Executive Programme in Cyber Security for Organizations [EPCSO]
Associate for Technical and Student Support: Jaro Education
The Executive Programme in Cyber Security for Organizations is a comprehensive training program designed to equip non-technical professionals, engineers, IT project managers, and early-career IT professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to understand and mitigate cyber threats facing organisations today. The multi-disciplinary program targets managers and other professionals who want to understand the cybersecurity landscape and advance their careers in this field.
This program is designed to provide participants with a holistic understanding of cybersecurity, including the latest technologies, best practices, and emerging threats. The curriculum is structured to cover the following key areas:
- Introduction to Cyber Security: Participants will be introduced to the basics of cyber security and the various types of threats that organisations face today.
- Risk Management: Participants will learn about different risk management methodologies and how to apply them to identify and mitigate cyber threats.
- Cybersecurity Technologies: Participants will gain a deep understanding of the technologies used to secure networks and systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and encryption.
- Incident Response and Forensics: Participants will learn how to respond to and investigate cyber incidents, including collecting and analysing digital evidence.
- Compliance and Regulations: Participants will be introduced to the various laws and regulations that govern cyber security and how to comply with them.
- Communication and Leadership: Participants will learn how to communicate effectively with stakeholders, including senior management and other key decision-makers, and how to lead a cyber security team.
The program is also suitable for both career switchers and early-career IT professionals looking to gain the ability to think critically about the threat landscape, including vulnerabilities in cyber security, for career advancement.
- Introduction to Cybersecurity: Issues and Challenges
- Introduction to Defensive and offensive Cybersecurity Landscape
- Security in the inter-connected world: Cloud, Mobile, IoT
- Incident Response and Digital Forensics
- Ethical Hacking
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) Concepts, IAM
- Layers and Technology
- Data Privacy, and Data Protection
- Overview of Cyber Crime
- Information Risk Management
- Information Security: Strategy and Policy
- Information Security Governance
- Designing Cyber Security Framework for an Organization
- Cyber Security Audit in Organizations
- Overview of Prevailing Cyber Law
- Capstone Project: Student Boardroom Role Play to prepare Cyber security roadmap for an organization
- Participants will comprehensively understand the cyber security landscape, including the latest technologies, best practices, and emerging threats.
- Participants will be able to apply risk management methodologies to identify and mitigate cyber threats facing organisations.
- Participants will be able to understand and use technologies used to secure networks and systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and encryption.
- Participants will be able to respond to and investigate cyber incidents, including how to collect and analyse digital evidence.
- Participants will be able to understand and comply with laws and regulations that govern cyber security.
- Participants will develop the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and lead a cyber-security team.
- To provide participants with a holistic understanding of the cyber security field and equip them with the knowledge and skills necessary to understand and mitigate cyber threats facing organisations.
- To enable participants to apply the concepts learned during the program to real-world scenarios and hands-on exercises.
- To provide participants with the opportunity to network with industry experts and professionals working in the field.
- To prepare participants for career advancement in the cyber security field, whether as early-career IT professionals or career switchers.
- To provide participants with a multi-disciplinary approach to cyber security and help them to think critically about the threat landscape and vulnerabilities in the cyber security field.
Duration & Number of Session Hours
Duration: 10 Months
Number of Hours: 100
Number of Sessions (75 Minutes each): 80
Online Sessions: 68
On-campus module of 3 days duration: around 12 sessions
One or two sessions from some courses will become part of the on-campus orientation module. In case the on-campus module is not conducted due to Covid situation, the same will be included in the total number of sessions.
*The programme duration may be slightly extended due to the issues like faculty unavailability and gazetted holidays on the session days.
The pedagogy will be a judicious mix of lectures, case discussions, project work, term papers, and assignments etc.
Performance of participants will be monitored on a continuous evaluation basis through quizzes, assignments, tests and examinations. The participant is required to score minimum marks/grades as decided by the Institute from time to time to complete the course.
Successful Completion Certificate by IIM Indore in a valedictory ceremony to be held on the campus.
- Diploma (10+2+3)/ Graduate / Post Graduate from Universities recognised by the Association of Indian Universities with minimum 50% marks in either Diploma or graduation or post-graduation (or its equivalent) with at least two years of work experience.
*Internships and Trainee experiences are not considered Full-time work experience
How the Courses will be Delivered:
Courses will be delivered through on-line mode using an appropriate technology Synchronized platform. Lectures will be delivered through broadband based technology involving two-way audio and video communication. Sessions will be held once in a week, generally on weekends. Participants can attend sessions directly from their desktop/laptop (Direct-2-device). Participants will be provided reading materials etc. for each course. They may also interact with the concerned faculty through e-mails/ chat mode.
The academic sessions will start from August 2023 Sessions will be held on every Sunday
The normal timing of the sessions will be as follows:
1st Session: 2.30pm to 3.45pm
2nd Session: 4.00pm to 5.15pm
The time gap between two consecutive sessions is to give the participants a break. On some days, the classes may extend beyond the mentioned time. In addition to attending interactive sessions, participants have to undertake online quizzes, assignments, and examinations.
Programme Activity Timelines
|Application Closure||July 2023|
|Estimated date for Academic Orientation||August 2023|
|Programme End Date||June 2024|
Total Fees and Payment Schedule*
|Instalment||Fee Breakup in INR|
|Registration Fee/Application Fee||2500|
|1st Instalment payable at the time of admission (excluding GST)||90000|
|Programme Fee (2nd Instalment) – (excluding GST)||70000|
|Programme Fee (3rd Instalment) – (excluding GST)||67,500|
|Total Fee (Excluding GST @ 18%)||2,30,000/-|
|Overall Fees (including GST @ 18% )||2,71,400/-|
*Exact Dates will be notified later.
The participants who will complete the programme successfully will be eligible for the Executive Education Alumni status of IIM Indore. They will require to apply separately along with the necessary fee to register their name. Current alumni membership plans are as follows:
- 2-year membership – INR 1000/- + applicable taxes,
- Lifetime membership – INR 10,000/- + applicable taxes,
Benefits available to Executive Education Alumni: 1) Communication of brochures and newsletters from IIM Indore, 2) Access to the IIM Indore Campus Library (onsite access only), 3) Official email ID of the institute, 4) ID Card.
*Mere successful completion of the programme, application submission, and fee does not entitle a participant to be eligible for executive education alumni status. IIM Indore reserves the right to confer executive education alumni status.
*IIM Indore reserves the right to modify the above conditions at its discretion at any time without notice. Only the courts at Indore will have the territorial jurisdiction to try any disputes arising in respect of the Executive Alumni membership being granted.
For more details: https://www.iimidr.ac.in/executive-programmes/executive-alumni/
Please note that all the dates are subject to change due to pandemic situation.
For more details contact: email@example.com
You may also contact Academic Counsellor of our technical partner Jaro Institute of Technology Management & Research Ltd, on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact on 8433740178.
Programme Page https://www.jaroeducation.com/executive-programme-in-cyber-security-for-organizations-epcso/
Please note that IIM Indore reserves the right to change the programme design, format, number of sessions, certificate format, terms in the programme or can incorporate any such change deemed necessary by the institute without prior intimation.