Negotiation occurs in business, non-profit organizations and government offices, among nations and in personal situations such as marriage, parenting, and everyday life. Managers devote a great deal of their time in negotiating with various interest parties on a day to day basis. It is often claimed that ‘in business you do not get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate’. Negotiation Skills – a management development program at IIM Indore helps you understand this difficult process and develop the required skills to become an effective negotiator.
This programme is designed to help participants develop the right strategy to negotiate by providing them with a framework for approaching the negotiation process with confidence. The objectives include:
- Understand the basics of negotiations and getting an insight into the negotiation processes
- Understand fundamental rules of negotiation
- Manage the subtle differences that come into play in negotiations between various types of deals
- Understand the reasons for using auction over negotiation
- Appreciate the dynamics of multi party negotiation.
- Basic Negotiation Concepts
- Rules of Negotiation
- Barriers to Effective Negotiation
- Role of Emotions in Negotiation
- Resolving Conflicts using Negotiation Strategies
- Multi party Negotiation
- Framing and Anchoring in Negotiation
- Interactive sharing of negotiation experiences
Management Development Programmes (MDP) Office
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road
Indore 453556, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Email : email@example.com
Tel. : +91-731-2439750, 2439752, 2439753, 24397544
Fax : +91-731-2439751, 2439800
Program is meant for middle and senior level executives who need to effectively persuade external stakeholders and/or internal staff on several business related issues.
The Methodology would include an appropriate mix of lectures, discussions, case studies, and exercise and group activities.
Service Tax, as applicable, will be additional
Prof. Kamal K Jain