Dr. D.L.Sunder is a Professor in the area of Strategic Management and Entrepreneurship.
He has 29 years of Industrial, Teaching and Consulting experience. He worked in various organizations like HMT Ltd., Indian Carburettors Ltd etc., before moving to teaching. He served as faculty at Hindustan College of Engineering, and Sathyabama Engineering College before joining Regional Engineering College Tiruchirappalli, as Professor in the Department of Management Studies. He was Director, National Institute of Fashion Technology, Hyderabad before joining IIM Indore. He was also a visiting faculty at BIM, Tiruchirappalli and guest faculty at IIT Madras.
At IIM Indore he has held various positions like Chair- EPGP, Chair – Research & Publications, Chair –Hostel and Student Affairs and Chair – Strategic Management Area.
Dr. Sunder has a number of publications to his credit in national and international journals. His areas of interest are Strategic Management, Entrepreneurship, Mergers & Acquisitions, Innovation and Scenario planning. He has offered consultancy to various SMEs in the area of New Product Development & Growth Strategies.
- Sunder, D.L., (2014) The Controversial 'Poison Pill' Takeover Defense: How valid are the Arguments in Support of it? NMIMS Management Review, Double Issue, Volume XXIII October-November 2013, University Day Special Issue January 2014, 47-66.
- Sunder, D.L., (2013) Putting ‘Dignity At Workplace’ On The ‘Corporate Governance’ Agenda. Indian Journal of Corporate Governance, Vol 6, No.1, 32 –48.
- Sunder, D.L. (2009) Vision and Mission Statements – Powerful Tools or Pure Baloney. PES Business Review, Volume 4, No.1, 60-73.
- Sunder, D.L. (2008) Entrepreneurship for Growth and Development. Knowledge Hub, Volume 4, No.1, 43-54.
- Kamalanabhan, T.J., Sunder, D.L., and Amat Taap Manshor (2006) Evaluation of Entrepreneurial Risk-Taking using Magnitude of Loss Scale. Journal of Entrepreneurship, 15 (1), 38-46.
- Kamalanabhan, T.J., Sunder, D.L., and Vasanthi, M. (2000). An Evaluation of Choice Dilemma Questionnaire as a Measure of Risk Taking Propensity. Social Behavior and Personality, 28 (2), 149-155.
- Kamalanabhan, T.J., and Sunder, D.L. (1999) Managerial Risk Taking: An Empirical Study. Social Behavior and Personality, 27(4), 421-429.
- Sunder, D. L., and Kamalanabhan, T.J. (1998) Reaction to Risk - Are Entrepreneurs Different from others. NMIMS Management Review, X(1), 89-102.
- Sunder, D.L., and Kamalanabhan, T.J. (1997) Entrepreneurial Risk Taking. SEDME. XXIV(3), 1-9.
- Sunder, D.L., and Kamalanabhan, T.J. (1995) Relationship between risk taking and information seeking in decision making. Indian Journal of Applied Psychology, 32, 80-83.
- Sunder, D. L., & Kamalanabhan, T. J. (1996, January). Entrepreneurial risk taking: A multidimensional approach. In INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PSYCHOLOGY (Vol. 31, No. 3-4, pp. 24167-24167). 27 CHURCH RD, HOVE, EAST SUSSEX, ENGLAND BN3 2FA: PSYCHOLOGY PRESS.
Presentation in Conferences /Publication in Conference Proceedings:
- Sunder D.L. and Anshul G (2012) Managing Innovation for Competitive advantage. In Patel R., Tanted N., Phatak Y., and Sharma R K. (Eds.) Business Innovations and Entrepreneurship: Transforming World Economy, (pp. 30 –39). New Delhi, Excel Books.
- Sunder D. L. and Anshul G. (2012, Feb) Takeover Regulations in India. Paper presented at the International conference on Developing strategies for organizations in global economies: Prospects, issues and challenges, Dewas.
- Sunder D. L. and Anshul G. (2011, March). Is Knowledge Management a Fad? Paper presented at the National Conference on Emerging trends in information technology & management, Indore.
- Anshul G and Sunder D L.(2011, Feb). Is Organized Retailing a Threat to Small Retailers? Perceptions of Retailers and Consumers. Paper presented at the 11th National Conference on Mapping for Excellence: Challenges Ahead, Indore.
- Sunder D.L. and Sounder Rajan. (2010, Feb). Intrapreneurs: The changing Role Of Managers In The Economic Resurgence Of India. Paper presented at the National Conference on Role of Professional Managers in the Current Economic Resurgence of India, Chennai.
- Sunder D. L (2008, May) Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Inclusive Growth. Paper presented at the National Seminar on Globalization and Inclusive Growth, New Delhi.
- Sunder D.L. (1999, Dec) Entrepreneurship and Social Change. Paper presented at the XXIII Indian Social Science Congress, Coimbatore.
- Pandey A, Mohod M & Sunder D.L. (2012). JAM: Juices and More. IIM Indore
- Sunder D.L., (2013). “To Be Or Not To Be”. (Part A, IIM Indore.
- Sunder D.L. (2014) “To Be or Not to Be” (Part B), IIM Indore
- Neetika Sharma Mehta and Sunder D.L. (2014) “Avika Fuel Center”. IIM Indore.
- A Book Review on “Making Breakthrough Innovation Happen” by Munshi Porus was published in the Indore Management Journal, Vol 1, Issue 4, 2010. pp 122 –123.