RECRUITMENT NOTIFICATION NO. No.7/2022
Advertisement for Junior Library Professional Assistant
About IIM Indore
Established in 1996, with the objectives of imparting high-quality management education and training by the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Government of India; IIM Indore is recognized as one of the premier management institutions, comparable to the best in the world for teaching, research and interaction with industries and is an Institute of national importance under the Indian Institutes of Management Act 2017.
Spread over 193 acres, IIM Indore stands with pride, with the Triple Crown of three accreditations which is now the second IIM in the nation to receive triple accreditations. IIM Indore has been a leader in the field of management education, interfacing with the industry, government, and PSU.
With a mission to be a contextually relevant business school with world-class academic standards that develops socially conscious managers, leaders and entrepreneurs, IIM Indore is one of the fastest growing institutions in India today. The Institute has bagged a position in Top 100 in FT Rankings 2019 and stands at 7th Rank in the NIRF Rankings 2022.
Applications are invited for the position of Junior Library Professional Assistant. The minimum qualification, experience and other general terms and conditions are given hereunder:
Name of the position: Junior Library Professional Assistant
Number of positions: 01
Key Responsibility Areas of Junior Library Professional Assistant:
- Knowledge of the Management Information Resources and databases.
- Awareness of the use and maintenance of the computerized library database.
- Knowledge of searching and locating books and materials in online mediums.
- To collaborate with faculty and programme departments to search and provide course materials and contents.
- Manage inquiries over the counter and via email or telephone.
- Perform routine library tasks such as re-shelving of library books, technical processing circulation e.t.c.
- Learn new skills and take new initiatives.
- Master’s degree in library science /Information Science/ Documentation Science or equivalent professional degree with at least 55% marks.
- At least 6 months of work experience and 6 months of training completed from a reputed institution, preferably from an IIMs.
Salary & Allowances:
Salary will not be a constraint for the deserving candidate. The selected candidate will be offered fixed-term contract for a period of one year and extendable for a maximum period of three years on a consolidated monthly pay package subject to satisfactory performance which will be reviewed on an annual basis. The candidate is required to be working six days a week.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Interested and eligible candidates are requested to send their application in the Prescribed Format along with scanned copies of Qualification Certificates (One PDF file for all qualifications certificates starting from class 10th as Annexure-1), Experience Certificates (One PDF file for all Experience certificates as Annexure-2) and Category/PwD certificate if applicable (One PDF file for Category and PwD certificates as Annexure-3) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with super scribed subject as “Application for the post of Junior Library Professional Assistant” on or before February 10, 2023.
- Applications received after February 10, 2023, will not be entertained.
- Application without Prescribed Format and Annexures as mentioned in point no.1 will not be considered. The application is only to be sent through email on email@example.com. No other mode of application will be accepted.
- Mere fulfilling of the minimum qualification and experience requirements will not confer any right on the candidates for being called for Interview or/and their selection.
- Candidates not found suitable for the position may be considered for a lower position or on a lower pay scale or on an appropriate consolidated salary.
- The Institute reserves the right not to select anyone without assigning any reason.
- The Institute reserves the right to change/apply appropriate shortlisting criteria in case of a large number of applications.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- Incomplete application without proper supporting documents will be summarily rejected.
- The Institute requires the selected candidates to join immediately.
- No TA/DA will be paid for attending the written test or/and Interview or/and selection process.
- The position will remain open until filled.
- The decision of IIM Indore would be final and binding to the candidates.
- In case of any dispute concerning this recruitment the jurisdiction of the competent courts will be within the territorial jurisdiction of the city of Indore only.