- EBSCO A-to-Z is a powerful locator tool that helps IIM Indore user to discover all of the electronic resources offered by the learning centre
- ACE Equity, a desktop based application which gives a comprehensive and analytical statistics for Indian company information. Data includes financial and non financial information of companies and Sector. It covers Company, sector and business groups as verticals. Extensive data coverage displays financial data display as published by Companies Annual Reports.. Please contact the learning centre to install the offline database. Historical coverage: Last 15 to 20 years.
- ACE Mutual Funds Database is mainly used by distributors and for research. The database has the feasibility to generate reports, which is useful for both. It covers all schemes of AMCs and they are properly classified as well as categorized. Basic Details and essential information of all schemes are properly culled from the offer documents and is properly altered whenever there is a change made by the Fund house. All portfolio details whether Company, Asset, Industry, Rating and Maturity Profile, coverage of NAV and dividend details.
- The ACM Digital Library (DL) is the world’s most comprehensive database of full-text articles and bibliographic literature covering computing and information technology. This renowned repository includes the complete collection of ACM publications plus an extended bibliographic database of core works in computing from scholarly publishers.
- Annual Review is a non-profit publisher dedicated to synthesizing and integrating knowledge for the progress of science and the benefit of society.
- To create this impactful content, we bring together expert Editorial Committees in each covered discipline and facilitate meetings where members can discuss trends in each field and select relevant topics for review. Authoritative authors are then invited to submit reviews, and they readily accept the challenge to help shape and define their field as a service to scholars and society.
- Annual Survey of Industries (ASI) is conducted by National Sample Survey Office (NSSO). ASI is principal source of industrial statistics in India. ASI, an annual event, not only facilitates suitable data collection based on appropriate sampling techniques but also ensures timely dissemination of statistical information to asses and evaluate the dynamics in composition, growth and structure of organized manufacturing sector.
Restricted Access, please contact LC team for details.
- Business Monitor provides independent analysis and forecasts on countries, industries and financial markets. Specialising in emerging and frontier markets, it cover macroeconomics, political risk and 24 industry verticals across 200 global markets and use this global awareness to produce a continual, reflexive analysis of how it all fits together.
- Capitaline is online database giving financials and other information on more than 35,000 companies, which include listed as well as unlisted companies. It provides extensive and accurate data on companies, which runs into over 1500 data fields. Capitaline is an indispensable tool for a wide gamut of finance professionals, including fund managers, bankers, analysts and individual investors to conduct in-depth, fundamental and technical analysis. Companies are grouped under all major industries from various sectors. A Balance Sheet or P&L can be read with complete schedules or breakups along with different useful tools like; common size, simple growth, CAGR growth, etc. The data format has been created and standardized by keeping in mind the accepted norms & practices.
- Provides information and insights on the new capacities coming up in India in the near or medium-term future. The database will help financial markets look for funding opportunities, construction companies and capital goods providers for business opportunities, policymakers for possible new employment potential or infrastructure gaps, analysts for future industry structure and competition.
- Industry Outlook helps you anticipate trends in 207 industries. Expected creation of new capacities, projected financial performance, price movements of commodities, demand-supply balances or gaps in the future – these are some of the indicators that Industry Outlook provides information on. Industry Outlook is particularly useful in understanding the current and expected trends in the economic environment that your industry operates in. These are your suppliers’ industries, your customers’ industries or your competing industries.
- Prowessdx database is a web-based database accessible without any installation of the client application. It covers data for about 35,000 Indian companies, which includes listed companies, unlisted public companies and private companies of all sizes and ownership groups. It contains time-series data since 1990. For updated information, please prefer Prowess.
- CMIE Prowess IQ (Interactive Querying) provides the financial performance of Indian companies, it covers 37,780 companies’ financial data. It is an internet-based application for querying CMIE’s database on performances of listed and unlisted companies. It is simple and easy to use with virtually no installation and updating hassles. ProwessIQ provides charting tools and well-formatted reports on performances of companies. The reports provide financial information including analytical ratios and benchmark comparisons.
