Prabin Kumar Panigrahi is a Professor in Information Systems area at Indian Institute of Management Indore, India. He holds his Masters from National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela, India and Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur, India. His current research interests include Emerging Technologies, Technology Adoption, Analytics, Business Value of Information Systems, E-Governance, and Social Inclusion in Information Systems. His research work has been published in Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Contemporary Issues in Business and Government, CSI Communications, Insurance Chronicle, International Journal of Computer Applications, International Journal of Business Information Systems, International Journal of Knowledge Management, International Journal of Business Intelligence Research, Journal of Accounting Research, Journal of Systems Management, Journal of Global Information Technology Management, Journal of International Business Education, Journal of Information Technology Management, Journal of Global Information Management, Journal of Developing Areas, Journal of Systems and Information Technology. Transforming Government: People, Process and Policy, and Electronic Journal Information Systems Evaluation. He is also a member of the editorial board for International Journal of Business Information Systems.
Prof Panigrahi has various professional honours, awards and fellowships both internationally and nationally across teaching, research and industry. He is recipient of Fulbright-Nehru Visiting Lecture Fellowship, Best Teacher Award, IIM Indore, Teradata University Network Faculty Scholarship, The Data Warehousing Institute Continuing Professional Education Scholarship, Boston, USA, and GIAN (Global Initiative on Academic Network, MHRD). Prof Panigrahi is a member of working group of Cyber Surakshit Bharat, an initiative of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Govt. of India and National e-Governance Division for building a cyber security resilient framework within Govt. He is also currently developing MOOCs on Information Security and Cyber Forensics for SWAWAM platform of Govt. of India. He has received Outreach Lecturing Fund award from Institute of International Education Council for International Exchange of Scholars, US. He had delivered talks at various universities overseas. He has participated in Global Colloquium on Participant Cantered Learning (GCPCL), Harvard Business School (HBS), Boston, USA as well as in China.
Prof Panigrahi is recipient of Research Fellowship, Under Obama-Singh 21st Century Knowledge Initiative (UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School project). He is also recipient of Indo-British Higher Education Fellowship at University of Wales (UK), Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute Award for research at HEC Montreal, Canada and Digital India eGov Fellowship, Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India. He was a team member of research project, Center for Global Resource Leverage, India of the Ross School of Business at University of Michigan. Prof Panigrahi was a visiting research scholar to The University of North Carolina Greensboro, USA. He was a member in a World Bank Project of Case Studies Writing on Autonomy in Higher Education Institutions. He was selected as an Award Assessor for the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Export-Import Bank of India and was certified as Solution Consultant (SAP Global Certification).
- Srivastava, S. & Panigrahi, P. (2018), “Social Participation among Elderly: Moderated Mediation Model of Information and Communication Technology (ICT)”, Communications of the Association for Information Systems.
- Singh, J., and Kumar Panigrahi, P., 2018. Acceptance of Open Learning Resources: Perspectives of Higher Education Students in India. The Electronic Journal Information Systems Evaluation, 21(2), pp. xx-xx, available online at
- Nayak, A. & Panigrahi,P. (2018). “Participation in Self-help Group and Empowerment of Women: A Structural Model Analysis, Journal of Developing Areas”
- Trivedi, S. & Panigrahi, P. (2018) “Spam Classification: A Comparative analysis of different Boosted Decision Tree Approaches”, Journal of Systems and Information Technology.
- Nishikant Bele, Prabin Kumar Panigrahi, and Shashi Kant Srivastava (2018), Knowledge Discovery from Vernacular Expressions: An Application of Social Media and Text Mining, International Journal of Knowledge Management (IJKM), Vol.14, Issue 1, Jan-Mar 2018, pp.1-18.
- Vakeel, K. A. & Panigrahi P.(2017), Social media usage in E-Government: Mediating role of government participation, Journal of Global Information Management, Accepted for publication, Scheduled to be published in Vol 26 Issue 1 Article 1, 2018)
- Bele, N, Panigrahi, P, and Srivastava, S (2017). Political Sentiment Mining: A New Age Intelligence Tool for Business Strategy Formulation, International Journal of Business Intelligence Research, Vol.8 No.1., pp.55-83.
- Tomer, G, Chouhan G., Panigrahi, P (2016). Feasibility of m-governance in Agriculture: insights from a multimodal study in rural India, Transforming Government: People, Process and Policy, Vol.10, Iss 3, pp.434-456.
- Srivastava, S. & Panigrahi, P., (2016). The impact of E-Government and E-Business on Economic performance: A comparative study of developing and developed countries, Contemporary Issues in Business and Government, Vol.22, No.1, pp.36-50.
- Panigrahi, P. and Bele, N. (2016), A review of recent advances in text mining of Indian languages, Int. J. Business Information Systems, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp.175–193.
- Rajesh Sharma, Prabin Kumar Panigrahi (2015), Developing a Roadmap for Planning and Implementation of Interoperability Capability in E-Government, Transforming Government: People, Process and Policy (TGPPP), Vol. 9 Iss: 4, pp.426 – 447.