|Qualification||Ph. D. (English), Dayalbagh Educational Institute (Deemed University), Agra|
- Brief Profile
- Research Publications
Swatantra is a faculty in the area of Communication. During last 18 years of her active teaching career, she has been teaching courses related to Oral, Written, Persuasive and Nonverbal Communication.
An alumnus of Dayalbagh Educational Institution (Deemed University), Agra, Swatantra has written around ten books which include a book series Rills of Grammar and Remedial English Language (Sultan Chand and sons). Her book Spoken English and Translation especially meant for the students of Hindi background has been widely appreciated.
Her current areas of research interest are Nonverbal behaviour, Forgiveness and Communication. She is exploring the role of Nonverbal elements in impression management of varied professionals, namely - physicians, academicians, and salespeople. Apart from it, she is also working on the influence techniques used by professionals and persuasion strategies used in advertisements.
Swatantra conducts training sessions on Assertiveness, Interpersonal Communication, Nonverbal behavior in the life of professionals, Dealing with the varied (difficult) communication styles and Enhancing persuasion and influencing skills. Apart from all above, she also supports Entrepreneurs in polishing their oral / written pitch to be submitted to the potential investors.
As an Author
Remedial English Language (New Delhi: Sultan Chand and Sons, 2009)
Spoken English and Translation (Agra: Maitri Publications, 2005)
As a Sub-Editor
Emerging Trends in Technology Management (New Delhi: GIFT Publishing, 2006)
Papers in Journals
- Judith, A. Hall; Mollie Ruben and Swatantra (2020) “First Impressions of Physicians According to their Physical and Social Group Characteristics” in Journal of Nonverbal Behaviour
- Swatantra (2016) “Socio-economic factors and Portrayal of Children in Contemporary Indian Television advertisements and their Impact” in International Journal of Economic Research, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 1081 – 1092
- Rihana and Swatantra (2016) “A Process Analysis of Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao in the light of its Radio Advertisements” in International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 4059 - 4075
- Swatantra (2013), Mysticism in the poetry of Sri Aurobindo, Re-markings, 12 (2), 76 – 81
- Swatantra (2013), Teaching Spoken English to the undergraduates in India, The Journal of English Language Teaching, LV(6), 22 – 24
- Basu, Shubhbrata and Swatantra (2020), To Propose or Not – IPCA Indore in a dilemma, IIM Indore Case center, IIMI/Case/2019/5.
- Mahapatra, Sabita and Swatantra (2016), Support My School, IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM), pp. 1-12
Book Reviews in Journals
- Swatantra (2013). Book Review . The Interiors: An Annual Journal of English Studies, 2, 277 - 280
Peer reviewed Book Chapters
- Swatantra and Pankaj Dwivedi (2015). Effective Communication in Classroom Teaching, Elements of Teaching- Learning Process, Elsevier India
- Swatantra (2010). Journey of Soul towards the Supreme in the Poetry of Sant Kabir in Spindle and the Wheel. New Delhi: Adhyayan Publishers.Papers in Conference Proceedings
- Swatantra (2012). From a sage on stage to a guide by your side: innovative approaches in teaching (with special reference to higher education) in Emerging Issues and Challenges in Education: Global and Indian Perspective Vol. 3. New Delhi: Radha Publications.
- Swatantra (2012). Lord Krishna as an OD practitioner in Srimadbhagvadgita in Vedic Foundations of Indian Management. New Delhi: Vikas Publishing House.
- Swatantra (2010). Listening unuttered Messages: A key to Interpersonal Success in Soft Skills: Key to Professional Excellence. New Delhi: Global Vision Publishing House.
- Swatantra (2007). Non-verbal communication at Workplace in Management Communication: Trends and Strategies. New Delhi : Tata McGraw Hill