Projects have become critical across multiple industry verticals such as infrastructure, defence, and technology. They are predominantly manpower intensive and require strategic handling of human assets for continued involvement through the duration of the engagement. It is increasingly recognized that conventional HR concepts cannot be extrapolated to project-based organizations (PBO). The course aims to introduce the basic concepts of project life cycle, various human capital issues, and challenges that arise at multiple stages of the project execution. This course aims to equip the managers dealing with human resources with contemporary knowledge and practices informed by conclusive findings from research.
The course intends to cover the complete cycle of planning manpower estimates during bidding phase to the successful execution of the project.
- Through group exercise and bringing the latest research outcomes to the classroom, the course intends to develop the capability of participants to manage human capital efficiently during the duration of the project.
- Acquaint participants, from both line manager and HR manager’s perspective, the HR challenges that are encountered in executing a project.
- The course will enhance the student’s skill set to apply theoretical and situational knowledge to manage human resource while executing projects.
• Introduction to projects, Project Based Organizations and Human Capital issues.
• Ambidexterity in projects based organizations and Implications for HRM
• Project manpower planning and staffing (Stages, and Ramp up/Mobilization)
• Managing Tacit Knowledge in Projects
• Managing distributed project teams
• Decision making in distributed project teams
• Managing the distributed actors in projects
• Human capital diversity for success in projects
• People Issues in PBO: Financial Performance vs Employees Well Being – Role of PMS
• People Issues in PBO: Career Management
Management Development Programmes (MDP) Office
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road
Indore 453556, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. : +91-731-2439750, 2439752, 2439753, 24397544
Fax : +91-731-2439800
Line and HR managers working in Project Based Organizations and Organizations that utilize projectised work structure.
The course will use a mix of discussions, simulations and exercises. The course relies heavily on participation in class discussions and activities. Participants need to think critically about concepts and issues raised in class discussions. Deriving the most from this course requires active engagement in the learning process. The students will be expected to work in groups for class/simulation exercise.
GST, as applicable, will be additional
Prof. Shrihari S Sohani