- M. RISE Project is a part of M.P. Govt. aimed at the development of 9200 schools
- IIM Indore’s Capacity Building Programme is a part of the C.M. Rise Project
- First-ever programme conducted by a B-School for the principals of government schools
- IIM Indore will train 276 principals in Phase 1 of the project
IIM Indore aims to remain a socially conscious, contextually-relevant business school and ensures to take every step to contribute to nation-building. In line with this mission, the institute is delighted to be a part of the C.M. RISE project of the Madhya Pradesh Government. This project is aimed at the holistic development of 9200 schools in a timeframe of ten years. Under this project, IIM Indore is conducting a Customized Capacity Building Programme for 276 principals of C.M. RISE schools in Phase 1 of the project. A total of 66 principals will be trained in the first batch, which commenced on December 13, 2021. Shri S. Dhanaraju, Director, Rajya Shiksha Kendra, inaugurated the programme.
Prof. Himanshu Rai, Director, IIM Indore, said that the institute has always been keen to contribute to the upliftment of everyone, and education plays a vital role in achieving this goal. ‘We are delighted to be a part of the C.M. Rise project of the Madhya Pradesh Government. This project focuses on the development of thousands of schools. It ensures the school’s holistic development by identifying the students’ skills, interests, and talents and developing them into capable leaders and managers. This unique capacity-building course by IIM Indore will go a long way in training the principals of these government schools. The curriculum is designed to be relevant to the public-school scenario in Madhya Pradesh. IIM Indore will use a judicious mix of lectures, case studies, discussions, group activities, field visits and prescribed reading material to enhance the effectiveness of the training.
The Principal Secretary, School Education Department, Mrs. Rashmi Shami mentioned that the Madhya Pradesh Government has made progress in every field in the last decade and has taken many initiatives for the state’s development. ‘One of these is the C.M. Rise scheme of the state government, under which we will focus on developing 9200 well-equipped schools in the state’, she said. Education is the cornerstone of the country’s future, and the government wants to ensure that no child is deprived of learning. Keeping in mind the initiative taken under the National Education Policy, in the first year of this scheme of the Government of Madhya Pradesh, we are selecting 350 schools. These include schools from tribal areas, a general category, and backwards regions. These schools will adopt world-class standards of education. She said that the Capacity Building Programme of IIM Indore is a commendable initiative and an invaluable part of this scheme. The programme will provide top-notch training to the school principals who play a vital role in educating the children and give them the skills for their best performance and contribution to the scheme.
Shri Dhanarju noted that the programme would create a ‘Visionary Leaders’ cohort to advance this ambitious project. ‘This is the first of its kind programme being offered by a business school which aims at providing innovative and inclusive learning to the school principals. With the robust curriculum designed by IIM Indore, this batch will set an example in the nation of being a compassionate principal towards the children, thereby nurturing them in a way that encourages them to lead the nation’, he said. He noted that this course would further be revised and co-created with the first batch’s feedback. ‘This programme is an effort to contribute to strengthening the education system of India and hence, every stakeholder’s view plays a vital role’, he said. He encouraged the batch to gain knowledge from the interactive classroom sessions and further enhance learning by implementing it once they complete the programme.
Prof. Saumya Ranjan Dash, Dean-Programmes, and programme coordinators Prof. Vaijayanthee Anand and Prof. Shruti Tewari congratulated the principals for being a part of this very first innovative programme. The valedictory function of the programme was held on December 17, 2021.
Quotes from the Principals:
- The faculty members of IIM Indore offered simple, innovative and exciting solutions to the challenges we face as the principals of government schools. They provided us with tips to face and overcome the upcoming challenges. This training programme has been extremely knowledgeable. We believe that we will educate and nurture the school students better and encourage them to develop as good citizens.
– Mr. R.C. Jain, Principal, Government High School, Goberhela, Vidisha
- We are all overwhelmed to participate in this training course under the C.M. RISE project. IIM Indore is a world-class training institute, and all the sessions have been informative and inspiring. The IIM Indore faculty members have encouraged and inspired us, and we are all eager to contribute to the C.M. Rise project and meet the expectations of the government.
– Ms. Anita Namdev, Principal, Government High School Jethway, Khargone