- Compustat is a comprehensive database of fundamental financial and market information on both active and inactive global companies, indices and industries produced by Standard & Poor’s since 1962. The type of information published by Compustat includes Global Industry Classification Standards (GICS), pricing data, earnings data, insider and institutional holdings and other information directed at investors and analysts.
- The Consumer Pyramid Survey is the largest survey of households in India. This is done during three rounds in a year, four months or on waves throughout the year. The sample size of survey is around 170,000 households, and the sample is maintained as a panel surveyed over multiple Waves. This collection contains the following 4 databases:
People of India dx: It includes 71 variables covering Identity (gender, age, marital status, education, state of origin, religion, caste, and migration), Employment (labor status, type of worker, occupation, and industry), Health (health status, medication and hospitalization), Financial inclusion (access to bank accounts, credit cards, health insurance, and mobile phones), and time use for work and leisure.
Aspirational India dx: Explore household assets and amenities, household sentiments, their perceptions and decisions regarding purchase of assets or to make investments. It includes 311 variables covering household wealth (assets, investments, and debt), amenities, and consumer sentiments.
Income Pyramids dx: Enables the study of seasonality of household incomes, volatility of incomes, growth in incomes, changing composition of household incomes and a lot more. It includes 68 variables covering monthly household and household-member income and its composition by sources.
Consumption Pyramids dx: It fills a serious gap in the official Indian statistical system. It delivers fast-frequency data on consumption expenditure of households. It includes 249 variables reporting monthly household expenditures (153 categories of consumables) and weekly household expenditures (27 categories).
- CLAonline is India’s premier online exclusive e-library on Corporate / SEBI and Business Laws since 1950 from the house of “Corporate Law Adviser” a more than two-decade-old leading publishing house on the subject. The e-library consists of Case Laws (with headnotes), Wealth of intellectual knowledge in the shape of Articles by experts, Procedures under Company Law, Resolutions, Queries and their replies by experts, Notifications and Circulars of various Ministries / Departments, Updated legislations etc.
- Corporate Social Responsibility Database provides information on the CSR activity of Indian listed companies. The data includes Financial Year, Average Net Profit of last three Financial Years, Prescribed CSR Expenditure. The sector in which the CSR Activity is covered and State in which the Expenditure is done. It also provides CSR Board Committee details and the reasons for unspent amounts. Additionally, it provides the CSR report extracted from the annual report of the company.
- Provides a detailed and comprehensive analysis of the current trends and the long-term performance outlook on 70 industries in India. It includes the evolution of an industry, the regulatory environment, cost structures, nature and extent of competition, global trends along with statistical information on capacities, production, imports-exports, domestic and international prices, and consumption patterns.
- Micro, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) lending of over Rs 15 trillion, accounted for around 22% of corporate lending in India as of fiscal 2018. The segment continues to offer attractive business opportunities for financiers, especially with the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime in place. The challenge lies in spotting the sectors and clusters that are likely to offer the desired risk-adjusted returns. And that entails tracking the performance and riskiness of sectors and clusters on a timely basis.
- Crisil research provides data on 70 industries like automotive casting, bulk drugs, coffee, cold chain, edible oil etc. It covers total 11 cities like Ahmedabad, Chennai, Kochi, Kolkata, NCR, Pune, Bengaluru and super 16 reports, SME reports & Agriculture report. Crisil provides access to data, research and analysis to track the performance and outlook of industries. It provides access to Eco View, a monthly document published by CRISIL, provides a comprehensive analysis of the Indian macro-economy. It examines trends in key variables and provides rigorous forecasts based on the fundamental economic analysis. It focuses on linking macro trends and issues to micro variables like company sales, profits, and borrowing costs.
- The CRSP is one of the 12 Research and Learning Centers at Chicago Booth, maintains the most comprehensive collection of security price, return, and volume data for the NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ stock markets.
- IIM Indore Learning Centre is a member of DELNET. DELNET has been established with the prime objective of promoting resource sharing among the libraries through the development of a network of libraries. It aims to collect, store, and disseminate information besides offering computerised services to users, to coordinate efforts for suitable collection development and also to reduce unnecessary duplication wherever possible.
