Currently, due to significant advances in data acquisition technologies, decrease in data storage cost, increasing realization of the importance of data as an asset, and harsh competition, there is an exponential growth of data volume. Companies are overloaded with huge repositories of data with important information and knowledge buried in it. They are facing the data explosion problem: drowning in data but starving for knowledge: more data but less understanding. Business requires understanding or making sense of data. Analytics has become vital for managers across disciplines and has become a major enabler. The term “analytics” deals with how to obtain, store, analyze, visualize and present data. It is all about making sense of data leading to data driven decisions. Business Data Analytics is an interactive process of analyzing and exploring business data to find valuable insights. The knowledge or insights empower managers in taking proactive decisions and gaining competitive advantage. This program will equip the participants with the concepts and techniques of business data analytics as well as business applications. The program will also focus on how to use these techniques in practical situations to enhance decision-making.
The program has the following objectives:
- To introduce the participants the concepts of business data analytics, and its ecosystem for gaining customer insights.
- To help participants consider firm’s capability to analyze, and use customer data for gaining customer insights and to develop and maintain a competitive advantage.
- To gain understanding of various techniques for analytics: Descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and visualization techniques
- To get an exposure on leading data analytics software such as Weka, SPSS, Clementine and other popular analytics applications.
This course primarily discusses concepts of business analytics, the technologies required, its business applications and approaches towards guiding business decisions using analytics. This course does not cover the micro details of mathematics, algorithms and programming. This course is designed for managers or executives of any business discipline to make sense of business data and to take informed or data-driven decisions.
- Basics of business data analytics.
- Basics of various techniques for analytics: Descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and visualization techniques
- Hands on training on data analysis software in lab sessions: SPSS, Clementine and other popular analytics applications
- Application of techniques such as forecasting, prediction, churn modelling, clustering, association rules, decision tree, link discovery etc. in different industry sectors.
Management Development Programmes (MDP) Office
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road
Indore 453556, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Email : email@example.com
Tel. : +91-731-2439750, 2439752, 2439753, 24397544
Fax : +91-731-2439800
Business decision makers, customer service & customer intelligence managers, CRM managers and consultants, business analysts, business intelligence/ data mining professionals working in industries such as banking, credit card businesses, financial services, insurance, telecommunications, hotels, airline, IT enabled services, retailing, BPOs, and other industries that feel the need to derive value from data.
GST, as applicable, will be additional
Prof. Prabin K. Panigrahi