On the night of October 15, 2016, there was an attempted break-in at Professor Srinivas Gunta and a staff member’s respective residences (Type V and Type II quarters) at IIM Indore campus. Break-in took place at two faculty residences (Type V), and two staff residences (Type II quarters). The robbers apparently entered the campus by breaking fencing rods of the compound wall (near Type II Quarters).
During the time break-in took place, the residents were travelling and were not present at their respective houses. An FIR has been filed at the Kishanganj Police Station by Professor Srinivas Gunta in the presence of a faculty member and a security staff on October 16, 2016.
The Institute is taking following steps:
- Seeking intervention of higher level police officers
- Re-assessing any vulnerable points for access and reinforcing the prevention of entry at those points
- Replacing/strengthening the doors and locks in all houses
- Reviewing and changing the processes followed by the Security Staff so that such entry by thieves/others does not go undetected
- Installation of Campus-wide CCTV system