Over the last few years, social media have become an integral part of modern information and communication landscape. Through social media, large number of individuals, groups, organizations, and countries publish rich content, communicate, share information and respond to others. This phenomenon has transformed the social, political, and technological landscapes. By exposing individual and collective behaviour, social media delivers large quantities of social data for analysis, offering new research opportunities and new computational challenges. Social media analytics is the process of gathering data from social media platforms, analysing the data to understand conversations and visualizing the outcome leading to data-driven business decisions.
The programme will introduce participants the characteristics and dynamics of social media, and typology of social media analytics. This programme will cover different types of analytics techniques used on social media data, process for social media analytics and introduction to popular tools used in social media analytics.
- Allow learners to access, analyse and visualize social media data
- To understand social media metrics reporting or visualization tools.
- To understand different types of analytics methods used on social media data
- To gain insight into social media data analysis
- Social Media Analytics Basics
- Twitter data extraction
- Social Media Metrics
- Sentiment Analysis
- Social Network Analysis
- Tracking and Reporting: Google Analytics
- Use of programming language R in R Studio development environment, Weka, Gephi and Social Network Analysis Tool with datasets
Management Development Programmes (MDP) Office
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road
Indore 453556, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Email : email@example.com
Tel. : +91-731-2439750, 2439752, 2439753, 24397544
Fax : +91-731-2439800
Business Managers, business analysts, data mining professionals, business executives, entrepreneurs, researchers, academicians, consultants, independent practitioners in companies/private or public organizations who want to gain insight into social media analysis.
GST, as applicable, will be additional
Prof. Prabin K. Panigrahi