IIM Indore provides a broad array of programmes, formats and locations (Indore and Mumbai) to meet diverse needs for management education.
IIM Indore has 86 well-qualified internal faculty complemented by carefully selected adjunct faculty with considerable industry or domain expertise.
IIM Indore offers participant-centered approach to management education. Till now, 25 IIM Indore faculty members have been deputed for Participant-Centered Learning Programme at Harvard Business School.
The Institute provides excellent physical infrastructure for academics, residence and extra-curricular activities as well.
IIM Indore’s educational approach ensures that its graduates are well-rounded, collaborative and competent leaders who have a strong grounding in functional expertise and industry expertise, a global mind-set, and sensitivity to societal issues. Based on feedback from the corporate sector, benchmarking against globally top-ranked MBA programmes and insights from recent studies on the effectiveness of MBA programmes, IIM Indore has launched a new PGP (MBA) programme design from its 2015-17 Batch.
Skill Development Courses: These include Communication, Leadership, Spreadsheet Modeling, Entrepreneurial Orientation, Innovation and Design Thinking and Sustainability, taught in a workshop-based format.
The second year of the new curriculum features a large number of domain concentrations which consist of both regular courses taught by industry faculty and workshop courses taught by industry practitioners.
Blending Theory & Practice
Another initiative to blend theory and practice is the hiring of professors of practice, which allows industry professionals with 15-20 years of experience to become a part of the IIM Indore full-time faculty. These professors of practice are already making a difference with case-writing projects on SBI, Godrej and BHEL, and a new consulting practicum to be offered in the second-year PGP.
IIM Indore retains and reinforces some differentiating features from its earlier programme design:
- Unique rural immersion programme to give graduates contextual connect: To enable the participants to understand the social context in which organizations work and exist, an exposure to the rural settings of Madhya Pradesh is included in the course design.
- Experiential learning- Students visit a company once a week in the first year of the Programme. They are required to carry out a study on various industries and key players in the industry. This enhances their exposure to organizations and provides them a backdrop for analysing the managerial contexts of different cases.
- A unique matrix based structure for PGP-II wherein participants take 10% credits in ‘Industry Vertical Courses’ and 10% credits in ‘Functional Area Courses’ in addition to the general management credits.
- Himalaya outbound programme for PGP-II students: While participants are adequately prepared for a corporate career, their ability to motivate themselves to perform in an unfamiliar ambience and work as a team is enhanced by encouraging them to undergo an outbound exercise and simulation conducted in serene locations at various altitudes in the Himalayas. While students get to pursue electives of their choice, they are also given an opportunity to register for workshops to get focused knowledge on the skills and practices applicable to specific functional domains.
- IIM Indore students participate in a wide range of extra and co-curricular activities which include IRIS (The Annual Management & Cultural Festival) and Utsaha (Rural Marketing Fair).
- Strong Student Exchange Programme: IIM Indore has exchange tie-ups with several prestigious international business schools. A large number of students visit these business schools and complete one semester there.
- PGP at IIM Indore admits around 450 students every year.
The only 5-year integrated programme offered by an IIM: The five-year IPM, the first of its kind in India launched by IIM Indore, is a unique and creative programme to meet the aspirations of young students to become management professionals, change agents and societal leaders. IPM is aimed at students who have passed out of class XII/Higher Secondary or equivalent from schools in India.
- 5-week classroom module at top-ranked US School, University of Texas at Austin (McCombs Business School),
- Concentration areas in BFSI and Analytics.
New curriculum allows students to move into the research phase quickly.
Doctoral programme for practising mangers— first IIM to offer this programme.