- This database contains premium full-text content and peer-reviewed business journals, this database is an essential tool for business students. It covers all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, accounting, banking, finance and more. Business Source Complete can also be used to find company profiles, country reports (Data monitor), Industry profiles, Magazine articles, SWOT analyses, Trade Publication articles and business news analysis.
- The Economic and Political Weekly is a weekly peer-reviewed academic journal covering all social sciences, and is published by the Sameeksha Trust. EPW is also unique because it is the one forum where there is an exchange of ideas across the social science disciplines – political scientists debate with economists, sociologists read what political scientists have to say, historians study what economists have to say and so on.
- The cases are peer-reviewed and provide graduates with authentic examples of organisational challenges within emerging markets, and inspire strategies designed to tackle the business problems of the future. Each case is accompanied by complimentary teaching notes that have been compiled by teaching faculty at some of the world’s best business schools.
- Britannica Online is a website with more than 120,000 articles and is updated regularly. It has daily features, updates and links to news reports from The New York Times and the BBC. In early 2007, the Britannica made articles freely available if they are hyperlinked from an external site. Non-subscribers are served pop-ups and advertising.
- Data services from Economic and Political Weekly Research Foundation include long-term data series online in about thirteen modules covering a wide range of macro-economic and financial sector variables in a manner convenient for research and analytical work. It also includes economic and market reviews, financial market review, money market review, theme articles and papers on economic/financial market indicators.
- Equitymaster is India’s leading independent research initiative with over 1.7 million members spread over 72 countries. Since inception in 1996, we have committed ourselves to empowering you, dear reader, with honest and credible investment opinions. Our aim is to help you earn profits, safely. And in turn enable you to realise your life’s goals. Be it retirement or funding your child’s education.
- ETPrime is a members-only business storytelling platform that decodes and curates the most important business stories for its readers . It provides in-depth, sharply researched, the insight-rich analysis that fills the gaps in the news flow — building on ET’s promise of deep domain expertise ETPrime will quickly home in on the news that matters to the discerning reader like students and faculty through crisp, data-driven pieces that save time and add perspective.
- Formerly known as “”Global Market Information Database”” or “”GMID””
Provides business intelligence on Countries, Consumers and Industries. Includes integrated access to statistics, reports, topical comment and business information sources. Also includes analytical tools such as Brexit scenario tools, consumer spending by income brands, cities income distribution model, marco model, economic barometer, future demographics model and Passport Connector.
- Frost and Sullivan provide economic research and analysis, technical and market insights, financial benchmarking & analysis, etc. It covers subjects like; ICT healthcare, metals, minerals, measurement & instrumentation, aerospace, defence, chemicals, materials & food, energy & power systems, automotive & transportation, electronics & security, environment & building technologies.
- The database provides access to not only FT newspaper it ’s also home for business intelligence on the web, providing an essential source of news, comment, market information, data and analysis for the global business community.
5 global editions in PDF
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading news organisations, recognised internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. It is part of Nikkei Inc., which provides a broad range of information, news and services for the global business community.
- Grammarly automatically detects grammar, spelling, punctuation, word choice, and style mistakes in your writing. It’s easy to use:
• Copy and paste any English text into Grammarly’s Editor, or install Grammarly’s free browser extension for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge. Grammarly will help you write correctly on nearly every site on the web.
• Download Grammarly for Microsoft® Office on Windows.
- This database provides single-point access to information on the boards of companies listed at NSE and some prominent unlisted financial sector companies (MFs, Insurance Cos. etc.) along with a profile with age, qualification, experience, remuneration, other directorships of each director & connectivity with other directors.
- India Business Insight is a comprehensive online-research tool to Indian business and industry information. India Business Insight , a product of Informatics (India) Limited was launched in the early ’90s to provide well-indexed Indian content to global databases. India Business Insight knowledge base is captured from more than 319 sources which encompass daily newspapers, magazines and accesses information disseminated through Government sources. India Business Insight monitors information on listed and unlisted companies, government bodies, topics, industries, and people that matter the most for an organization.
