Prof. Abhishek Mishra has done his Ph.D. from IIM Lucknow. His doctoral thesis dealt with the topic ‘Effect of Product Design Perception on Brand Equity’. He holds B.Tech (Metallurgy) degree from IIT, Roorkee and PGDM (Marketing) from FORE School of Management in 2001 and 2004 respectively.
Before joining the doctoral programme at IIM Lucknow, he has worked as a Management Consultant at Holcim, Research Consultant with Millward Brown-IMRB as well as an entrprenueur for a startup named Syndicate Infoservices. He also has teaching experience as a faculty member, before joining his PhD, with ICFAI University and School of Management Sciences.
He has 16 peer-reviewed journal paper publications, including 9 in ABDC listed ones like Journal of Business Research, Journal of Brand Management and others, as well as 7 paper presentations at premier international conferences of repute, like AMA, AMS and EMCB hosted ones. His current research interests include Product Design, Product Management, Brand Management and Brand Equity. His teaching interests include Product Management, Brand Management and Advanced Research Methods.
1. Mishra, A. (2016). Attribute-based design perceptions and consumer-brand relationship: role of user expertise. Journal of Business Research (In Press).
2. Mishra, A. (2016). An exploratory conceptualization of consumer design perception for digital devices. Journal of Indian Business Research (In Press).
3. Mishra, A, Dash, S.B., Malhotra, N., Cyr.,D. (2015). Measuring consumer design perceptions for digital devices: A multi-dimensional scale. Journal of Brand Management, 22(7), 603-630.
4. Mishra, A., Dash, S.B. & Malhotra, N. (2015). An Integrated Framework for Design Perception and Brand Equity. Academy of Marketing Science Review, 5(1/2), 28-44.
5. Jaiswal, R., Dash, S.B. & Mishra, A. (2015). Why Do Indian Military Officers Want to Leave? An Empirical Investigation. Armed Forces and Society, 42(2), 386-406.
6. Mishra A. (2015). Consumption value of digital devices: An investigation through Facebook Advertisement. Social Networking, 4(3), 51-61.
7. Mishra A. (2015). Disguised depth interviews as games: methodological extension to explore design perception. Journal of Ethnographic and Qualitative Research, 9, 286-302.
8. Jaiswal, R., Sharma, J.K., Dash, S.B., Mishra, A. & Kar, S. (2015). Antecedents of Turnover Intentions of Officers in the Indian Military: A Conceptual Framework. Vikalpa, 40(2), 145-164.
9. Mishra, A. (2014). Effect of Experiential Value on Consumer based Brand Equity: An interactive device perspective. Management and Labour Studies, 39(4), 396-410.
10. Mishra, A., Dash, S.B. & Cyr, D. (2014). Linking user experience and consumer-based brand equity: the moderating role of consumer expertise and lifestyle. Journal of Product & Brand Management, 23(4/5), 333-348.
11. Mishra, A., Mohanty, B.K. & Dash, S.B. (2015). Effect of Consumer Design Perception on Brand Equity: Fuzzy Association Rule Application in R. Journal of Management Research, 15(1), 43-59.
12. Mishra, A., Dash, S.B. & Cyr, D. (2014). Consumer-based Brand Equity Derived from Visual Design Perception of Interactive Devices. International Journal of Visual Design, 8(1), 1-16.
13. Mohanta, S., Mishra, A. & Dash, S.B. (2012). Understanding the Rural Consumer’s Behavior in Context to His Ecosystem: A Telecommunication Perspective. International Journal of Market Research, 54(5), 603-612.
1. Mishra, A. (2016). Spectator based-team brand equity index: a new measurement. Academy of Marketing Science Conference, Orlando (US).
2. Mishra, A. (2016). Measuring design perception: A new approach. American Marketing Association Winter Conference, Las Vegas (US).
3. Mishra, A., Dash, S.B., Cyr,D. and Basu, S. (2013). Dimesionalization on consumer Design Perception. EMCB NMMU Marketing Conference, Port Elizabeth, S Africa* (Nominee for Best Paper)
4. Mishra, A. and Dash, S.B. (2013). Effect of Experiential Value on Brand Equity. IIT Delhi-XLRI-Curtin ICRM Conference, New Delhi.
5. Mishra, A., Dash, S.B. and Basu, S. (2012). Exploration of Consumer Design Perception. MRSI Conference, Gurgaon (Best Academic Paper)
6. Mishra, A. & Dash, S.B. (2013). Integration of Games with traditional qualitative enquiry. EMCB IIML Marketing Conference, NOIDA.
7. Mishra, A. Dash, S.B. & Masarrat, G. (2014). Facebook Advertisement for Data Collection:A study to explore consumption values for smartphones. AIM Conference, WE School, Bangalore.