This executive education programme is focused on the issues related with the management of resources both in the context of production of goods and services. The participants will be sensitised towards understanding of how to gain competitive advantage through operations. The content and deliverables include rigorous analysis on different kinds of business processes, how they align customer requirement and explains how to measure key process parameters like capacity, lead time etc. The programme covers process analysis tool to diagnose, measure and improve operational performance in manufacturing and service organizations. Taken together, these exercises will help participants to master and implement the practice of lean operations in their organization.
- Introducing the operations function and providing the basic concepts needed to ensure contribution of a firm’s operations to provide competitive position in the market.
- Developing the ability to analyze various kind of business operations to get target improvements.
- Develop and customize policies according to your system’s natural tendencies.
- Identify strategies for increasing throughput, shortening flow time, reducing variability and improving quality.
- Basic Process Fundamentals
- WIP, Flow Time, Throughput Relations, Little’s Law, Analysing Bottlenecks, Influence of Variability
- Toyota Production System
- Diagnozing Common Problems, Improvement Strategies including Lean, Kaizen and TQM
- Push and Pull Production, Kanban
- Behavioural aspects in Operations
Management Development Programmes (MDP) Office
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road
Indore 453556, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Email : email@example.com
Tel. : +91-731-2439750, 2439752, 2439753, 24397544
Fax : +91-731-2439751, 2439800
High - level manufacturing and service managers who shape an organization’s operations, Managers who want to improve existing operational systems, Consultants and Engineers who must justify the cost of improvement projects, Production control specialists
It will include appropriate mix of lectures, discussions, case – studies, exercises and group activities
Service Tax, as applicable, will be additional
Prof. Rohit Kapoor