- Indian Capstone Simulations is a new platform developed by group practitioners and professors with experience from leading corporates like Ernst & Young, Bosch, Kotak Bank, ICICI Bank, etc. This platform was designed after rigorous pilots with students at leading colleges, including IIM Bangalore and BSE Institute. The founder is a Chartered Accountant and a former Partner at Ernst & Young with extensive teaching and corporate experience.
- Dion Global Solutions is a leading technology solution provider, partnering with global banking and financial institutions to optimise the processing of business operations and transform their customer experience. With over three decades of experience in building creative software solutions for wealth management; post-trade processing; FATCA, CRS and other tax compliances; mutual fund distribution and governance, risk and compliance, we understand the needs of our customers and build customised solutions to address their specific requirements.
- ISID Database provides the Indexes for 224 Indian Social Science Journals & Press Clippings on diverse social science subjects. Under other research, references provide data on union budget speeches, economic survey review chapters, national policy documents, other important documents, Indian statistical indicators and international statistical indicators.
- An aggregator database delivers information on Asian emerging markets. It aggregates and produces unique content including full-text news articles, financial statements, company information, industry analysis, equity quotes, macroeconomic statistics, and market-specific information, which are derived directly from more than 13,000 local and global publications.
- JSTOR provides access to more than 12 million academic journal articles, books, and primary sources in 75 disciplines. It helps to explore a wide range of scholarly content through a robust research and teaching platform. JSTOR collaborate with the academic community to help libraries connect students and faculty to vital content while lowering costs and increasing shelf space, provide independent researchers with free and low-cost access to scholarship, and help publishers reach new audiences and preserve their content for future generations.
- LexisNexis provides over 15,000 business, legal and news, access thousands of newspapers, periodicals, television and radio broadcasts, newswires, blogs, corporate directories and financial information. News sources like accountancy age, advertising age, Hoover’s IPO reports, M & A reports, monthly industry reviews, etc. – complete coverage of U.S. federal and state courts, Shepard’s Citations Service, and access to hundreds of law reviews. – LexisNexis company dossier reports access provides comprehensive information on more than 80 million U.S. and international companies, including industry and executive data.
- MICA Indian Marketing Intelligence (MIMI) is third in the series and it provides the secondary data for socio-economic variables and market intelligence up to district level for all the States and Union Territories of India. It also provides Market Potential Index (MPI) and other data separately for the rural, urban and total Indian market for more than 630 districts from States and UTs.
- The National Sample Survey Organisation (NSSO), now known as National Sample Survey Office, is an organization under the Ministry of Statistics of the Government of India. It is conducting regular socio-economic surveys on subjects like household consumer expenditure, employment and unemployment, health and medical services etc.
Restricted Access, please contact LC team for details.
- The New York Times is known all over the world for unparalleled news coverage, analysis and high-calibre reporting. Each day hundreds of colleges and universities around the globe use NYT content into the academic setting.NYT mobile app is available for both iOS and Android users. To read in a format optimized for your smartphone or tablet, visit mobile.nytimes.com.Archive access: you have access to NYT articles from 1851 to the present, apart from articles within the date range 1923-1980.
- OECD iLibrary is the online library of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) featuring its books, papers and statistics and is the gateway to OECD’s analysis and data.
OECD iLibrary also contains content published by the International Energy Agency (IEA), the Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA), the OECD Development Centre, PISA (Programme for International Student Assessment), and the International Transport Forum (ITF).
- Orbis Bank Focus provide company-specific information on banks worldwide, including financials, corporate structure, ratings and rating reports, as well as country reports. The web-based interface enables you to build a customized dataset and filter on specific variables, or to compile a detailed report on an individual company. Some basic charting, analysing and reporting tools are available, and the datasets can be exported to Excel. Although a considerable part of this data is available through Orbis, the Bank Focus interface is custom-made for the research on financial institutions
- It is an e-books database that includes video learning paths, tutorials collection of the most current and authoritative technology and a reliable source of business transformation content and tools for continuous learning and skill development.
