Chief Digital Transformation Officer Programme (Batch 01)
Associate for Technical and Student Support: VC NOW
In an era defined by rapid technological evolution, the need for skilled and strategic CDTOs has never been more critical. This programme addresses this imperative need by equipping participants with the specialized knowledge, capabilities, and strategic insights necessary to lead successful digital transformations within their organizations. The programme is a high-impact initiative tailored to meet the urgent demand for visionary leaders in the digital age.
Module 1 – Role of the CTO, CDO & CDTO
- Mindset of a CTO & CDO
- Who is a CTO & CDO • CTO vs CIO vs CDO
- CDTO vis-à-vis CEO and CFO
- Difference between Digital Upgrade and Digital Transformation
- Need to Focus on Both Digital and Transformation
- Crafting a Compelling Digital Vision and Aligning the Top Team
Module 2 – Digital World, Age & Innovation
- Digital World – Disruption and Opportunity
- Digital Age – Key Effective Strategy & Support Functions
- Digital Age – From Threat to Opportunity
- Digital Innovation – Visioning & Leveraging Opportunities in Digital
Module 3 – Digital Transformation Value
- Adoption issues in Organization
- Value Chain Digitalization
- Achieving Product-Market Fit with a Compelling Value Proposition
- Value Capture & Value Creation
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Industry Value Chain
- Valuation Approaches that Reflect the Risks and Complexities of Strategic Digital Solutions
Module 4 – Digital Transformation Strategy
- How to Execute Your Digital Strategy?
- Strategic Agility & Data Culture
- Implementation Frameworks & Strategies
- Designing Information Capabilities for Competitive Advantage
- Understanding Dynamics, Limitations, Challenges and Opportunities of Business Models
- Key components of Digital
Module 5 – Enterprise Technology & Architecture
- Developing the Enterprise Technology Strategy
- Business Imperatives for Technology Strategy
- Enterprise Tech Ecosystem
- Developing the Technology Architecture
- Two Speed Architecture for Optimisation
Module 6 – Digital Transformation Models
- Technology-Enabled Business Models: Platform Model
- Technology-Enabled Business Models: Merchant Models and Sharing Economy
Module 7 – Sustaining and Strengthening the Digital Transformation
- Measuring, Monitoring, and Iterating to Strengthen Digitalisation
- Aligning Incentives and Rewards to Reinforce Digital Behaviours
- Developing Digital Mindsets
- Circular Economy
- Change Management
Module 8 – Leading Myself, Teams & Organization in digital transformation
- Leadership in Times of Disruption
- Leadership Strategy & 5 Levels of Leadership
- Challenges of Digitalisation and the Need for Innovative Leadership
- Roles of Senior Leadership for Enabling Innovation
- Social Networks and Enterprise 2.0
- Creating Diverse Teams
- Leadership Vs Management
- Communicate for Action & Impact
Module 9 – Building Data Ecosystem for Digital Transformation
- Advanced Data Analytics and Big Data
- Social Computing & Cloud Computing
- Leveraging Big Data, IoT and Cloud Computing for Business Transformation and Competitive Advantage
Module 10 – AI: Strategies for Business Transformation: AI Technologies, Business Models for AI-Led Businesses
- AI: An Overview & Technologies
- Detailed Use Cases of AI Technologies
- AI and Managerial Trade-offs
- Setting up Stage for AI-led Business Transformation
- Addressing Implementation Challenges
- Business Models for AI-led Businesses I
- Leadership in the Age of AI
- Ethics, Privacy, Regulations in AI
Please Note: Modules/ topics are indicative only, and the suggested time and sequence may be dropped/ modified/adapted to fit the participant profile & programme hours.
Duration & Number of Session Hours
Duration: 12 Months
Number of Hours: 125 hours
Number of Sessions (75 Minutes each): 100 sessions
Online: sessions: 88 sessions
On Campus: 12 Sessions
On-campus orientation module of Three days duration:
3 residential days at the IIM Indore’s Indore Campus
One or two sessions from some of the courses will become part of the on-campus orientation module. In case the on-campus module is not conducted due to Covid situation, the same will be included in the total number of sessions.
