Sanjog Ray is a fellow in management of Indian Institute of Management Calcutta with Management Information Systems as his major area. His dissertation is in the area of recommender systems. His research work has being presented and published in prestigious international forums in area of Data Mining & Knowledge Discovery, Information systems, and Artificial Intelligence. Prior to joining the fellow program In IIMC, he worked in the information technology sector for four years in the roles of six sigma analyst and associate manager. He did his engineering in electronics and telecommunications from Utkal University, and quality management and six sigma training from Indian Statistical Institute, SQC & OR center.
1. Ray, S. 2015. “An Empirical Investigation of the Influence of Trust and Distrust Ratings in Social Networks on Cold Start Users””, Presented in INFORMS Annual Meeting 2015, Philadelphia, U.S.
2. Sharma, R., & Ray, S. 2015, Explanations in recommender systems: an overview, International Journal of Business Information Systems
3. Ray, S., Panigrahi , P. 2015, Birth Certificate Digitization: A Case of E-Governance Initiatives in India , Case Registered at IIM Indore
4. Vakeel, K., Ray, S. 2015, Motivation Oriented Location-Aware Recommender System ,Presented in Information Systems Symposium 2015, Hyderabad
5. Ray, S. 2014. “A Decision Framework for using Mood as Context in Recommender Systems”, Presented in International Federation of Operation Research 2014, Barcelona, Spain.
6. Ray, S., Gunta, S. 2013, “Delhi Traffic Police and Indore Police: E-Participation in Social Media” Presented at 3rd South Asian Management Research and Case Conference, Bangalore India
7. Ray, S., Mahanti, A. 2013. “Trusting the Trusted: An Empirical Analysis”, Communication of International Information Management Association, Volume 12, Issue 4, Pgs. 1-14
8. Ray, S. 2013. “Ranking taggers in Social Networks”, Presented in International Symposium of Information Systems, January 4-6, 2013, Goa, India.
9. Ray, S. 2012. “"Identifying Influential Taggers in Trust-Aware Recommender Systems "”, In workshop proceedings of International Conference on Advances in Social Network Analysis and Mining , August 26-29, 2012, Istanbul, Turkey.
10. Ray, S., Sharma, A. 2011. “"A Collaborative Filtering Based Approach for Recommending Elective Courses"”, In proceedings of 5th International Conference on Information Systems, Technology, and Management, Gurgoan, India.
11. Chakraborty, P., Ray, S., Mahanti, A. 2010. “Use of Tags in Recommender Systems: A Survey ”, In Proceedings of 2nd international Conference on IT & Business Intelligence, Nagpur, India
12. Saha,S., Majumder,S., Ray, S and Mahanti, A. 2010. “Categorizing User Interests in Recommender Systems” In proceedings of Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Information and Engineering Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2010, Volume 6277/2010, 282-291
13. Ray, S., Mahanti, A. 2010. “Designing Accurate Trust-aware Recommender Systems for Cold Start Users”, In proceedings of 28th IASTED International Conference of Artificial Intelligence and Applications, Innsbruck, Austria
14. Ray, S., Mahanti, A. 2010. “Improving Prediction Accuracy in Trust–aware Recommender Systems”, In proceedings of 43rd Hawaii International Conference on Systems Science, Hawaii, U.S.
15. Ray, S., Mahanti, A. 2009. “Filler Item Strategies for Shilling Attacks against Recommender Systems”, In proceedings of 42nd Hawaii International Conference on Systems Science, Hawaii, U.S.
16. Mireault, P., Ray, S., Mahanti, A. 2008. “Categorizing User Interests in Recommender Systems”, In book of abstracts of 3rd International Symposium of Information Systems, Hyderabad, India.
17. Ray, S., Mahanti, A. 2008. “Strategies for Effective Shilling Attacks against Recommender Systems”, In proceedings of 2nd ACM SIGKDD International Workshop on Privacy, Security, and Trust in KDD, Las Vegas, LNCS 5456, Springer, pp. 111-125.
18. Ray, S., Mahanti, A. 2008. “Filler Item Strategies for Effective Shilling Attacks”, In proceedings of 18th European Conference of Artificial Intelligence -Workshop on Recommender systems, Pratas, Greece.
19. Ray, S., Mahanti, A. 2008. “Weighted Class based Hybrid Algorithm for Top-N Recommender Systems”, In proceedings of 26th IASTED International Conference of Artificial Intelligence and Applications, Innsbruck, Austria.