|Qualification||Fellow (IIM Ahmedabad), Postdoctoral Fellow (Arizona State University)|
- Brief Profile
- Research Publications
Harshal Lowalekar is Professor in the area of Operations Management and Quantitative Techniques at the Indian Institute of Management Indore, India. He is a Fellow of the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, India. He was working at W.P. Carey School of Business at Arizona State University, USA as a Fulbright Postdoctoral Fellow from Aug 2013- Aug 2014. He works in the area of Theory of Constraints (TOC), Perishable Items Inventory Management and Healthcare Supply Chain Management.
1. Lowalekar, H., & Basu, S. (2019). Theory of constraints based mafia offer for supply chains of deteriorating products. International Journal of Production Research, 1-29 (Published online: 20 Aug 2019).
2. Modi, K., Lowalekar, H., & Bhatta, N. M. K. (2019). Revolutionizing supply chain management the theory of constraints way: a case study. International Journal of Production Research, 57(11), 3335-3361.
3. Lowalekar, H., & Ravi, R. R. (2017). Revolutionizing blood bank inventory management using the TOC thinking process: An Indian case study. International Journal of Production Economics, 186, 89-122.
4. Lowalekar, H., Nilakantan, R., & Ravichandran, N. (2016). Analysis of an Order-up-to-level Policy for Perishables with Random Issuing. Journal of the Operational Research Society, 67(3), 483-505.
5. Lowalekar, H., & Ravichandran, N. (2015). A combined age‐and‐stock‐based policy for ordering blood units in hospital blood banks. International Transactions in Operational Research. Published Online
6. Lowalekar, H., & Ravichandran, N. (2014). Blood bank inventory management in India. Opsearch, 51(3), 376-399.
7. Lowalekar, H., & Ravichandran, N. (2011). A model for blood components processing. Transfusion, 51(7pt2), 1624-1634.
8. Lowalekar, H., & Ravichandran, N. (2010). Model for blood collections management. Transfusion, 50(12pt2), 2778-2784.