Bipul Kumar is a Fellow (PhD) of Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad. He did Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management from Indian Institute of management Indore and B.Sc. (Engineering) in Civil Engineering from BIT Sindri. He has worked in Oil & Gas sector in different functions such as retailing, engineering and operations. He also had short stint in hydropower sector prior to joining academics. His teaching and research areas of interest are Business-to-Business Marketing, Sustainability and Green Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Oil & Gas Marketing and Energy Business. He uses Meta-analysis, Structural Equation Modeling, Text analysis using R and Netnography as the research methodologies. He is recipient of research grant from IIM Indore to conduct collaborative research with University of Delaware, USA.
He is currently the Associate Editor of Journal of Global Marketing and is also on the Editorial Review Board of Journal of Business Research.
Areas of Research Interest:
Business-to-Business Marketing, Sustainability and Green Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Oil & Gas Marketing and Energy Business.
Publications in ABDC listed journals:
- Kumar, B., Sharma, A., Vatavwala, S., & Kumar, P. (Forthcoming), Digital Mediation in Business-to-Business Marketing: A Bibliometric Analysis. Industrial Marketing Management (ABDC – A*)
- Kumar, B., Manrai, A. K., & Manrai, L. A. (2017). Purchasing behaviour for environmentally sustainable products: A conceptual framework and empirical study. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 34, 1-9. (ABDC – A)
- Kumar, B., Manrai, L. A., & Manrai, A. K. (2017). A Conceptual Framework to Understand Responsible Consumption Behavior, in LA - Latin American Advances in Consumer Research, MN: Association for Consumer Research, 24-25. (ABDC – B)
- Bhaskar, K., & Kumar, B. (2019). Electronic waste management and sustainable development goals: Is there a business case for linking the two?. Journal of Indian Business Research. 11(2), 120-137. (ABDC – C)
- Kumar, B. & Sinha, P.K. (2016). Understanding expenditure on different commodity groups in Indian households: emerging patterns and policy implications. International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, 13(1), 76–92. (ABDC – C)
- Kumar, B. (2016). Factors affecting adoption of green products among youths: a conceptual framework based on evidence from India. International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, 13(1), 111–126. (ABDC – C)
Publications in non-ABDC listed journals:
- Kumar, S., Tripathi, V. R., Vikram, S., Kumar, B., & Garg, S. K. (2018). Characterization of MAR and heavy metal-tolerant E. coli O157: H7 in water sources: a suggestion for behavioral intervention. Environment, Development and Sustainability, 20(6), 2447-2461. (SJR - Q2)
- Kumar, B., & Bhaskar, K. (2016). Electronic Waste and Sustainability: Reflections on a Rising Global Challenge. Markets, Globalization & Development Review, 1(1), 1-13.
- Kumar, B. (2018). Sustainability Marketing and Its Outcomes: A Discussion in the Context of Emerging Markets. In Strategic Marketing Issues in Emerging Markets (pp. 327-341). Springer, Singapore.
- Kumar, B., & Dholakia, N. (2016). Toward Pro-Sustainability Actions: A Macro-Behavioral Perspective, in Naresh K. Malhotra (ed.) Marketing in and for a Sustainable Society, Review of Marketing Research, Volume 13, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, pp.169 - 192. (SJR - Q2)
Registered Working Papers
- Kumar, B. (2012). Theory of Planned Behaviour Approach to Understand the Purchasing Behaviour for Environmentally Sustainable Products. W.P. No. 2012-12-08, R&P, IIM Ahmedabad.
- Kumar, B., Sinha, P. K., Shukla, P. R., & Abhishek (2013). Broadening the Concept of Sustainability and Measuring its Impact on Firm’s Performance. W.P. No. 2013-08-01, R&P, IIM Ahmedabad.
Case, Teaching Notes & Teaching Exercise
- Kumar, B. (2018). Jakson: Evolution of a Brand, Ivey ID: 9B18A041, Canada: Ivey Publishing.
- Kumar, B. (2018). Teaching Note, Jakson: Evolution of a Brand, Ivey ID: 8B18A041, Canada: Ivey Publishing.
- Kumar, B. (2017). Case Analysis I: Shradhanjali.com New Address for Memories of Our Ancestors. Vision, 21(3), 330-332.
- Kumar, B. and Abhishek (2016). B2B Segmentation exercise. Designed and registered with IIMA case center. Reference No: MAR0479EX.