Corporate and Public Leadership in a VUCA World
Associate for Technical and Student Support: Jaro Education
Today’s VUCA world (vulnerability, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity) is rife with ‘wicked ‘problems that necessitate finding solutions by networks of public, private and non-profit organizations. Such a world demands that leaders develop the capabilities to mobilize individuals, organizations, and networks including those beyond national boundaries to formulate and enact specific prescriptions. Increasingly management professionals are being seen as influencers and ‘public leaders’ shaping and influencing debates in the public sphere. The focus has shifted to how leaders representing corporate and non-profit organizations contribute to the broader public interest for the larger social welfare. The programme aims to examine contentious issues managers in the corporate and the non-profit sectors confront while performing their roles as ‘public leaders.’ Unlike the other executive education programmes on leadership which deal with the topic from an organizational behavior and human resources (OBHR) perspective, we would like to highlight the various aspects of public leadership from a wide array of social science disciplines ranging from psychology, political sociology, public policy, and international relations. The programme will examine the individual (emotional), organizational/national (policy level, especially public policy), and global issues (international perspectives) influencing outcomes in ‘public leadership.’ Further, it seeks to discuss their implications in managerial decision-making. Our endeavor is to pay special attention to issues like changing dynamics between business, government and society relations, negotiation strategy as part of stakeholder management, and examine risk from the lens of geopolitical developments.
- To understand the dynamics of business, government, and society relationships to affect successful outcomes in ‘public leadership’
- To develop a holistic approach to decision-making enabling effective stakeholder management
- To enhancing effective communication skills to initiate, develop and execute successful policies
- To introduce fresh insights into leadership skills through concepts borrowed from social sciences and experiential learning sessions
- To gain skills for planning and executing strategic directions for professional and organizational growth
- To develop plan of action for improving public leadership skills
- After attending the course, managers will be able to anticipate political areas of risk by studying the evolution of the political risk in the past two and a half decades and the immediate future
- Familiarise managers with the concept of political risk management and enable them to engage in competent political risk management by providing tools, frameworks and equipping themselves with optimal scenario planning
- By the end of the program, managers will be able to assess political risk in a specific global context by understanding various models of political risks and appreciate the need to anticipate blind spots and make effective responses to recover from political risk crises
- Introduction: Leadership in a VUCA World:
- Managing and Leading to Success
- Assessing your Organization
- Implementing Digital Transformation
- Developing Strategic and Competitive Advantage
- Legal and Regulatory Environment
Duration & Number of Session Hours
Duration: 08 months
Number of Hours: Approx. 75
Number of Sessions (75 Minutes each): 60 sessions
Online: 48 sessions
On-campus module of 3 days duration: 12 sessions
One or two sessions from some of the courses will become part of the on-campus orientation module. In case the on-campus module is not conducted due to Covid situation, the same will be included in the total number of sessions.
*The programme duration may be slightly extended due to the issues like faculty unavailability and gazetted holidays on the session days.
The pedagogy will be a judicious mix of lectures, case discussions, project work, term papers, and assignments etc.
Performance of participants will be monitored on a continuous evaluation basis through quizzes, assignments, tests and examinations. The participant is required to score minimum marks/grades as decided by the Institute from time to time to complete the course.
Successful Completion Certificate by IIM Indore in a valedictory ceremony to be held on the campus.
- Applicants should be working professionals/entrepreneurs
- Diploma (10+2+3)/Graduates (10+2+3 or equivalent) / post graduates in any discipline recognized by UGC/AICTE with minimum 50% aggregate marks at either UG/PG level.
- Minimum 03 years of work experience post completion of qualifying education
How the Courses will be Delivered:
Courses will be delivered through on-line mode using an appropriate technology Synchronized platform. Lectures will be delivered through broadband based technology involving two-way audio and video communication. Sessions will be held once in a week, generally on weekends. Participants can attend sessions directly from their desktop/laptop (Direct-2-device). Participants will be provided reading materials etc. for each course. They may also interact with the concerned faculty through e-mails/ chat mode.
The academic sessions will start from March 04, 2023. Sessions will be held every Saturday.
The timing of the sessions: Sunday, 75 minutes each session
First Session: 10:30 AM to 11:45 AM
Second Session: 12:00 PM to 01:15 PM
The time gap between two consecutive sessions is to give the participants a break. On some days, the classes may extend beyond the mentioned time. In addition to attending interactive sessions, participants have to undertake online quizzes, assignments, and examinations.
Programme Activity Timelines
|Application Closure||February 2023|
|Date for Academic Orientation||March 04, 2023|
|Tentative Programme End Date||October 2023|
Total Fees and Payment Schedule*
|Instalment||Fee Breakup in INR|
|Registration Fee/Application Fee||2500|
|1st Instalment payable at the time of admission (excluding GST)||80,000|
|Programme Fee (2nd Instalment on the 5th May ) – (excluding GST)||60,000|
|Total Fee (Excluding GST @ 18%)||1,42,500/-|
|Overall Fees (including GST @ 18% )||1,68,150/-|
*Exact Dates will be notified later.
The participants who will complete the programme successfully will be eligible for the Executive Education Alumni status of IIM Indore. They will require to apply separately along with the necessary fee to register their name. Current alumni membership plans are as follows:
- 2-year membership – INR 1000/- + applicable taxes,
- Lifetime membership – INR 10,000/- + applicable taxes,
Benefits available to Executive Education Alumni: 1) Communication of brochures and newsletters from IIM Indore, 2) Access to the IIM Indore Campus Library (onsite access only), 3) Official email ID of the institute, 4) ID Card.
*Mere successful completion of the programme, application submission, and fee does not entitle a participant to be eligible for executive education alumni status. IIM Indore reserves the right to confer executive education alumni status.
*IIM Indore reserves the right to modify the above conditions at its discretion at any time without notice. Only the courts at Indore will have the territorial jurisdiction to try any disputes arising in respect of the Executive Alumni membership being granted.
For more details: https://www.iimidr.ac.in/executive-programmes/executive-alumni/
Please note that all the dates are subject to change due to pandemic situation.
For more details contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also contact Academic Counsellor of our technical partner Jaro Institute of Technology Management & Research Ltd, on email@example.com or contact Mr. Anand- 9043001261.
Programme Page https://www.jaroeducation.com/corporate-and-public-leadership-in-a-vuca-world-iim-indore/
Please note that IIM Indore reserves the right to change the programme design, format, number of sessions, certificate format, terms in the programme or can incorporate any such change deemed necessary by the institute without prior intimation.19