To achieve corporate success, all executives must understand various aspects of accounting and financial management, so that they are more effective in their roles, irrespective of the fact that they perform in diverse functions. Since executives in non-finance areas may not have a financial background, there is a need to provide them the necessary understanding and skill, in a non-technical manner to widen their appreciation and clarity regarding process of financial decision-making in the organization. This programme is designed for those who want to learn the basics of financial terminology and financial analysis techniques.
- To enable the participants to appraise corporate performance through analysis of financial statements.
- To understand the behavior of costs and their applications for decision-making.
- To understand the role of financial management in such areas as planning, control and long term decision making.
- To familiarize with latest financial concepts becoming part of general management approach.
- Understanding Basic Accounting
- Understanding Financial Statements
- Analysis of Financial Statements
- Understanding Cost Management
- Cost Analysis for Managerial Decision Making
- Budgeting and Budgetary Control
- Time Value of Money
- Capital Expenditure Decisions
- Working Capital Management
- Accounting & Finance Lab (Tally. ERP 9, Cost of Capital, IRR, Net Present Value)
- Case Studies
Management Development Programmes (MDP) Office
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road
Indore 453556, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Email : email@example.com
Tel. : +91-731-2439750, 2439752, 2439753, 24397544
Fax : +91-731-2439800
The programme is designed to meet the needs of middle and senior level managers from the different functional areas of the management in the corporate sector, both public and private, and the entrepreneurs.
An appropriate mix of lectures and case-discussion, Accounting & Finance Lab
GST, as applicable, will be additional
Prof. V. K. Gupta