Management teachers understand that the development of different skill sets need different pedagogical approaches. Management teachers typically use lectures, case discussions for developing management insights among the participants; however, the emphasis and use of other tools are still not popular. The importance of experiential learning is well known in management teaching however, academicians are reluctant to use these as they are not well versed in using these. Further, they may also lack access to simulation games. The programme aims to help management teachers in developing and widening their expertise and incorporate simulation games as a pedagogical tool. They learn not only how to identify the need for simulation games but also how to use it and how to develop their own simulation games.
This course hopes to be able to:
- Provide an insight into the importance of using simulation games in management teaching.
- Develop skills in using simulation games.
- Develop the expertise to create simulation games for use in class rooms
- An Introduction to Simulation Games
- Where to use simulation games
- Teaching through Simulation Games
- Role of debriefing
- Developing Simulation Games
- Developing the instruction set
- Registering Simulation Games
December 5, 2021 | Online mode
Faculty Development Programmes (FDP) Office
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road
Indore 453556, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Email : email@example.com
Tel. : +91-731-2439752
Fax : +91-731-2439800
This Programme is intended for faculty in diverse areas of management such as Marketing, Organization Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Operations Management, Strategy, Finance etc.
Prof. Sanjeev Tripathi