Dr. Kamal K. Jain is a Professor in the Area of OB & HR. He joined IIM Indore in September 2007. Prior to joining IIM Indore, he was working as Professor of Strategic Management/HR with University Tun Abdul Razak, Malaysia. He worked in this university for more than 5 years. He holds Ph. D. and M. Com from Agra University. He received merit scholarship from the Ministry of Education, UP Government, for securing IV position in his class 10th UP Board Examination and II position in his class 12th examination. He was awarded merit scholarship by Agra University also.
During his 40 years of teaching career he has held various academic and administrative positions. He has taught courses like Management, Organizational Policy and Strategy, Human Resource Management, Managerial Leadership, Collective Bargaining and Negotiation, and Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management. He has supervised 8 Ph. D candidates so far. He is a visiting faculty with Academy Access, a Finland based educational institute. He conducts regular management development programmes on themes like team building, conflict resolution, inter personal effectiveness, leadership, negotiation, performance management, talent management etc. His research interest is in the area of leadership, knowledge sharing, and academic entrepreneurship.
He has published around 60 research articles in the national and international journals and his bio-data has been included in Reference Asia - Asia's Who is Who of Men and Women of Achievement, and Trainers and Training Institutions - Who is Who. He has presented papers in many national and international conferences. His other notable achievements include; best paper award for the paper entitled 'Relationship between Psychological Characteristics and Entrepreneurial Inclination' presented at IBBC Conference held at Sabah, Malaysia in 2006, and President's Special Mention award in 2006 by the President of UNITAR for his all round meritorious contribution to the cause of university in general and the Faculty of Business Administration in particular.
His consulting engagements are in the area of HR Audit, Organizational Climate Survey, and Competency Mapping.
Papers published in International Refereed Journals
- Sushanta K. Mishra, Amitabh Deo Kodwani, Kunal Kamal Kumar, Kamal K. Jain, (2018) "Linking loneliness to depression: a dynamic perspective", Benchmarking: An International Journal, Vol. 25 Issue: 7, pp.2089-2104, https://doi.org/10.1108/BIJ-10-2016-0158
- Das Roshni, Jain Kamal K and Mishra Sushanta K (2017). Archival Research: A Neglected Method in Organization Studies" Benchmarking: an International Journal, Vol. 25 Issue: 1, pp.138-155
- Jain Kamal K, Das Roshni (2017). Risks of Results Oriented Leadership: A Perspective in Need of a Re-evaluation, NHRD Network Journal October 2017
- Sawant Harshal and Jain Kamal K (2017). Issues related to Knowledge in Knowledge Intensive Organizations - A Literature Review. International Journal of Knowledge Management Studies Vol. 8, Nos. 3/4, 2017
- Kamal Kishore Jain, (2016),"Acquisition and retention of learning: use of stories in executive development program", Development and Learning in Organizations: An International Journal, Vol. 30 Iss 5 pp. 7 - 10 http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/DLO-08-2015-0068. Ranked C
- Bishakha Majumdar, Jain Kamal K (2015). From the Dynamic to the Disruptive: Difficulty in Dealing with Creative People, NHRD Network Journal, Vol 8, Issue 4, October 2015, page 9-19, ISSN-0974- 1739
- Rajesh Sharma, Jain Kamal K. (2015). Determinants*Impacting Efficacy of Organizational Blogs, Archives of Business Research, Vol. 4, No. 1, Page 36-47
- Payal Anand, Jain Kamal K (2014). Big Five Personality Types & Knowledge Hiding Behaviour: A Theoretical Framework, Archives of Business Research, Volume 2, Issue 5, Pages, 47-56
- Jain K K (2014). Decoding Strike at Bajaj Auto’s Chakan Plant: A Negotiator’s Framework, Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies, Vol. 4, No. 4, 2014
- Kumar K K & Jain K K. and Rajeev Ranjan Tiwary (2013). Creating Knowledge in Organizations: Leadership Activities and their Outcomes, International Journal of Leadership Studies, Regent University, Vol 8, Issue 1, 2013.
- Kumar K K & Jain K.K. (2012) Language Conflicts in Social Arenas: Reflections for the Business World, Journal of Asian and African Studies, Sage Publications, from DOI: 10.1177/0021909612438520
- Jain K.K (2011) A Day to Remember (A case study of performance analysis). Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies from DOI 10.1108/20450621211228374
- Sandhu M.S, Jain K. K & IrUmi K (2011) Knowledge sharing among Public Sector Employees: Evidence from Malaysia. International Journal of Public Sector Management Vol. 24, No. 3, 2011
- Jain K.K & Kumar K K (2010) Reassessing the Curriculum-Competency Alignment in MBA Programs.Journal of Management and Strategy Vol. 1, No. 1 from DOI: 10.5430/jms.v1n1p68
- Yousuf M, Sandhu M.S & Jain K.K. (2010) Entrepreneurial Inclination of Students at a Private University in Malaysia .New England Journal of Entrepreneurship, Spring
Papers Published in Indian Journals
- Jain K.K (2010) Leadership Behavior that Inspires others to Conspire. Indore Management Journal, Vol 1, Issue 4, January-March