Established in 1996, Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIM Indore) is the sixth in the prestigious IIM family of management schools. The Institute was chosen by the Government of India to be set up in Indore to give an impetus to management education in central India and has ever since been acting as a leader in the field of management, interfacing with the industry, government sectors and PSUs.
IIM Indore seeks to be a contextually-relevant business school with world-class academic standards that develops socially-conscious managers, leaders and entrepreneurs. IIM Indore is committed to:
- Excellence in management education, research, and training
- Use of contemporary participant-centric pedagogies and teaching methods
- A presence in emerging segments of management education
- Re-accredited by EQUIS, continuing the Triple Crown Accreditation.
- Recognized in the prestigious Positive Impact Rating by the UN PRME Global Forum in 2023, achieving Level 4 category recognition for its positive impact on culture, governance, and systems.
- IIM Indore’s Centre of Excellence: ANVESHAN
- MoU signed with MoHUA for establishing the Centre of Excellence and received a grant of Rs. 19.95 Cr.
- Focus on training political leadership for urban sanitation and waste management.
- Offers programmes in public policy, urban governance, and change management.
- Inaugurated on July 11, 2023.
- Received the Silver Award for Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance (ESG) initiatives in 2022, underscoring the institution’s responsible and sustainable practices.
- MSDSM with IIT Indore: IIMI collaborated with IIT Indore to launch a first-of-its-kind master’s degree programme. The two-year Master of Science in Data Science and Management is an online programme offering 15 hours of live sessions and a total of 900 hours of learning. The programme has been launched keeping in mind the rise in the demand for efficient data scientists and analysts who can drive an organization towards its success.
- Acknowledged as the cleanest and greenest educational institute in the district, receiving the One District One Green Champion award in 2021, showcasing IIM Indore’s commitment to environmental sustainability.
- The International Advisory Board at IIM Indore (Constituted in 2021):
- A distinguished body comprising renowned academicians and accomplished professionals from various industries and institutions worldwide.
- Collaborates with the institution’s top leadership to develop and enhance global projects, programs, and initiatives.
- Facilitates the expansion of IIM Indore’s global footprint by leveraging the expertise and perspectives of leading specialists from diverse fields.
- Plays a pivotal role in addressing international concerns and creating value on a global scale through strategic guidance and thought leadership.
- KRITAJNA: Free of cost Leadership Development Programme for Doctors in Frontline Services, expressing gratitude to frontline doctors during the COVID-19 pandemic, thereby making a notional contribution of Rs. 1.5 Cr.
- Inauguration of the Sound Garden on June 21, 2023, by Prof. Himanshu Rai, Director, IIM Indore.
- Inauguration of the Zen Garden by Prof. Himanshu Rai, Director, IIM Indore.
- IIM Indore Roots and Shoots Chapter Inaugurated.
- COVID Webinar Series launched during the lockdown.
- Distribution of food packets to the police stations and the hospitals in the vicinity taken up by IIM Indore.
- IIM Indore received the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation in February 2019.
- IIM Indore received re-accreditation from AMBA in November 2019.
- IIM Indore received the ‘Triple Crown’ by earning the third prestigious international accreditation from EQUIS on December 10, 2019.
- Honoured with the AMBA Business Excellence Award in 2019, specifically in the category of Business School Impact on Community and Society. This recognition acknowledged the significant contribution made by IIM Indore’s Rural Immersion Programme towards the betterment of communities.
- Inauguration of the Spiritual Garden by Prof. Himanshu Rai, Director, IIM Indore.
- Launch of General Management Programme for Working Executives in Dubai
- Aditya Ghosh, President and whole-time Director of InteGlobe Aviation Limited (Indigo Airlines) was the Chief Guest for the 19th Convocation held on March 28, 2018.
- Rahul Razdan, CEO, Reliance Jio Messaging Services Pvt Ltd (also the PGP Alumnus of Batch 1998-2000) and Mr. Shantiswaroop Panda, Chief Marketing Officer, Raymond Ltd (also the PGP alumnus of batch 2003-2005) were the Guests of Honour for Pre-Convocation Ceremony held on March 27, 2018.
