|Name||Radha Mukesh Ladkani|
|Qualification||PGDIB (KJSIMSR Mumbai), FPM (IIM Calcutta)|
- Brief Profile
- Research Publications
Radha M. Ladkani has done her FPM (Ph.D.) from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. She holds a bachelor degree in Commerce from Gujarat University and Post-Graduate Diploma in International Business with Gold Medal for academic excellence from KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai. She has worked for over four years with Walton Exports, Metlife India, HDFC Bank and ICFAI Business School prior to her FPM at IIM, Calcutta.
She has presented research papers at international conferences like – XXVI Edition of Rome International Conference on Money, Banking and Finance 2017 (Italy), Academy of International Business India Chapter Conference 2016 (India), the Eastern Finance Association Annual Meeting 2015 (New Orleans), Midwest Finance Association’s Annual Meeting 2013 (Chicago), 13th Finance, Risk & Accounting Perspectives 2013 (Cambridge, UK) and IIM Bangalore’s IMRDC-2012. She has received best paper award at IIM Ahmedabad’s Doctoral Colloquium 2013.
Her current research interests are mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, behavioural corporate finance, agency conflicts in emerging market firms, and corporate governance, business groups and family businesses. Her teaching interests include Mergers and Acquisitions, Business Valuation and Corporate Finance.
Areas of Research Interest: Different aspects of mergers and acquisitions, agency issues in emerging market firms, and behavioural corporate finance.
- Popli, M., Ladkani, R. M., & Gaur, A. S. (2017). Business group affiliation and post-acquisition performance: An extended resource-based view. Journal of Business Research, 81, 21-30.
- Ladkani, R. M. and Banerjee, A. (2017). Emerging market bidder returns and the choice of payment method in M&A: Evidence from India. Journal of Emerging Market Finance. Forthcoming.
- Ladkani, R. M., & Banerjee, A. (2016). More than a Fair Share? Principal-Principal Conflicts in Emerging Markets: Evidence from India. International Journal of Economics and Finance, 8(7), 31.
- Ladkani, R.M. (2016). Acquisition Performance in the Presence of Principal-Principal conflicts: Evidence from India. International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research, 14(9), 6811-6830.
- Ladkani, R. M., & Raithatha, M. (2017). Do Board Characteristics Play a Moderating Role in M&A Decisions of Family Firms? A principal-principal conflicts perspective. Presented at the XXVI Edition of International Rome Conference on Money, Banking and Finance, Italy, in Dec, 2017.
- Ladkani, R. M., & Banerjee, A. (2016). Managerial Herding in Mergers and Acquisitions: Evidence from India. Presented at Academy of International Business India Chapter Conference, IIM Indore, in April, 2016.
- Lead kindly light: A Behavioural context of Merger Waves”. Presented at India Finance Conference, jointly organized by IIM Ahmedabad, IIM Bangalore and IIM Calcutta, and hosted by IIM Calcutta, in Dec, 2015.
- “More than a fair share? Principal-principal conflicts in emerging markets: Evidence from India”. Presented at the Easter Finance Association Annual Meeting 2015, New Orleans, USA, in April, 2015.
- “Lead kindly light? A blended neo-classical and behavioural context of merger waves in emerging markets”. Presented at the 13th FRAP –Finance, Risk and Accounting Perspectives Conference, ACRN, Cambridge, United Kingdom, in Nov, 2013.
- “Emerging Market Bidder Returns and the Choice of Payment Method in M&A: Evidence from India”. Presented / Accepted-for-presentation at:
- Midwest Finance Association Annual Meeting 2013, Chicago, USA, in Mar, 2013.
- The 49th Eastern Finance Association Annual Meeting 2013, Florida, USA (Accepted for presentation).
- IIMB Management Review Doctoral Conference 2012, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, Bangalore, India, in Dec, 2012.
- “Promoter ownership and principal-principal conflicts: Evidence from Indian M&As”. Presented at the 6th IIM Ahmedabad Doctoral Colloquium, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, India, in Jan, 2013.
- “Factors Affecting the Choice of Payment in Mergers and Acquisitions: Evidence from the US and India”. Presented at the International Finance Conference (now India Finance Conference) 2011, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Kolkata, India, in Jan, 2011.