|Name||Surya Bhushan Kumar|
|Qualification||Ph.D. (Indian Institute of Management Raipur), MBA (Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad)|
- Brief Profile
- Research Publications
Surya Bhushan Kumar has completed his Ph.D. (FPM) from Indian Institute of Management Raipur. He is a Commerce graduate from Ranchi University and holds a master degree in business administration from Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad. He has also worked for more than five years at Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE), EXL Services, and Institute of Management Studies Ghaziabad prior to joining IIM Raipur for Ph.D. program.
His primary area of research is related with financial and non-financial information systems and their consequences. He also has publications in ABDC-A category publications, like in Emerging Markets Review, Economics Letters, and International Review of Economics and Finance along with other publications in Category B and Category C publications. He has also written a case with Ivey Richards (available on Harvard Business Publishing Education titled as “JONEJA BRIGHT STEELS: THE CASH DISCOUNT DECISION” Product Number: 9B17B002.
Details of Research Works:
- Chauhan, Y., & Kumar, S. B. (2018). Does accounting comparability alleviate the informational
disadvantage of foreign investors?. International Review of Economics & Finance. 60, 114-129
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.iref.2018.12.018 (Scopus indexed, ABDC Rank- A)
- Chauhan, Y., & Kumar, S. B. (2018). Do investors value the nonfinancial disclosure in emerging
markets?. Emerging Markets Review, 37, 32-46. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ememar.2018.05.001
(Scopus indexed, ABDC Rank- A)
- Das, D., & Kumar, S. B. (2018). International economic policy uncertainty and stock prices
revisited: Multiple and Partial wavelet approach. Economics Letters, 164, 100-108.
https://doi.org/10.1016/j.econlet.2018.01.013 (Scopus indexed, ABDC Rank- A)
- Das, D., Kumar, S. B., Tiwari, A. K., Shahbaz, M., & Hasim, H. M. (2018). On the relationship
of gold, crude oil, stocks with financial stress: A causality-in-quantiles approach. Finance
Research Letters. 17, 169-174. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.frl.2018.02.030 (Scopus indexed,
ABDC Rank- B)
- Kumar, S. B., Goyal, V., & Mitra, S. K. (2019). The relationship between earnings round
up/down and global financial crisis: evidence from BRICS markets. Asia-Pacific Journal of
Accounting & Economics, 1-24. https://doi.org/10.1080/16081625.2019.1584756 (Scopus
indexed, ABDC Rank- B)
- Kumar, S. B., Goyal, V., & Mitra, S. K. (2018). Do Indian Firms Manage Earning Numbers? An
Empirical Investigation. Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, 22(1), 1-7.
(Scopus indexed, ABDC Rank- C)