Globalization, Privatization and Liberalization has an impact on all of us in one-way or the other. On the one hand this may be construed a threat by today’s Indian manager, on the other hand these forces provide better opportunities as well as challenges to managers. In a competitive environment the critical success factor for any enterprise is to provide goods and services at comparatively lower prices than the competition. Even if players in a particular industry decide not to compete on the basis of price, the need to continuously reduce cost in order to increase stakeholders’ value is an internal mandate. Therefore, in the present scenario it has become important for a manager to improvise his capabilities, understanding of various related fields of knowledge to emerge as an enabling resource to face the competition. To achieve corporate success, all managers must understand various aspects of Managing Managerial Performance (MMP): performance based management, result based management, value based management, focused based management and performance based compensation; the behavioral considerations involved in the use of these techniques, such as motivation, goal congruence and relative roles of the controller and top management so that they are more effective in their roles. This program recognizes the need of practicing managers to update their knowledge, insights and analytical skills for Managing Managerial Performance in their Companies and learn how a company’s managers go about designing, implementing and using planning and control systems to implement a company’s strategies to achieve the result and value.
- To enable the participants to appraise the need and benefits of managing managerial performance in an organization.
- To coordinate with organizational structure & work environment for effective implementation of policy & strategies to achieve the result and value.
- To understand the balanced scorecard as a strategic measurement tool for performance.
- To enable the participants to appraise the reward systems based on performance.
- To facilitate productive & fruitful availability of data in order to ensure effective reporting system and prescribing proper formats for effective communications at each level of management.
- To assist Management in decision making with respect to quantitative & qualitative parameters of performance measurement.
- To enable the participants to appraise performance management dynamics through playing the roles by the Controller & top management
- Overview of Managing Managerial Performance
- Performance Based Management
- Value Based Management
- Result Based Management
- Balanced Scorecard
- Performance Reporting System
- Performance Based Reward System
- Performance Management Dynamics-Role of Controller & Top Management
- Managing Managerial Performance-Overall Issues
- Case Studies
Management Development Programmes (MDP) Office
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road
Indore 453556, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. : +91-731-2439750, 2439752, 2439753, 24397544
Fax : +91-731-2439751, 2439800
Entrepreneurs and executives from different functional areas desirous of understanding Managing Managerial Performance
Lectures, Case Studies, Discussions, Experience Sharing and Group Work.
Service Tax, as applicable, will be additional
Prof. Vijay K. Gupta