Measuring and managing costs and aligning them with the business strategy of an entity is critical especially in the midst of challenging times faced by businesses today. Recognizing that different costing and management accounting systems and strategies need to be used to facilitate and augment quality of different managerial decisions, this programme aims to:
- Develop an understanding of various costing systems in different strategic decision situations.
- Provide the details of contemporary issues in costing systems such as activity-based costing and pricing, target costing etc.
- Provide a comprehensive view on management control covering control structure issues like profit centres / SBUs and
- Control process issues like budgeting, budgeting games, beyond budgeting and performance evaluation.
- Provide tools for tracking organizational performance
Relevant costs for different decision-making situations.
Activity-based costing and management and customer profitability analysis.
Cost management (Target Costing, Life Cycle Cost Management)
Costing systems and relationship with Profit centres/SBUs and issues related to transfer pricing and profitability.
Performance evaluation using strategic variance analysis.
Role of costing in managing organizational performance.
Management Development Programmes (MDP) Office
Indian Institute of Management Indore
Prabandh Shikhar, Rau-Pithampur Road
Indore 453556, Madhya Pradesh, INDIA
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. : +91-731-2439750, 2439752, 2439753, 24397544
Fax : +91-731-2439800
Functional/departmental heads involved in strategy formulation and implementation in various functional areas and implementation in various functional areas of operations, production, quality control, marketing, HR, accounting, costing, corporate finance, etc.
Members of top and senior management team.
GST, as applicable, will be additional
Prof. Keyur B Thaker