Video link : O’Reilly for Higher Education – YouTube
- Subscribed 103 journals on Economics, Business, finance, and allied subjects.
- Prime Database provides the primary capital market covering fund raising by the Indian corporate sector and the Government through equity, debt or securitisation, in India or abroad. Started in 1989, Prime comprehensive information on all capital market offerings including: Public Issues, Public Depts. Issues, Rights Issues, Institutional Placement Programmes, Preferential Equity and shares etc.
- MUSE’s online journal collections support a diverse array of research needs at academic, public, special libraries worldwide. All the journals are heavily indexed and peer-reviewed, with critically acclaimed articles by the most respected scholars in their fields. MUSE is also the sole source of complete, full-text versions of titles from many of the world’s leading university presses and scholarly societies.
- ProQuest One Business is a single platform to access 130 million full-text records – scholarly and popular periodicals, newspapers, market research reports, dissertations and theses, eBooks and educational video. ProQuest One Business content includes:
Company, industry and country reports from providers such as the Economist Intelligence Unit and Fitch Solutions, and in-depth analyst reports from J.P. Morgan
Scholarly journal and ebook coverage from hundreds of renowned publishers, including Emerald and Springer
Full text of the three major global business news sources: The Wall Street Journal, the Economist and the Financial Times
A robust collection of video – including interviews with business leaders, case studies and trainings
Library users can also access the following databases through this platform:
Proquest Dissertation & Theses
Times of India Archive (1838 – 2007)
Wall Street Journal – (1889 – 1998)
- PsycArticles provides full text of peer-reviewed, scholarly and scientific articles in psychology. It contains more than 153,000 articles from nearly 80 journals published by the American Psychological Association (APA). It includes journal articles, book reviews, letters to the editor from each journal. Coverage spans 1894 to the present.
- Journal titles from Sage- HSS Package predominantly cover the subject of Business, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Science, Technology and Medicine. Currently we upgraded our subscription from HSS-2013 to HSS-2019. The subscription holds 729 Journal titles with the back files access from the year 1999 onwards.
- SAGE Research Methods: SRMO is a research methods tool created to help researchers, faculty and students with their research projects. SAGE Research Methods links over 100,000 pages of SAGE’s renowned book, journal, Videos, Green Books, Cases and reference content with truly advanced search and discovery tools.
SAGE Research Methods focuses on methodology rather than disciplines, it can be used across the social sciences and health sciences.
- Report Junction is an offline database that provides Annual reports (financials) and Research reports of companies. It provides reports of over 15000 companies from 1997 to 2016.
SCC online collects over 380 databases of Indian Case law from the Supreme Court of India, All High Courts, Tribunals and Commissions, and several foreign jurisdictions and important International Law. Access to Compact and Comprehensive Digest Notes, which contains ruling in capsule form and party names, citations, names of Judges, bench strength, date of the decision and relevant annotation. Browse into hundreds of Law reviews and Law Reports, Analytical Legal News and Blogs on the latest Judgements. Browse statutory law and access secondary materials like Bills in parliament, Constitutional Documents like Constitutional assembly debates, Historical Trials, Policy Documents and reports of commissions, etc.
- Springer Nature, a global publisher that serves and supports the research community. Springer Nature aims to advance discovery by publishing robust and insightful science, supporting the development of new areas of research and making ideas and knowledge accessible around the world. Springer-Link provides access to 1700 Business and Management journals
- Statista is an online statistic, market research and business intelligence portal. It provides access to data from market and opinion research institutions [GFK, Scarborough – Nielsen, Ipsos, Euromonitor, Kantar etc.] as well as from business organizations [Consultancies – KPMG, Deloitte, Boston Consulting Group – BCG, PWC, Etc.] and government institutions [Official Statistical bureaus Etc.]. The platform consists over 10,00,000 Statistics (Daily almost 500 new and updated) on over 3000 topics [Topics Overview] from more than 22,500 sources [Agriculture Industry in Europe, Air Carrier market in India] with 120 Industry reports [Agriculture, Consumer Goods & FMCG, E-commerce, Finance, Insurance, Real Estate, Automotive, Pharmaceuticals, Media, Advertising, Technology.
