Madhusri Shrivastava is faculty in the area of Communication at IIM Indore. She has almost four decades of experience in teaching Managerial Communication, Mass Communication, English literature and language at the postgraduate and undergraduate levels. She earned her Master’s degree and M.Phil. degree in English literature from the University of Bombay. She has a Diploma in Higher education, also from the University of Bombay. She holds a Ph.D. degree in Cultural Studies from the Department of Communication and Journalism, University of Pune. Her areas of research interest include Communication, Cultural Studies, Literature and Media studies.
She is actively involved in writing, reviewing and editing, and has written extensively for the media as well. She conducts training sessions, workshops, and Management Development Programmes in Leadership communication, Effective Communication and Business Writing for organisations such as Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd., Defence Research & Development Organization, National Thermal Power Corporation, ONGC and Infantry School of the Indian army. She has been invited as guest professor to Business Schools in Austria, Taiwan and Belgium to lecture on the cultural context of doing business in India. She won the ‘Best Case’ Award for her case at the Asian Journal of Management Cases International Case Conference 2013, held at the Lahore University of Management Sciences.
- Shrivastava M. (2020) ‘Of Changing Needs and Mismatched Expectations: Teaching Business Communication in Indian Business Schools’. Journal of Creative Communications, Sage. https://doi.org/10.1177/0973258620924955
- Shrivastava M. (2020) Changing the Old Order: The Challenge Within". Journal of Organizational Behaviour Education. Vol 12: 2019. Neilson Journals Publishing. https://www.neilsonjournals.com/JOBE/jobev12.html
- Shrivastava M. (2018) ‘Vikram Rana at Margot Financial Securities’, case published in Asian Journal of Management Cases. eISSN: 09730621 | ISSN: 09728201.
- Shrivastava M. (2017), ‘Stealing My Thunder… Systematically, case published in Journal of Case Research, Xavier Institute of Management, XIMB, ISSN 0976 - 108X. https://www.xub.edu.in/jcr/cases.html
- Shrivastava M. (2016). ‘Sleaze, Slur and the Search for a Sanitised Identity: Bhojpuri Media at a Crossroads’, Cinej, Cinema Journal, University of Pittsburgh, vol. 5. 1 (Fall 2015), ISSN2158 - 8724 (online), ISSN 2159 - 2411 (print). http://cinej.pitt.edu/ojs/index.php/cinej/article/download/130/371
- Shrivastava M. (2015). ‘Music for the Migrant's Soul: Blending the Traditional with the Topical’, Networking Knowledge - the journal of Media, Communication and Cultural Studies Association (MECCSA) PGN, University of Leeds, UK. Vol.8, No. 1. 2015, ISSN: 1755-9944 http://ojs.meccsa.org.uk/index.php/netknow/article/download/361/191/
- Shrivastava M. (2015). ‘The Bhojpuriya Mumbaikar: Straddling Two Worlds’, Contributions to Indian Sociology, 49-1, 2015, Sage & Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi. Print ISSN: 0069-9667. Online ISSN: 0973-0648. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/0069966714560492
- Shrivastava M. (2013). Best Case Award for ‘On Collision Course…’, Asian Journal of Management Cases International Case Conference 2013, held at the Lahore University of Management Sciences. Published in AJMC Case Journal, eISSN 0973 - 0621. ISSN 0972-8201
- Shrivastava M. (2013). ‘Bhojpuri Cinema: Reasserting the ‘Bhojpuriya’ Roots of Migrants in Mumbai’ Journal of Creative Communication (Vol. 6, No.1) ISSN 0973-586, March & July 2011
- Shrivastava M. (2013). Perspectives on ‘Lean In’- article in Indore Management Journal 2013, Vol. 4, Issue 4, (Jan-March)
- Shrivastava M. (2013) Commentary on the case ‘Career of Ram’ – Indore Management Journal 2011, Vol. 3, issue 3 (Oct.-Dec.)
- Shrivastava M. (2012) Case - When the going Gets Tough: The Director’s Dilemma’. Published in IMT (Institute of Management & Technology) Case Journal- IMTCJ, ISSN 2229-6743