- IIM Indore bid farewell to Professor Rishikesha T. Krishnan, Director, IIM Indore on December 31, 2018.
- Professor Himanshu Rai joined as the Director, IIM Indore on December 31, 2018
- Professor Srikant Datar, Arthur Lowes Dickinson Professor of Business Administration, HBS One Harvard Faculty Fellow, and Senior Associate Dean for University Affairs, Harvard Business School gave the address for 18th Convocation on March 30, 2017.
- Rohit Chawla, ED and Head Fixed Income, DBS Bank, India and Mr. Siddharth Sethi, Co-Founder & CEO, InfoBeans Technologies Ltd were the Guests of Honour for the Pre-Convocation Ceremony held on March 29, 2017.
- IIM Indore received the Association of MBAs (AMBA) accredited on October 13, 2016 and became the fourth IIM in the country to receive this prestigious accreditation.
- Mrs. Arundhati Bhattacharya, Chairman, State Bank of India was the Chief Guest for the 17th Annual Convocation held on March 26, 2016.
- 104 students of the first batch (2011-16) of the Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) graduated from the Institute during the 17th Annual Convocation held on March 26, 2016.
- IIM Indore alumni Mr. Roopank Chaudhary, Associate Partner & India Head, McLagan, Aon Hewitt and Ms. Debolina Dutta, Director and Head of HR, VF Corporation were the Guests of Honour of the Pre-Convocation function held on March 25, 2016.
- Dr. Nirmalya Kumar, Member, Group Executive Council, Tata Sons Limited delivers the Convocation address during the 16th Annual Convocation held on March 28, 2015.
- Mr. Sachin Nandgaonkar, President & CEO, Member of the Management Board at RPG Enterprises and Ms. Rashmi Bansal, Author and Columnist, address IIM Indore community during the pre-convocation function on March 27, 2015.
- Mentored by IIM Indore, IIM Sambalpur started the first PGP batch with 49 students on September 23, 2015 in the State of Odisha.
- Professor Rishikesha T. Krishnan joins IIM Indore as Director on January 1, 2014.
- Mr. Ramachandra Guha delivers the Convocation address during the 15th Annual Convocation on March 29, 2014.
- Dr. Ardhendu Pathak, Vice-President & Head of Emerging Technologies & Concepts, Airbus and Mr. P. R. Ganapathy, COO, Villgro Innovations address IIM Indore community during the pre-convocation function held on March 28, 2014.
- IIM Indore Celebrates Foundation Day on October 3, 2014. The Foundation Day Lecture was delivered by Mr. Kiran Karnik, Former President, NASSCOM on the theme— Faster Horses to cars: Thinking Differently.
- IIM Indore launches EPGP (E-Governance) in March 2013.
- IIM Indore introduces the Best Teacher Award carrying a cash prize of Rs. 100,000/- and a Citation during January 2013.
- Former President of India, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam addresses IIM Indore community during his visit on June 12, 2013.
- Justice Mr. Sarosh Homi Kapadia delivers the Convocation address during the 14th Annual Convocation held on April 6, 2013.
- Mr. R. Mukundan, Managing Director, Tata Chemicals Limited addresses IIM Indore community during the pre-convocation function held on April 5, 2013.
- Sparks, the 2nd Sports Meet for faculty, staff and their families held on January 5-6, 2013.
- IIM Indore performs the ground breaking ceremony for the Group-V project on 19th January 2013 with an approximate project cost of Rs. 120 crores.
- Government of India nominates Mr. K. V. Kamath, Chairman, Infosys as Chairman, Board of Governor, IIM Indore.
- IIM Indore launches Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) in Mumbai.
- 4th Edition of National Youth Conference organised during January 10-12, 2012.
- Mr. K.V. Kamath, Chairman, Infosys, delivers the Convocation address during the 13th Annual Convocation held on March 31, 2012.
