Certificate Programme in Applied Financial Risk Management (CPAFRM)
Associate for Technical and Student Support:
Times Professional Learning, A Division of Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.
As the finance industry becomes more challenging and competitive, the executives that succeed are the ones who can exhibit their capabilities to contribute to the growth of the organization. An in-depth knowledge in the field of risk management empowers you to boost your skills and knowledge to the world’s leading financial institutions. This course is designed to introduce you to the foundational concepts as well as the most recent risk identifications, management techniques and tools. By applying a more coherent approach, this course focuses on application of risk management practices in various financial markets. This course will help you
- Acquire skills in making investment decisions in the financial market in the short- and long-term perspective.
- Critically analyze, interpret information from financial markets, economic calculations
- Devise risk management measures within the selected strategies and evaluate their effectiveness, given the costs of implementation
- Contextually designed for working executives.
- Programme faculty team includes the best of the domain experts.
- Focus on real business use cases.
|Overview of Risk Management The Philosophy of Risk:
● Understanding the contours of Uncertainty, Risk and Complexity
● Approaches towards Risk Management: Theory and Practice
● Risk management framework for Financial Institutes: The philosophy and contours of Basel Framework and beyond
● Enterprise Risk Management: A holistic risk management framework for the non-financial firms
● Complexity science and the emergence of a new paradigm of risk management
|Quantitative Analysis for Risk Management (Statistics Probability distributions
● Sample and population statistics
● Statistical inference and hypothesis testing
● Measure of dependence (correlations)
● Linear single and multiple regressions
● Time series analysis and forecasting
|An Introduction to R and Python for
● Application of quantitative analysis using R and Python
|Machine Learning using Python
● Application of Machine Learning for Risk Management
|An Overview of Financial Institutions and Markets
● Structure and functions of Financial Institutions
● Financial statement analysis and Bank valuation
● Understanding risk in the financial institutions
● Risk in the equity and bond markets
|Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives
● Futures and hedging strategies
● Options and hedging strategies
● Interest rate futures and hedging strategies
● Options Greek
|Fixed Income Securities
● Valuing a Fixed Income Security: The relationship between the interest rate and the price of a debt asset
● Understanding and predicting the yield curve
● The fixed income portfolio strategies and the interest rate: sources of interest rate risk affecting the fixed income portfolio
● Duration, Convexity and single factor risk management
● Immunization and other passive portfolio management strategies
● Using Market based risk hedging: Interest Rate Futures and Interest Rate Swaps
|Financial Decisions using Simulation
● Introduction to simulation in financial decisions
● Analyzing NPV under uncertainty
● Cash balance analysis and Investment Modelling
● Revenue management using simulation
|Analytics for Financial Risk Management using R
● Short-and Long-run relationship and their assessment
● Assessment of volatility model
● Analysis of Value-at-Risk and Expected Shortfall
● Portfolio Management
|Credit Risk Measurement and Management
● The nature of Credit Risk: the challenges and peculiarity of managing credit risk
● Credit Default Swap
● Asset Backed Securities
● Structural models for credit risk (Merton, KMV)
● LGD Estimations: LGD model and its applications
● Exposure of Default-EADF modelling
|Liquidity Risk Management
● Liquidity risk, principles, and metrics
● Liquidity adjusted Value-at-Risk under normal and stressed market
● Cash flow modelling, liquidity stress testing
Duration & Number of Session Hours
Duration: 11 Months
Number of Hours: Approx. 107
Number of Sessions (75 Minutes each): 86
Online: 74 sessions
On-campus module of 3 days duration: 12 sessions
One or two sessions from some of the courses will become part of the on-campus orientation module. In case the on-campus module is not conducted due to Covid situation, the same will be included in the total number of sessions.
*The programme duration may be slightly extended due to the issues like faculty unavailability and gazetted holidays on the session days.
The pedagogy will be a judicious mix of lectures, case discussions, project work, term papers, and assignments etc.
Performance of participants will be monitored on a continuous evaluation basis through quizzes, assignments, tests and examinations. The participant is required to score minimum marks/grades as decided by the Institute from time to time to complete the course.
Successful Completion Certificate by IIM Indore in a valedictory ceremony to be held on the campus.
- Diploma (10+2+3) or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (10+2+3) or 10+2+4) or 2 years Master’s Degree or equivalent from a recognised university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government) in any discipline with minimum 50% aggregate marks of all the years
- Minimum 2 years of work experience is required post completion of qualifying education
How the Courses will be Delivered:
Courses will be delivered through on-line mode using an appropriate technology Synchronized platform. Lectures will be delivered through broadband based technology involving two-way audio and video communication. Sessions will be held once a week, generally on weekends. Participants can attend sessions directly from their desktop/laptop (Direct-2-device). Participants will be provided reading materials etc. for each course. They may also interact with the concerned faculty through e-mails/ chat mode.
The academic sessions will start from November 2022. Sessions will be held every Sunday.
The normal timing of the sessions will be as follows:
Sunday, First session: 12:00 PM to 01:15 PM
Sunday, Second session: 01:45 PM to 03:00 PM
The time gap between two consecutive sessions is to give the participants a break. On some days, the classes may extend beyond the mentioned time. In addition to attending interactive sessions, participants have to undertake online quizzes, assignments, and examinations.
Programme Activity Timelines
|Application Closure Date||January 2023|
|Academic Orientation/Class Start||January 2023|
|Programme End Date||December 2023|
Total Fees and Payment Schedule*
|Instalment||Amount in INR|
|Registration Fee/Application Fee||10000|
|1st Instalment payable at the time of admission (excluding GST)||55000|
|2nd Instalment – 10th Jan 2023 (excluding GST)||55000|
|3rd Instalment – 10th April 2023 (excluding GST)||55000|
|4th Instalment – 10th June 2023 (excluding GST)||53500|
|Total Fee (exclusive of bank charges of INR 3,500 & GST)||2,25,000|
|Overall Fees (including GST @ 18% and Bank Charges of INR 3,500)||2,69,000|
* In case of participants paying fees via NEFT, RTGS, IMPS, Cheque, DD will get a waiver of 1.5% (maximum up to INR /-3,500) on the overall fees of INR 2,69,000/-.
*Exact Dates will be notified later.
The participants who will complete the programme successfully will be eligible for the Executive Education Alumni status of IIM Indore.
They will require to apply separately along with the necessary fee to register their name. Current alumni membership plans are as follows:
- 2-year membership – INR 1000/- + applicable taxes, Total Rs. 1,180/- as per the present rate of GST @ 18%
- Lifetime membership – INR 10,000/- + applicable taxes, Total Rs. 1,180/- as per the present rate of GST @ 18%
Benefits available to Executive Education Alumni:
1) Communication of brochures and newsletters from IIM Indore,
2) Access to the IIM Indore Campus Library (onsite access only),
3) Official email ID of the institute. The email id and its usage will be governed by the IT Policy of the Institute.
4) ID Card
For more details: https://www.iimidr.ac.in/executive-programmes/executive-alumni/
Please note that mere successful completion of the programme, submission of application and fee does not entitle a participant to be eligible for executive education alumni status. IIM Indore reserves the right to confer executive education alumni status.
For more details contact: email@example.com
You may also contact Academic Counsellor of our technical partner Times Professional Learning, A Division of Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. for this programme on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that IIM Indore reserves the right to change the programme design, format, number of sessions, certificate format, terms in the programme or can incorporate any such change deemed necessary by the institute without prior intimation.