Project Management is becoming more and more important for all kinds of organizations. With more and more organizations shifting to “mission mode” operations, the skills for completing these tasks within specified time and cost limits are on the rise. The non-repetitive, irreversible nature of these activities and huge capital investment makes the knowledge of scientific and advanced skills mandatory for proper management of projects. The number of tasks and their inter-relationship is very complex even in the case of small projects and use of computer software is becoming essential for effective completion of projects. Many of projects have failed not due to lack of technical expertise but due to limited knowledge of project management by the team leaders and managers. This five – day course is designed to impart necessary skills in managing large projects in different domains like construction, infrastructure, power plants, irrigation etc. The various phases of project development cycle are dealt in detail with an in depth discussion on project formulation, design, implementation, tracking, monitoring, control and closure. The course is designed in line with the Project Management Body of Knowledge of Project Management Institute (PMI). Participants will have an opportunity to work at computer terminals to acquaint themselves with computer-aided decision making for projects including use of personal computers for project management.
- To acquaint the participants with various network techniques used in project management
- To develop an understanding of the tools and techniques for effective management of resources and cost in projects
- To expose participants to behavioural aspects of project management
- To provide an insight into network-based project monitoring system
- To discuss various aspects related to contracts management, project budgeting, and such other topics
- To acquaint participants with computerized project management systems.
- Network Techniques: CPM/PERT
- Project Cost & Resource Management: Project budgeting, time-cost trade-off, resource smoothing
- Contract Management
- Social Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Behavioral Aspects in Project Management: Leadership, Team Building, Conflict Management
- Project Monitoring: Earned Value Analysis
- Critical Chain Project Management
- Computerized Project Management System: Personal computers for project management
Management Development Programmes (MDP) Office
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road
Indore 453556, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Email : email@example.com
Tel. : +91-731-2439750, 2439752, 2439753, 24397544
Fax : +91-731-2439751, 2439800
Persons engaged in implementation of projects in infrastructural sectors, technology and other such areas; like projects related to power plants, fertilizer plants, irrigation projects, industrial units, major replacement and reconditioning jobs; other large and small projects and time bound programmes; persons involved in planning and monitoring of projects and those in government, financial institutions, and other agencies coordinating implementation of various projects.
The Methodology would include an appropriate mix of lectures, discussions, case studies, exercises and group activities.
Service Tax, as applicable, will be additional
Prof. Rohit Kapoor