*The programme duration may be slightly extended due to unavoidable situations.
- Pre-reads, preparation for Class Participation – Concepts explained, Application and Learning through Case and discussion Led methods. Learn by doing through Individual Assignments and or Group Projects.
- The Program will culminate with a Capstone Project which will integrate all the learnings through application in a real life case scenario.
Performance of participants will be monitored on a continuous evaluation basis through quizzes, assignments, tests and examinations. The participant is required to score minimum marks/grades as decided by the Institute from time to time to complete the course.
Successful Completion Certificate by IIM Indore in a valedictory ceremony to be held on the campus.
* Sample certificate is indicative. The Institute reserves the right to revise it.
**The Completion certificate will only be awarded to participants who complete the programme evaluation and attendance criteria.
Diploma (10+2+3)/ Graduate / Post Graduate from Universities recognized by Association of Indian Universities with minimum 50% marks in either Diploma or graduation or post-graduation (or its equivalent) with at least EIGHT years of work experience.
*Internships and Trainee experiences are not considered as Full-time work experience
How the Courses will be delivered:
- Courses will be delivered through on-line mode using an appropriate technology & synchronized platform. Lectures will be delivered through broadband based technology involving two-way audio and video communication.
- Sessions will be held once a week, generally at weekends.
- Participants can attend sessions directly from their desktop/laptop (Direct-2-device).
- Participants will be provided with reading materials etc. for each course. They may also interact with the concerned faculty through e-mails/ chat mode.
The academic sessions will start from February 2024. Sessions will be held on Sundays. The timing of the sessions:
Sunday, First session : 2:30 pm to 3:45 pm (IST)
Sunday, Second session : 4:00 pm to 5:15 pm (IST)
The time gap between two consecutive sessions is to give the participants a break. On some days, the classes may extend beyond the mentioned time. In addition to attending interactive sessions, participants must undertake online quizzes, assignments, and examinations.
Programme Activity Timelines
|Application Closure||February 2024|
|Estimated date for Academic Orientation||February 2024|
|Tentative Programme End Date||February 2025|
Total Fees and Payment Schedule*
|Application Fees paid at time of applying (non-refundable)||3000|
(within 7 days from the date of offer sent)
|Programme Fee (1st instalment) payable at the time of admission (excluding GST)||80,000|
|Program Fee (2nd Instalment) payable within
three months of admission (excluding GST)
|Programme Fee (3rd Instalment) payable within six months of admission (excluding GST)||80,000|
|Programme Fee (4th Instalment) payable within nine months of admission (excluding GST)||74,500|
|Total (exclusive of GST)||3,27,500/-|
|Overall Fees (including GST @ 18%)||3,86,450/-|
Executive Education Alumni Status
The participants who will complete the programme successfully will be eligible for the Executive Education Alumni status of IIM Indore. They will require to apply separately along with the necessary fee to register their name. Current alumni membership plans are as follows:
- 2-year membership – INR 1000/- + applicable taxes,
- Lifetime membership – INR 10,000/- + applicable taxes,
Benefits available to Executive Education Alumni: 1) Communication of brochures and newsletters from IIM Indore, 2) Access to the IIM Indore Campus Library (onsite access only), 3) Official email ID of the institute, 4) ID Card.
Mere successful completion of the programme, application submission, and fee does not entitle a participant to be eligible for executive education alumni status. IIM Indore reserves the right to confer or withhold executive education alumni status.
IIM Indore reserves the right to modify the above conditions at its discretion at any time without notice.
Only the courts at Indore, India will have the territorial jurisdiction to try any disputes arising in respect of the Executive Alumni membership being granted.
Apply now link – https://vcrvcnow.in/CDTOP-01/student-reg/registration_lms.php
Webpage/brochure link – https://iimindore.vcnow.in/chief-digital-transformation-office-programme/
Speak to Academic Advisors: 8506085418
Please note that IIM Indore reserves the right to change the programme design, format, number of sessions, certificate format, terms in the programme or can incorporate any such change deemed necessary by the institute without prior intimation.