|Name||Gaurav Singh Chauhan|
|Qualification||FPM (IIM Indore)|
Gaurav Singh Chauhan is a Faculty in the area of Finance and Accounting at Indian Institute of Management Indore. His doctoral dissertation was titled “Interplay between Subordinate Debt and Deposit Insurance in Banking System Stability”. The dissertation was awarded First Prize at the 10th International Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR-2010) held at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in November 2010. The same was also adjudged as one of the best proposal at the 4th Doctoral Colloquium held at IIM Ahmedabad in January 2011.
His research interests include Corporate Finance, Financial Regulation, Risk Management, and Portfolio Investments. His research work has been published in international journals of repute such as Journal of Corporate Finance, Journal of Business Research and Accounting & Finance.
He has also written several management case studies published at the Ivey case repository of the Richard Ivey Business School, Canada. He is actively working in the field of corporate governance, capital structure for firms and mutual funds in the emerging markets. He is actively presenting his research work in different international and national conferences and seminars.
Prof. Chauhan is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) of the CFA Institute, USA. He is also professionally qualified as Financial Risk Manager (FRM) awarded by Global Association of Risk Professionals, USA.
Prof. Chauhan has been awarded Best Teacher Award 2012 and 2018 at Indian Institute of Management Indore.
Prior to joining the doctoral programme, he has worked in Oil and Gas industry for about five years in management positions.
Research and Publications:
- Chauhan, G.S. (2020). Working Capital Dynamics. Australian Journal of Management, Forthcoming, Sage publishing.
- Chauhan, G.S. (2019). Are Working Capital Decisions Truly Short-term in Nature? Journal of Business Research, Vol. 99, pp. 238-253, Elsevier publishing.
- Chauhan, G.S. (2019). Performance Attribution of Mutual Funds in India: Outperformance or Mis-representation? Accounting and Finance, Vol. 59, pp. 383-409, Wiley publishing.
- Chauhan, G.S. and Banerjee, P. (2019). Mean Reversion in Corporate Leverage: Evidence from India. Managerial Finance, Vol. 45, pp. 1183-1198, Emerald publishing.
- Chauhan, G. S. and Huseynov, F. (2018). Corporate Financing and Target Behavior: New Tests and Evidence. Journal of Corporate Finance, Vol. 48, pp. 840-856, Elsevier publishing.
- Chauhan, G.S. and Banerjee, P. (2018). Financial constraints and optimal working capital – evidence from an emerging market. International Journal of Managerial Finance, Vol. 14, pp.37-53, Emerald publishing.
- Chauhan, G.S. (2017). Corporate Financing and Deleveraging of Firms in India. IIM B Management Review, Vol. 29, pp. 170-187, Elsevier publishing.
- Chauhan, G.S. (2016). Reconciling Theory and Evidence for Corporate Financing in India. Journal of Emerging Market Finance, Vol. 15, No.3, pp. 295-309, Sage publishing.
- Chauhan, G. S. and Sundaram S. S. (2016). Subordinate Debt, Deposit Insurance and Market-Oriented Monitoring of Banks. IIM B Management Review, Vol. 28, pp. 136-146, Elsevier publishing.
- Chauhan, G.S. and Banerjee, P. (2015). Revisiting the Project Evaluation and Decision Making. Journal of International Business Education, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 291-320, Neilson Publishing UK.
- Chauhan, G.S. (2018). Tata Equity P/E Mutual Fund: Performance Measurement and Attribution. Ivey Publishing, Richard Ivey Business School, Canada (includes teaching note). Product No. Ivey- 9B18N025.
- Chauhan, G.S. (2016). Amtek Auto Ltd.: From Acquisitions to Financial Crisis. Ivey Publishing, Richard Ivey Business School, Canada, (includes teaching note). Product No. Ivey- 9B16N012.
- Chauhan, G.S. and Banerjee, P. (2015) Aqua Logistics Ltd.: An Attractive Target for Acquisition. Ivey Publishing, Richard Ivey Business School, Canada (includes teaching note). Product No. Ivey-9B15N020.