Executive Programme in Operations and Supply Chain Management (EPO&SCM) Batch 04
Associate for Technical and Student Support
Times Professional Learning, A Division of Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd.
Today, supply chains exist for every product and service that we consume, directly or indirectly. Operations and supply chain management form an important area for any businesses to understand in order to deliver their products and services as effectively and efficiently as possible. Operations and supply chain management can make or break a business, finding the efficiency to improve margins and the competitive advantage to generate profits. The programme provides a mix of theoretical and practical exposure to the operations and supply management in today’s global and highly competitive markets. The programme will focus on contemporary topics in Operations and Supply Chain Management. It will develop necessary knowledge & understanding of the processes and techniques used in managing operations and supply chain activities, so that participants can challenge, innovate and solve problems.
- Develop an understanding of the important role of Operations & supply chain management in today’s business environment
- Understand the current Operations & supply chain theories, practices and concepts and applications
- Understanding of the contemporary tools and techniques to improve the performance of Operations & supply chains
- Familiarize with emerging trends in the area of Operations & Supply Chain
- Contextually designed for working executives.
- Programme faculty team includes the best of the domain experts.
- Focus on real business use cases.
– introduction to operations and supply chain management
– Key Concepts:Cycle time, throughput and work-in-process
Quantitative Techniques for OM/SCM
– Introduction to statistics
– Mathematical programming
– Queuing theory and simulation
– Role of OS in Business strategy hierarchy
– Strategic contribution of operations management to an organization’s overall goals
– Process structure in Services & Manufacturing
– Process analysis
– Evaluating process performance
– Process improvement and reengineering
– Total Quality Management: key elements
– Six Sigma
– Statistical Process Control
– Process Capability
– Theory of constraints
Planning & Scheduling
– Resource Planning
– Material Requirement Planning
– Types of Inventories
– Economic Order Quantity
– Inventory control systems
– Designing Lean System
– Toyota Production System
– Process Considerations in Lean Systems
Designing Supply Chain
– Supply Chains for Services and Manufacturing
– Measures of Supply Chain Performance across Inventory and Financial Measures
– Vertical Integration
– Bullwhip Effects
– Forecasting models
– Understanding demand variability
– Monitoring and controlling forecasts
Supplier Relationship Management
– Strategic Sourcing
– Supplier Relationships and Partnerships
– Supply chain contracts
– Procurement Analytics
– Factors Affecting Location Decisions
– Network Design
– Warehousing and logistics management
Analytics in Operations & Supply Chain
– Optimisation for Prescriptive Analytics
– Applied Modelling in Operations and Supply Chains
Emerging Trends in Operations & Supply Chain
– Triple Bottom line approach to sustainability
– Socially responsible operations and supply chain
– Industry 4.0
Note: Medium of instruction: English, Modules/ topics are indicative only, and the suggested time and sequence may be dropped/ modified/adapted to fit the participant profile & programme hours.
Duration & Number of Session Hours
Duration: 12 Months
Number of Hours: Approx. 150
Number of Sessions (75 Minutes each): 120
Online: 108 sessions
On-campus module of 3 days duration: around 12 sessions
One or two sessions from some of the courses will become part of the on-campus orientation module. In case the on-campus module is not confirmed due to Covid situation, the same will be included in the total number of sessions.
*The programme duration may be slightly extended due to the issues like faculty unavailability and gazetted holidays on the session days
The pedagogy will be a judicious mix of lectures, case discussions, project work, term papers, and assignments etc.
The performance of participants will be monitored on a continuous evaluation basis through quizzes, assignments, tests, and examinations. The participant is required to score minimum marks/grades as decided by the Institute from time to time to complete the course.
Successful Completion Certificate by IIM Indore in a valedictory ceremony to be held on the campus.
* Sample certificate is indicative. The Institute reserves the right to revise it.
