The CFO job has become challenging and complex in recent times with expectation of strategic role and increasing trends of CFO elevated to CEO. Moreover with increased activism of all stakeholders gone are the days when value creation was achieved with episodic events such as M&A, financial structuring, and managing investors relations. The sustained value creation requires CFO have organic orientations. The hard work of designing and implementing successful planning and performance management approach is what would work for sustained value creating in company.
Our view about changing role of CFO is to enable understanding of how company creates value across the organization. Integrate financial and operational measures to enable line mangers take appropriate decisions, keep the measurement system understandable and consistent and encourage dialogue for best decisions.
The program aims to orient CFO towards the role and requirements that illuminate and empower the people and parts for righteous decisions (not optimal), integrate the organization resources and capabilities and inspire them for sustainable performance.
The program offers a strategic toolbox to help finance professional to be a better advisor and decision maker. The focuses would be on measurement, planning and control skills with strategic, behavioral and technical considerations.
- Enhance strategic thinking skills outside traditional areas such as accounting and finance
- Bolster leadership skills to better communicate with nonfinancial colleagues
- Be a better decision maker who can assess disparate data from many areas of your company and help the CEO, board, and other leaders create a long-term path forward
- Changing Role of CFO
- The Evolution of the Corporate Success Paradigms
- The Sustainable Finance Organization
- Measuring and Managing Responsibility Centre
- Budgeting and Beyond
- Managing Product and Organizational level costs
- Value Based Management
- Strategic Performance Management
Management Development Programmes (MDP) Office
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road
Indore 453556, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Email : email@example.com
Tel. : +91-731-2439750, 2439752, 2439753, 24397544
Fax : +91-731-2439800
Top and Sr level managers in Finance and accounting areas in the organization.
The program would be delivered through interactive lectures, exercises, and case studies, both in the classroom and in smaller work groups.
GST, as applicable, will be additional
Prof. Keyur Thaker