Siddhartha K. Rastogi graduated with a doctoral title in economics from the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad in March 2010. Prior to this, he earned a Master (Applied Economics) and a Bachelor in Commerce from the University of Lucknow.
His teaching interests include microeconomics, macroeconomics, international economics, public policy, political economic evolution, and game theory. His primary research interests is the role of public policy in promotion of trade, agriculture, and education. His research
papers (published / conference) include streams of economics as diverse as fiscal policy, public policy, sports economics, trade and agriculture, social infrastructure, and development economics. He has published book chapters, journal papers, cases, and newspaper articles. In addition, he has attended several national and international level conferences.
His personal interests include traveling, poetry, writing, blogging, photography, social work, and readings in history, mythology, philosophy, politics, and psychology. He is also a published author and poet.
· Chakrabarty, S., Nag, B., Dasgupta, P., and Rastogi, S.K. (2016) “Determinants and Relationships in Sectoral Trade – A Bilateral Model for Knitwear Clothing”, Thunderbird International Business Review, (Forthcoming).
· Sinha, A. and Rastogi, S.K. (2015) “Inequality in Access to Improved Water Source: A Regional Analysis by Theil Index”, Theoretical Economics Letters, 5, pp. 683-690.
· Rastogi. S.K. (2015) “Recalibrating the Fiscal Deficit Numbers for India”, Economic and Political Weekly, 50 (38), pp. 24-27.
· Chauhan, G.S. and Rastogi S.K. (2013) “Can Systemic Risk Shifting of Banks be checked by Subordinate Debt and Deposit Insurance? A Game Theoretic Approach”, International Journal of Economic Perspectives, 7(4).
· Rastogi, S.K. (2013) “Exploring Reasons of Skewed Female-Male Ratio: A Panel Data Study of Select Countries”, Indian Development Review, 11(1), pp. 15-26.
· Rastogi, S.K. (2012) “Welfare Assessment of SPS Standards: An Empirical Study of Indo-US Mango Trade Case”, Agricultural Economics Research Review, 25(2), pp. 217-230.
· Rastogi, S.K. and Deodhar, S.Y. (2009) “Player Pricing and Valuation of Cricketing Attributes: Exploring the IPL Twenty-Twenty Vision”, Vikalpa, 34(2), pp. 15-23.
· Rastogi, S.K. (2015) “SPS Agreement of WTO and Indian Agriculture”, in Agriculture : Innovation, Strategy & Technology in 21st century, (ed.) Sharma, A. and Goyal, M., Archers & Elevators India.
· Sharma, A., Ramana, L.V., Thaker, K., and Rastogi, S.K. (2014) “Performance of Indian Commodity Futures Market: An Analysis” in Proceedings in Finance and Risk Perspectives ’13, (ed.) Lehner, O. and Harrison, R.T., ACRN Oxford Publishing House, Austria, pp. 2-20.
· Rastogi, S.K. and Singh, S. (2011) “Transport Led Growth of North East India: An Analysis” in (ed.) Understanding India's North East, Agarwal A.K. and Singh, B., DVS Publishers, Guwahati, pp. 196-202.
· Rastogi, S.K. and Dholakia, R.H. (2010) “Linkages of Agricultural Exports and Infrastructure Development in Gujarat” in High Growth Trajectory and Structural Changes in Gujarat Agriculture, (ed.) Dholakia R.H. and Datta, S.K., Macmillan Publishers India Ltd., pp. 136-151.
· Rastogi, S.K. (2008) “Sulabh International Social Service Organization” in Social Entrepreneurship: Concepts, Cases and Experiences, (ed.) Gaurav, K., ICFAI University Press, Hyderabad, pp. 66-83.
· Rastogi, S.K. (2014) “Driving a Bus in India: A Study of Indore Bus Rapid Transport System”, Social Science Research Network Working Paper Id 2417574, Available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=2417574
· Rastogi S.K., Jonnada, J. and Mohan, M.S. (2012) “Preferences of Indian Newspaper Readers: Print vs. Online”, Working Paper No. WP/01/12/ECO, IIM Indore
· Chauhan, G.S. and Rastogi S.K. (2011) “Moderation in Systemic Risk Shifting of Banks by Subordinate Debt and Deposit Insurance: A Game Theoretic Approach”, Working Paper No. WP/03/11/F&A, IIM Indore
· Rastogi, S.K. (2011) “Welfare Assessment of SPS Standards: An Empirical Study of Indo-US Mango Trade Dispute”, Working Paper No. EC-11-05, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
· Rastogi, S.K. and Deodhar, S.Y. (2009) “Player Pricing and Valuation of Cricketing Attributes: Exploring the IPL Twenty-Twenty Vision”, Working Paper 2009-01-02, IIM Ahmedabad
· Rastogi, S.K. and Deodhar, S.Y. (2008) “Indo-US Trade in Wheat and Mango: A Game-Theoretic Approach to SPS Standards”, Working Paper 2008-03-04, IIM Ahmedabad
· Rastogi, S.K. and Gavand, A. (2015) “Reclaiming India’s Tryst with Destiny: Learning from Chinese Experience”, Indore Manager Commemorative Volume - 2015, Journal of Indore Management Association, pp. 100-103.
· Rastogi, S.K. (2012) “A politician’s budget which does not take a stand”, Daily News and Analysis, Mar 17, Indore edition, Page 3.
· Singh, S.P. and Rastogi, S.K. (2009) “Tughlaqi whim called Samajwadi Party manifesto”, Daily News and Analysis, Apr 14, Ahmedabad edition, Pg. 3.
· Singh, S.P. and Rastogi, S.K. (2009) “BJP poll manifesto 2009: promising a new avataar”, Daily News and Analysis, Apr 5, Ahmedabad edition, Pg. 2.
. Singh, S.P. and Rastogi, S.K. (2009) “Congress poll manifesto has re-heated populist promises”, Daily News and Analysis, Mar 25, Ahmedabad edition, Pg. 3.