**The Completion certificate will only be awarded to participants who complete the programme evolution and
- Diploma (10+2+3)/Graduate/Post Graduate from Universities recognised by Association of Indian Universities
- At least 50% marks in either Diploma or graduation or post-graduation (or its equivalent)
- Minimum two years of work experience after graduation
How the Courses will be delivered:
Courses will be delivered through on-line mode using an appropriate technology Synchronized platform. Lectures will be delivered through broadband based technology involving two-way audio and video communication. Sessions will be held once in a week, generally on weekends. Participants can attend sessions directly from their desktop/laptop (Direct-2-device). Participants will be provided reading materials etc. for each course. They may also interact with the concerned faculty through e-mails/ chat mode.
The academic sessions will start from January 2024 Sessions will be held on every Sunday
The normal timing of the sessions will be as follows:
First session : 05:30 PM to 06:45 PM
Second session : 07:00 PM to 08:15 PM
Third session : 08:30 PM to 09:45 PM (IST)on a weekday
*Third session will be scheduled on any of the weekdays for timely completion of the programme. The day of the week will be mutually decided between the faculty and participants.
The time gap between two consecutive sessions is to give the participants a break. On some days, the classes may extend beyond the mentioned time. In addition to attending interactive sessions, participants have to undertake online quizzes, assignments, and examinations.
Programme Activity Timelines
|Application Closure||December 2023|
|Estimated date for Academic Orientation||January 2024|
|Tentative Programme End Date||January 2025|
Total Fees and Payment Schedule*
|Instalment||Amount in INR|
|Registration Fee/Application Fee||10,000|
|1st Instalment payable at the time of admission (excluding GST)||74,000|
|2nd Instalment – 10th March 2024 (excluding GST)||74,000|
|3rd Instalment – 10th May 2024 (excluding GST)||74,000|
|4th Instalment – 10th July 2024 (excluding GST)||73,300|
|Total Fee (exclusive of bank charges of INR 5,300 & GST)||3,00,000|
|Overall Fees (including GST @ 18% and Bank Charges of INR 7,100)||3,59,300|
* In case of participants paying fees via NEFT, RTGS, IMPS, Cheque, DD will get a waiver of 1.5% (upto INR 5,300 /-) on the Overall fees of INR 3,59,300/-.
* In case a participant profile is rejected by the Institute, INR 7,500/- (Bank Charges of INR 5,300/- only for applicable cases) is refunded to the participant and INR 2,500/- of the application fee is non-refundable.
*Exact Dates will be notified later.
The participants who will complete the programme successfully will be eligible for the Executive Education Alumni status of IIM Indore. They will require to apply separately along with the necessary fee to register their name. Current alumni membership plans are as follows:
- 2-year membership – INR 1000/- + applicable taxes,
- Lifetime membership – INR 10,000/- + applicable taxes,
Benefits available to Executive Education Alumni: 1) Communication of brochures and newsletters from IIM Indore, 2) Access to the IIM Indore Campus Library (onsite access only), 3) Official email ID of the institute.
Mere successful completion of the programme, application submission, and fee does not entitle a participant to be eligible for executive education alumni status. IIM Indore reserves the right to confer or withhold executive education alumni status.
IIM Indore reserves the right to modify the above conditions at its discretion at any time without notice.
Only the courts at Indore, India will have the territorial jurisdiction to try any disputes arising in respect of the Executive Alumni membership being granted.
Apply Now Link – https://timestsw.secure.force.com/applyProgram/?programId=a065j00000EJBBuAAP
For more details contact: email@example.com
Tel.: 0731-2439739 / 0731-2439676
You may also contact Academic Counsellor of our technical partner Times Professional Learning, A Division of Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. for this programme on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Speak to Academic Advisors: 7428290704.
Please note that IIM Indore reserves the right to change the programme design, format, number of sessions, certificate format, terms in the programme or can incorporate any such change deemed necessary by the institute without prior intimation.