- The ken Started in 2016 by a team of experienced journalists and entrepreneurs, and delivers sharp and incisive business insights through well-narrated articles to professionals, investors, students, and corporate leaders every day. The Ken publish articles on technology, startups, healthcare, and business, through a decidedly India-specific lens.
- The Morning Context is a research and media company, which tells stories on the internet, business and chaos.
Most of the stories have the following characteristics:
1) The story has an original point of view
2) The story covers new ground in critical analysis of the business
3) The story is an investigation into why something happened
4) The story makes sense of the complex world around us
- Thomson Reuters Eikon covers all the major financial markets – equity, fixed income, commodities, foreign exchange – It provides effective compliance and risk management, investment management and wealth management solutions. The package includes pricing data, financial research, global financial news and commentary, financial estimates, fundamentals analysis, and visual analysis through charting.
10 Terminals are available on Campus
- Turnitin is a cloud-based solution with capabilities in originality checking and online grading using their Originality Check and Grade Mark tools.
Turnitin is a document review software, where documents are highlighted for potentially copied content or resemblance to other sources.
Turnitin utilises a database of existing sources, including previous student submissions; journals articles; books; encyclopaedias; and other online references, to perform this review
Please contact LC team for more details.
- Typeset is publishing tools & the main features are as follows:
• Auto-format with 100% compliance to any journal’s guidelines in seconds;
• Choose from over 45,000+ verified Scopus indexed journal formats like Elsevier, Springer, and IEEE, etc.;
• Integrated plagiarism check for your research;
• Integrated spelling and grammar check;
• Cite and order in one-click with any citation style;
• Collaborate seamlessly with any number of peers;
• Export to MS-Word, LaTeX or PDF.
Access: Unlimited access to Faculty, Ph.D. Scholars and Researchers and free access to 500 students on IPs.
- The Venture Intelligence Private Equity Deal Database lists cash-for-equity investments (since 1998) and exits (since 2004) in India-based companies by private equity and venture capital firms. The database also includes financial investments by Strategic Investors which function similar to PE/VC firms and often co-invest with them. The database also includes sub-databases tracking Angel Investing, Social Venture/Impact Investing, Cleantech Deals and Incubation/Acceleration activity.
- The Venture Intelligence Private Equity in Real Estate Database lists investments in India-based Real Estate companies and projects by private equity firms. The database also includes financial investments by strategic investors which function similar to PE firms and often co-invest with them.
- The Wall Street Journal is a business-focused, English-language international daily newspaper based in New York City. The Journal is published six days a week, along with its Asian and European editions. It will provide up-to-the-minute business and financial news from the Online Journal, along with the comprehensive market, stock and commodities data, plus personalized portfolio information.
- This database covers global marketing strategy insight, leading advertising trends, case studies, research reports, company profiles, news, etc. It has in-depth information on marketing, advertising and media research drawn from 30 international sources.
- Wiley Online Library hosts the world’s broadest and deepest multidisciplinary collection of online resources covering life, health and physical sciences, social science, and the humanities. It delivers seamless integrated access to over 4 million articles from 1500 journals, over 15,000 online books, and hundreds of reference works, laboratory protocols and databases.
- The eLibrary offers full-text access to the complete backlist of all books, working papers, and journal articles published by the World Bank since the 1990s. Covers more than 20 disciplines related to poverty, development, and social science including economic and human development, agriculture, infrastructure, health, education, climate change, natural resources, and regional integration.
- • IIM Indore learning centre subscribing Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS) platform online since July 2017 from the University of Pennsylvania. WRDS provides the leading business intelligence, data analytics, and research platform historical analysis, and insight into the latest innovations in academic research.Through WRDS platform IIM Indore have access to the following 28 databases.<td “>· Compustat – Capital IQ