To achieve corporate success, all entrepreneurs must understand financial viability, temporary financial distress and remedial measures, various aspects of accounting and financial management, so that they are more effective in their roles, irrespective of the fact that they perform in diverse functions. Since entrepreneurs in non-finance areas may not have a financial background, there is a need to provide them the necessary understanding and skill, in a non-technical manner to widen their appreciation and clarity regarding process of financial decision-making in the organization. This programme is designed for those who want to have insights of finance and financial management for their new ventures/startups/ entrepreneurship.
- To enable the participants to have an understanding of SMEs, entrepreneurship and startups.
- To enable the participants to identify an idea and its assessment as well as have an understanding of how to build a legal foundation for their startup/entrepreneurship.
- To enable the participants to appraise key issues of financial management.
- To help SMEs develop an effective business plan for their new venture/startup.
- To learn the sources of fund raising and valuation of the venture/startup.
- To understand and analyze the key financial reports for the operation of the venture/startup.
- To explain to the participants, the institutional framework for promotion and development of SMEs/startups, and to avail of the facilities by such institutions
- To help the participants to raise equity from such institutions
- To expose the participants to accounting software- Tally. ERP 9 for understanding accounts and financial reports, MS Excel for the Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, Cost of Capital etc.
- In order to provide hands on experience to the participants, case study / exercises would be used so that the participants can clearly understand determinants of success in their businesses and adopt growth strategies.
- Introduction to SME/Entrepreneurship and Startups
- Idea Identification and Assessment/ Building a Legal Foundation
- Understanding Accounting & Finance
- Key Financial Reports
- Analysis of Financial Statements
- Business Plan for Startup
- Sources of Fund Raising
- Time Value of Money
- Valuation of New Ventures/ Startup
- Institutional framework for promotion and development of SMEs/Startups and to avail the facilities by such institutions
- Accounting & Finance Lab (Tally. ERP 9, Cost of Capital, IRR, Net Present Value)
- Case Study and exercises on the above
Management Development Programmes (MDP) Office
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road
Indore 453556, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Email : email@example.com
Tel. : +91-731-2439750, 2439752, 2439753, 24397544
Fax : +91-731-2439751, 2439800
The programme is designed to meet the needs of entrepreneurs/consultants/Advisors/Promoters/ Senior and Middle level Executives/ Managers/ Trainers who are engaged in startups, entrepreneurship and SMEs
An appropriate mix of lectures, case-discussion, exercises, and practical exposure of finance and accounting lab.
Service Tax, as applicable, will be additional
Prof. Vijay K. Gupta