Many firms have been transforming their traditional purchasing activity into the sourcing activity realizing strategic role of sourcing. It is important for the executives to know how to add value to their organization by implementing best sourcing practices.
This programme introduces the participants to the strategic sourcing sourcing process, sourcing strategies, vendor development and best global sourcing practices to realize the competitive benefits from sourcing within an organization and across it’s the supply chain.
The programme shall cover the broader topics related to global sourcing. An indicative but not exhaustive list is given below
- Transformation from Purchasing to Sourcing
- Strategic role of sourcing in a firm
- Category Management: leveraging value from spend categories
- Developing appropriate sourcing strategy
- Selection and evaluation of suppliers
- Measuring supplier performance
- Managing world class supply Base
- Solving the logistics puzzle
- INCO Terms
- Role of outsourcing
- Recent trends in global sourcing
Management Development Programmes (MDP) Office
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road
Indore 453556, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Email : email@example.com
Tel. : +91-731-2439750, 2439752, 2439753, 24397544
Fax : +91-731-2439800
Executives involved in procurement, purchasing, sourcing and supplier development activities.
GST, as applicable, will be additional
Prof. Bhavin Shah