalent professional qualification) with at least 60% marks from a reputed institution with not less than 15 years of managerial or professional experience.
- Candidates should have worked in senior management positions for at least for 5 years.
- Preferred academic qualification is an MBA or equivalent from a premier national or international institution. A doctoral or equivalent degree is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Candidates with non-business degrees such as Master’s in Psychology, Master’s in Social Work, Chartered Accountant, etc. would also be considered.
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen and 65 years or less on the date of application.
Expectation from selected candidates:
PoPs are expected to contribute to the institute in terms of three integral activities, i.e., consulting, teaching, and executive education. It is expected that PoPs will focus considerably to build a resilient connect with the industry, develop new executive education programmes, and to expand the industry academia collaboration. In terms of consulting dimension, the PoPs are expected to bring in new consulting projects funded by various national and international agencies (Government and / or industry sponsored). PoPs are also expected to develop new executive education programmes that are contextually relevant to meet the demands of contemporary business challenges. PoPs will also be expected to teach in different flagship and executive education programmes as per the Institute norms.
Gross emoluments inclusive of HRA will be fixed on consolidated basis. This will be decided after the interview.
Duration and nature of engagement:
This is a contractual appointment for a period of one year, renewable every year based on performance, up to a maximum of 3 years. They may be considered for extension of contract for a further period of three years based on rigorous evaluation of their performance.
General Information / Conditions for all Positions
- All positions will remain open till filled.
- The Institute reserves the right not to fill up any / all position(s) / select any candidate without assigning any reason.
- Mere fulfilling of the minimum qualifications and experience will not confer any right to the candidates for being called for interview or/and for his/her selection.
- The Institute will communicate only with short-listed candidates.
- No correspondence will be entertained during the process.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- To and fro Economy airfare will be paid for attending the interview.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected summarily.
- Since it is an open-ended advertisement, there is no last date for receiving applications.
Interested candidates fulfilling the above criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV by e-mail to Indian Institute of Management Indore, Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road, Indore 453 556, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org