Nagarajan has a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI). During his Ph.D., he also visited the Ohio State University, Columbus and the University of Auckland Business School. After his Ph.D., he worked for the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) Chennai before joining the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore. He has a pre-doctoral experience with i2 Technologies India Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, prior to which he did his M.E. in Computer Science and Engineering from the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore, soon after his B.Sc. in Mathematics from the University of Madras.
His research interests span areas in Computer Science, Economics, Operations Research and Sociology. In particular, he is interested in Game Theory, Optimization, Data Mining, Networks (Communication Networks and Social Networks), Algorithms, and applications of Game Theory and Mechanism Design to the above areas and to Sociology and Neuroscience. He has published in reputed international and national journals, and has presented in reputed international and national conferences, with resulting publications in their proceedings as well.
- Jain, H., Teja, G. S., Mane, P., Ahuja, K., Krishnamurthy, N. (2017). Data Backup Network Formation with Heterogeneous Agents.
Archived: CoRR abs/1711.10283 (2017), https://arxiv.org/abs/1711.10283
- Mane, P., Ahuja, K., & Krishnamurthy, N. (2016). Unique Stability Point in Social Storage Networks. IIM Indore Working Paper. WP/02/016/OMQT.
Also archived: CoRR abs/1603.07689 (2016), http://arxiv.org/abs/1603.07689 .
Selected Papers in Peer-Reviewed Journals/ Proceedings of Conferences:
- Babu, S., Krishnamurthy, N., & Parthasarathy, T. (2017). Stationary, Completely Mixed and Symmetric Optimal and Equilibrium Strategies in Stochastic Games. International Journal of Game Theory, 46(3), Springer. Pp. 761-782. doi: 10.1007/s00182-016-0555-5
- Mane, P., Krishnamurthy, N. & Ahuja, K. (2014). Externalities and Stability in Social Cloud. Proceedings of the International Conference on Game Theory for Networks (GameNets 2014), Beijing, China. IEEE. Pp. 50-55
- Krishnamurthy, N. (2014). Some Applications of Stochastic Games. Proceedings of the Advanced Workshop and Tutorial on Operations Research (AWTOR 2012), Indore, India. Allied Publishers. Pp. 131-141.
- Krishnamurthy, N., Parthasarathy, T. & Sujatha, B. (2012). Existence of Stationary Equilibrium for Mixtures of Discounted Stochastic Games. Current Science, 103(9). Pp. 1003-1013
- Krishnamurthy, N., Parthasarathy, T. & Ravindran, G. (2012). On Solving Subclasses of Multi-Player Stochastic Games via Linear Complementarity Problem Formulations: A Survey and Some New Results. Optimization and Engineering, Springer, 13(3). Pp. 435-457.
- Krishnamurthy, N. & Datta, S. (2011). Some Tractable Win-Lose Games. Proceedings of the 8th Annual Conference on Theory and Applications of Models of Computation (TAMC 2011), Tokyo, Japan. LNCS, Vol. 6648, Springer-Verlag Berlin/ Heidelberg. Pp. 365-376.
Also archived: CoRR abs/1010.5951, http://arxiv.org/abs/1010.5951v2 .
- Krishnamurthy, N., Arthanari, T. S. & Sujatha, B. (2011). Stochastic game model for the consignment assignment problem. Proceedings of the International Conference on Applications of Game Theory in Policies and Decisions (in Honor of Professor C. R. Rao), Hyderabad, India. Pp. 98-111.
- Krishnamurthy, N., Parthasarathy, T. & Ravindran, G. (2010). Orderfield Property of Mixtures of Stochastic Games. Sankhya: The Indian Journal of Statistics, Springer, 72-A(1). Pp. 246-275.
Retrieved from http://sankhya.isical.ac.in/search/72a1/final16.pdf
- Krishnamurthy, N., Parthasarathy, T. & Ravindran, G. (2009-10). Orderfield Property and Algorithms for Stochastic Games via Dependency Graphs. Proceedings of the International Conference on Frontiers of Interface between Statistics and Sciences, (in Honor of Prof. C. R. Rao on Occasion of his 90th Birthday), Hyderabad, India. Pp. 286-297.
- Krishnamurthy, N., Parthasarathy, T. & Ravindran, G. (2009). Communication Complexity of Stochastic Games. Proceedings of the International Conference on Game Theory for Networks (GameNets ’09), Istanbul, Turkey. IEEE Press, NJ, USA. Pp. 411-417.
Recent Work Presented/ to be Presented at Conferences:
- Sarkhel, M., & Krishnamurthy, N. (2018). Stability in Core-Periphery Production Networks. The International Symposium on Operations Research and Game Theory, ISI Delhi, India, 9-11 January 2018.
- Jain, H., Teja, G. S., Mane, P., Ahuja, K., and Krishnamurthy, N. (2018). Data Backup Network Formation with Heterogeneous Agents. (Presented by H. Jain, as a poster at) the 10th International Conference on Communication Systems and Networks (COMSNETS), Bengaluru, India, 3-7 January 2018.
- Aradhye, A., Krishnamurthy, N., Mane, P., and Ahuja, K. (2017). Stable Social Clouds. The Symposium on Mathematical Programming & Game Theory, ISI Delhi, New Delhi, India, 9-11 January 2017.