- IIM Indore’s Health Centre inaugurated.
- IIM Indore organized International Library Conference on Creating Wisdom and Knowledge through Shared Learning during October 11-13, 2012.
- IIM Indore Celebrates 13th Foundation Day on October 3, 2013. The Foundation Day Lecture was delivered by Mr. N.S. Raghavan, Chairman, Nadathur Estates Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore on the theme— Neuroscience Insights for Informational Leadership.
- IIM Indore launches Five Year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM).
- IIM Indore launches PGPMX, Mumbai.
- IIM Indore launches PGP and PGPMX, UAE.
- IIM Indore launches FPM (Industry).
- Dr. J.J. Irani (formerly with Tata Group), delivers 12th Foundation Day lecture on Corporate Governance through the lens of an Indian Corporate during October 3, 2011..
- State-of-the-art Sports Complex having an Auditorium, Swimming Pool, Amphitheatre, Gymnasium, Cafeteria, Two Tennis Courts, Squash Court, Book Shop and Event Court was dedicated to the IIM Indore community.
- Mr. M.V. Subbiah, Chairman, National Skill Development Corporation and former Chairman, Murugappa Group, delivers the Convocation address during the 12th Annual Convocation held on March 26, 2011.
- PGP batch in-take increased to 450 from 240 participants.
- IIM Indore commences Rural Immersion Programme in PGP.
- IIM Indore introduces the Himalayan Outbound programme in PGP.
- Harsh Mariwala, Managing Director, Marico Limited delivers 11th Convocation address during March 29, 2010.
- Dr. Samuel Paul, former Director, IIM Ahmedabad and Founder, Public Affairs Centre, Bangalore, delivers 11th Foundation Day lecture on Basic Qualities that Build the Institutions during October 3, 2010.
- Mr. S. Ramadorai, CEO and Managing Director, TCS, delivers the Convocation address during the 10th Annual Convocation held on March 30, 2009.
- Mr. James Michael Lyngdoh, former, Chief Election Commissioner, delivers the 10th Foundation Day lecture during October 3, 2009.
- Dr. N. Ravichandran appointed as the Director, IIM Indore.
- PGP batch in-take increases to 240 from 175 participants.
- One year EPGP launched.
- Mr. Swami Atmapriyanandaji, Vice-Chancellor, Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University, Kolkata, delivers the 9th Foundation Day lecture during October 3, 2008..
- Mr. S. K. Roongta, Chairman and Managing Director, SAIL, delivers 9th Convocation address during March 18, 2008.
- Aimed at enhancing teaching and research capabilities of management educators, IIM Indore introduces Faculty Development Programme (FDP).
- Mr. L. N. Jhunjhunwala, Emeritus Chairman, Bhilwara Group, takes over as Chairman, Board of Governors, IIM Indore.
- First Information Communication Technology enabled One-Year Certificate Programme in Management Launched in January 2007..
- IIM Indore launches BBB Programme.
- Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, former President of India, delivers the 8th Foundation Day lecture during October 3, 2007.
- Mr. Rahul Bajaj, Chairman, Bajaj Auto Limited, delivers 8th Convocation address during March 24, 2007.
- IIM Indore launches 24-Week Certificate Course for Defense Officers.
- IIM Indore launches Fellow Programme in Management (FPM).
- PGP in-take increased from 120 to 180 participants.
- IIM Indore launches One-year Broad-Band-Based (BBB) Certificate in General Management Program (BBB-GM).
- IIM Indore launches One-year Broad-band-based Certificate in Sales and Marketing Management Program (BBB-S&MM).
- Mr. Mukesh D. Ambani, Chairman & Managing Director, Reliance Industries Limited inaugurates IIM Indore campus on January 17, 2006.
- Mr. Y.C. Deveshwar, Chairman, ITC Limited, delivers the 7th Foundation Day lecture during October 3, 2006.
- Mr. Scott Bayman, CEO, GE India, delivers 7th Convocation address during April 1, 2006.
- IIM Indore ties up with International Institute Ecole de Management, Lyon, France.
- Dr. Rakesh Mohan, Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India, delivers the 6th Foundation Day lecture during October 3, 2005.
- A. K. Purwar, Chairman, State Bank, delivers 6th Convocation address during March 21, 2005.
- IIM Indore completes Air-conditioning and furnishing of 308-seat Auditorium.
- LAN operationalised in the campus.
- Professor S.P. Parashar appointed as Director on April 5, 2004.
- Need-based Financial Assistance (NBFA)for participants from economically weaker sections started.
- AICTE approves the Institute as a QIP Centre towards Doctoral/Fellow Programmes of faculty members of AICTE recognized management institutions.
- For the first time, BoG, IIM Indore approves Corpus Fund with the concurrence of Government of India.
- IIM Indore shifts to its own 193 acres campus at the Rau-Pithampur Road, Indore.
- Mr. Sudharssanam appointed as the Acting Director on July 22, 2003.
- Mr. Subodh Bhargava, Chairman, Wartsila NSD India Limited, delivers the 4th Foundation Day lecture during October 3, 2003.
- Dr. C. Rangarajan, Chairman, 12th Finance Commission, delivers 4th Convocation address during March 28, 2003.
- IIM Indore launches 1st Executive Post-Graduate Programme in Management (18-Months) for working executives.
- Mr. M. N. Venkatachaliah, Former Chief Justice of India, delivers the 3rd Foundation Day lecture during October 3, 2002.
- Mr. Adi Godrej, Chairman, Godrej Group, delivers 3rd Convocation address during March 25, 2002.
- Eicher Motors Limited became the First Donor Member of the IIMI Society.
- First Marketing Fair organized – “UtsAha”.
- First International Conference organized – “International Conference of Society of Operations Management”.
- Ms. Anu Aga, Chairperson, Thermax Limited, delivers the 5th Foundation Day lecture during October 3, 2004.
- Mr. N. Vaghul, Chairman, ICICI Bank, delivers 5th Convocation address during March 22, 2004.
- IIM Indore’s Management Development Programmes (MDPs) inaugurated on August 20, 2001 at the Taj Residency, Indore.
- Dr. Y.V. Reddy, Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India, delivers the 2nd Foundation Day lecture during October 3, 2001.
- Dr. Abid Hussain, Commerce Secretary and former Ambassador to the USA, delivers 2nd Convocation address during March 25, 2001.
- First Convention: Mr. M. S. Verma, Chairman, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India delivers the Convocation address during the 1st Annual Convocation held in March 2000.
- First Placement: 36 participants placed in less than 36 hours.
- First Foundation Day: Mr. S.L. Rao, Chairman, Central Electricity Regulatory Authority, delivers the 1st Foundation Day lecture during October 3, 2000.
- IIM Indore receives First Award— Business Standard sponsored Best Business School Award in the “World Strategy Forum” held at Nehru Centre, Mumbai during October 14-17, 1999.
- Professor Rajan Saxena, appointed as Director of the Institute on July 1, 1999.
- IIM Indore starts its First Batch of PGP programme with 37 participants on June 29, 1998.
- IIM Indore organises two-day Strategy Workshop to debate on the future course of action of the Institute in January 1998.
- Professor Vijendra Nath Asopa appointed as Director, IIM Indore on July 8, 1997.
- IIM Indore starts functioning in the Government Poly-technique College, Rajendra Nagar, Indore.
- Mr. B. N. Kalyani nominated as the First Chairman of Board of Governors of IIM Indore.
- Mr. H.D. Devegowda, Prime Minister of India, lays the Foundation Stone of IIM Indore on December 8, 1996. The other dignitaries who were present during the ceremony included MHRD Minister, Mr. S.R. Bommai; Governor, Madhya Pradesh, Mr. Mohd. Safi Kureshi; Chief Minister of Madhy Pradesh, Mr. Digvijay Singh and senior INC leader Mr. Arjun Singh.
- IIM Indore was registered as Society on October 3, 1996.